Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
GTE_Banner__Season_9.png

AOR iRacing GTE League | Season 9 | Round 3
Daytona International Speedway |Road Course
R3 Daytona.png

The red mark indicates the start of the no overtaking zone in qualifying.

Date: 20/01/2020

In-sim Time/Date settings:

Date: 20/01/2020
Practice will begin at: 0600
Qualifying will begin at: 0715
Race will start at: 0800
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
18:15 GMT - Practice 1 hour 15 minutes
19:30 GMT - 25 minutes open class qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Qualifying Groups:
QualyFormatv2.png

Outstanding penalties:
@Latsero - Pit Lane Stop Penalty - served
@Rin Hato - Pit Lane Stop Penalty - served
@krop - Pit Lane Stop Penalty - served
@Lanmanify - Pit Lane Stop Penalty - served
@CianF1 - Drive-Through Penalty - served
@Latsero - Drive-Through Penalty - served

Absences:

@Sgarky
@FisiFan91
@Hamish
@Izzizo

Reserves Racing:
@Rubiks694
@Justin || Taz
@AndyG
@Paulo Martins

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeself

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Daytona with qualifying point.png

*The yellow highlighted area (The start finish area, turns 7 and 12) is marked in sim by the yellow line at the bottom of the banking/inside line of the oval. Whilst in the yellow area, you should not be overtaking cars or taking it as a natural racing line or at race speed. The only time you should be over that yellow line is if you are recovering from an incident. If you have an incident that has caused you to miss the banking, or not enter the banking at the start of the corner, only then can you take the inside line as rejoining onto the banking mid-corner could be dangerous for you and other participants. To clarify, you should not be on the inside of the yellow line at any point unless specified, not the race, not qualifying, not to overtake.

*The green highlighted areas permit the only time you are able to cross the yellow lines, this is simply to take the natural racing line.

*The purple highlighted area is the part of the circuit where you are permitted to cross the yellow line only to enter the pit-lane. This should not be done to overtake someone. If you are pitting, make your intention clear.

n0body_

2 Time AOR iRacing GTE Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
Are the weight changes iRacing added for the 24 being implemented or no?

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Ford drivers will be racing themselves if what they say is true, Ford being the slowest :(

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Ford drivers will be racing themselves if what they say is true, Ford being the slowest :(
Do you mean the slowest again? Note for season 10 suggestions: a separate Ford championship

Reactions: Pretender

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
VRS: BMW: 1:40:06, Ferrari: 1:40:28, Porsche: 1:40:21, Ford: 1:39:75.

• Surprised
Reactions: Argon

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Only logical conclusion is that VRS is lying

n0body_

2 Time AOR iRacing GTE Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
The other 3 are driven by the same person, Ford has a different driver so there's no point comparing the laptimes

Reactions: mancSLO

VSR_Neptune

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 9, 2018
So basically the rule is don't come off the oval onto the apron?

Also what BoP has been in place this season? I didn't know there was one?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Fords have been a bit quicker around Daytona then Ferraris, based on some practice on the weekend. I guess the 24h and this race will confirm it.

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
I think the fuel tanks are bigger than usual for the IMSA races this week. Will ours be 55% like normal?

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
I think the fuel tanks are bigger than usual for the IMSA races this week. Will ours be 55% like normal?
I liked the way it was at the Nuerburgring - I did not pay any attention to fuel saving until 5 laps before my first Pit stop. Was starting to fuel save in the second half of the race and was short just a view liter to avoid a second stop. And messed everything up by taking tires at the second stop.

But next time I would be better prepared by knowing my fuel consumption, do some practice how to fuel save start w/o missing my line and might have a strategy option to compensate my lack of pace. ;-)

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
@Argon / @Marvin should I have been added to the reserves group chat by now? As far as I'm aware I've been confirmed as a reserve but still not in a group chat for Daytona next week?

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
@Argon / @Marvin should I have been added to the reserves group chat by now? As far as I'm aware I've been confirmed as a reserve but still not in a group chat for Daytona next week?
We make a chat for every round separately, but there haven't been any absences yet, so no chat yet.

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
We make a chat for every round separately, but there haven't been any absences yet, so no chat yet.
Ahh okay, I knew a chat got made for each round but I would've thought the chat was made even before listed absences as the chat would most likely get used on the Monday anyway for first come first served. Different people do it different ways, no worries :)