Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
1581977341974.png

With two races to go this season, it's again time gather some feedback for Season 10.

Please let us know below what you would like to see changed for season 10, what you liked about this season and what you didn't like.

Try to use bullet points per subject to keep it a bit more structured, but feel free to discuss with each other!

Isaac_Morris

AOR iRacing GTE S9 Pro-Am Champion
Dec 16, 2019
My feedback

The racing is fun
Maybe next time do a trail race to find closer racing in classes as the pro-am is very split and could say the same for the other classes
Use a private qually setup as we did for Le Mans.
Have a longer season with an extra 3/4 rounds.

but overall this league is FRICKING SICK BRO

rainer

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 30, 2017
@Isaac_Morris a normal season is just as long as the iRacing official season just because there was xmas and new year at the start of the season meant there will be a longer off season.

Reactions: Isaac_Morris

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Yes and no... We have wanted for some time to reduce the calendar a bit. Just to gives us a bit of a brake. And also from the feedback from 2 seasons ago. But it won't be by much :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
great season, despite 3 drivers overtaking me in the championship.
Might have to do something with me missing one round suffering the man flu and one round travelling for work, but hey, I can complain, ...

Anyway: Qualifying format is perfect as is, from my perspective.
Tiers: promote anyone quicker than me, please. then I have a shot at a title :D

I think the new fuel limit mixed things up quite nicely, having 2 stops in most rounds. The pit windows allow for some strategy on most tracks, making it possible to pass someone in the pits. Adds a new level of strategy. I like it!

Race length at 80min is good, don't shorten it. Extending it, making it longer, would be fine by me, but I think many would be opposed to that.

Tiers, again, serious this time: There's overlap between the tiers, as it's quite expected. But there are also gaps inside the tiers, specifically pro-am and AM.
If a similar gap continues, and the field remains at 50ish cars, 4 tiers may be a consideration. Call it Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze for all I care, doesn't really matter.
But I think, for 4 tiers to make sense, we'd need a field of 50 cars at seasons end, 60 cars on grid at the beginning of the season.

Also: bring back a donation drive, and ensure the income (after accounting for session cost and content purchases for broadcasting) goes to the commentators, overlay creators and others investing a ton of work and time into this league.
I'd be happy to donate towards that. It's well deserved. (and a bargain compared to what third party broadcasters are charging)

Reactions: causa45

RiotOfRock

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
I've got three points i'd like to comments on.

1. Rework of the way that reserve spots work. At the start of the season there were a lot of people trying to get into the races. As someone who works full time I'm not able to check the site regularly on monday's. So it was close to impossible for me to race at the start of the season (it got better over the season for me tho, as less people are actively trying to get those spots and there seem to be more spots). What i'd like to propose is: Roll 5 names at the start of the week. These names will get offered the spots and they have 12 hours to confirm. Monday 18.00GMT you open it up to the way it is on mondays now.

To me this feels more fair to people like me who can't check the website all monday to reply within a minute :)

2. I'd like to see a 4th tier added. I am in pro-am and for some reason I actually finished 4th this race. But the other two i've race I finished below a couple of am drivers (Koen van Eijk i'm looking at you, you're definitely too quick to be an am driver :p ) Also there is no way I can compete with the fastest in this categorie as they're close to alien pace.
Overlap is always going to happen and I don't really care about class finishing position I just want to have a good race. But for the sake of championship fun I believe this would make the championship battles more intense and a possibilty for more drivers.

3. Looking at the results for the spanish gp. Moraine finished behind me, yet he finished 10th in class and got a point. I finished 12th in class and got 0 points. So despite him being a pro class driver he got a point for finishing lower than I did when i'm a pro-am driver. To me that just feels a bit weird.

So what i'd like to change regarding the points system is that there is a punishment for lower class drivers finishing above higher class drivers. If youre a pro you only get points when you finish in the top 10, as youre supposed to be the quickest in the league. Every class you go lower down the same happens but you filter the higher class drivers out of it.
That would mean the following:
PRO, everyone can score points for the "general championship"
PRO-AM, driver in the PRO-AM and AM class will get points when they finish in the top 10 when the PRO drivers are filtered out.
AM, every other class gets filtered out only leaving the AM drivers to score points.

So using this hypothetical points system J.Sanders, I. Morris and A. Schmidt would have been awarded pro points in the Spanish GP. Dropping M.Edens, J. Honzik and S. Moraine out of the points.
For Pro-Am it would have resulted in Koen van Eijk taking the final point instead of V. Mateos.

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Another AOR GTE season under my belt.

Qualifying format seems fine to me, can't see how it could be improved really.
Fuel limit also a good change as allows for more strategy with the 2 stops.
Class wise I think some changes need to be thought about, for example Sebring race had 10 Am, 23 Pro-Am, 11 Pro drivers. I understand you can't refuse reserves from driving because of their class.

Has been a bit of a learning curve this season trying to work out the Ford (still have no idea) but look forward to seeing how the next season shapes up.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Has been a bit of a learning curve this season trying to work out the Ford (still have no idea) but look forward to seeing how the next season shapes up.
That one is easy to answer

1582047785390.png

• Friendly
Reactions: Pretender

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
Great organisation. Unfortenatly my pace goes down race by race. I think I'm tallk to much around setup, and not a lot around racing techniqe.
- 2 pitstop is great, maby is an idea: one nessesery tyre change
- drive trought after every10x

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
I quite like the format as it is. Qualifying, Race length, everything.

I will comment on the class splits though. I get the comments made by guys wanting a 4th tier. In my opinion, that could cause more guys to get upset at the tier they are in, and will obviously reduce the size of each class field. In my opinion, there should be more guys in Pro. I have been in Pro-Am in both of my 2 seasons racing AOR GTE League and generally i am towards the sharp end of the Pro-Ams. (I have been pretty terrible recently). But my aim is always to finish in the top 10 over all (not that i have managed it all that often :cry: ), regardless of class. And i think a lot of the ProAm field have similar ambition. Also, such a small Pro field gives guys at the tail end of the Pro Field a little frustration when they are mixing with so many Pro Ams.

So basically, my feedback/suggestion is, make the Pro field bigger. Personally, i would rather be at the back of the Pro field than at the front of the Pro Am field.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
I want to address the discussion about the class sizes, and adjusting the amount of classes. We really appreciate your feedback, but I think it is also important that everyone knows the facts. The thing we can control as coordinators is how many main drivers we assign to each class. Variables like which class the absences are from, and the class of the replacing reserve driver is not something we can regulate. This is the split of drivers per class on the main-driver list (as per a few days ago):

Pro: 17
Pro-Am: 22
Am: 11 (almost all of this season retirements from the league fell in this category)

But please keep posting feedback! Not trying to shut anyone down, just want to clarify the facts of the current situation.

Isaac_Morris

AOR iRacing GTE S9 Pro-Am Champion
Dec 16, 2019
Great organisation. Unfortenatly my pace goes down race by race. I think I'm tallk to much around setup, and not a lot around racing techniqe.
a drive through after every 10x? that would be quite rough as the official series do it after 17x so i think personally that would be a bad call

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Massive shout out to the cods and staff behind this league: You guys are doing an amazing job, thanks a lot!

I think the league has found a really good spot this season with qualifying, fuel limit, race length and so on, don't really have much to suggest to improve.

The biggest letdown for me this season is the atmosphere around the league. The tone had been different and there is way too much "noise" going on. I mean to have fun is one thing, acting like kids craving for attention constantly is another, and sadly there had been quite a lot of the latter this season. That's a shame IMO and it doesn't fit with the AOR "spirit" that I've enjoyed in other leagues here on AOR for the past couple of years.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Format is pretty good, and I agree with the idea of having a break beyond the normal week 13, but imo this season's break of 3 weeks was a bit to much. I know it was exacerbated by it being christmas/new year but I hope next season it'll be reduced to say an extra week rather than three.

causa45

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2019
Massive shout out to the cods and staff behind this league: You guys are doing an amazing job, thanks a lot!

I think the league has found a really good spot this season with qualifying, fuel limit, race length and so on, don't really have much to suggest to improve.

The biggest letdown for me this season is the atmosphere around the league. The tone had been different and there is way too much "noise" going on. I mean to have fun is one thing, acting like kids craving for attention constantly is another, and sadly there had been quite a lot of the latter this season. That's a shame IMO and it doesn't fit with the AOR "spirit" that I've enjoyed in other leagues here on AOR for the past couple of years.

My 2 cents.
Absolutely agree with this, I think the rules should also be enforced in practice as this is where the most shenanigans happen and it ruins the flair of the league, imo, as Lindholdt says.

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
Drive trought after 10x problem: you can catch 4x eaven if there is no your mistake
Drive trought after 10x benifits: puple finaly use after race incident report