Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
GTE_Banner__Season_9.png

AOR iRacing GTE League | Season 9 | Round 9
Road Atlanta | Full Course
R9 Road Atlanta.png

The red mark indicates the start of the no overtaking zone in qualifying.

Date: 02/03/2020

In-sim Time/Date settings:

Date: 02/03/2020
Practice will begin at: 1200
Qualifying will begin at: 1315
Race will start at: 1400
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
18:15 GMT - Practice 1 hour 15 minutes
19:30 GMT - 25 minutes open class qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Qualifying Groups:
QualyFormatv2.png

Skin Pack: Here

Outstanding penalties:
@Jezza - Pit Lane Start
@VSR_Neptune - Drive Through Penalty

Absences:
@Hamish
@burnoutforzai
@runasc26
@Nilton
@EL_Sonny
@Gibson
@MartinG1337
@mikeself
@Jezza

Reserves Racing:
@RiotOfRock
@Docre
@Streaky09
@Daniele Mammano
@Dandy

Last edited:

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Based on observations from the last few rounds, there are a few things the Coordinator team would like to address, namely queuing during qualifying and practice behavior.

Queuing
While queuing you are to do so single file. We have observed for multiple weeks now that some drivers don’t seem to understand how queuing works, or perhaps they have a different idea of what it means. The only drivers who are allowed to queue outside of the single file line are those that find themselves alongside an already formed queue. You are to keep your position alongside, as if merging, and hopefully a nice driver lets you into the queue. If you want to be at the front, click the button earlier. Now, if you are in a queue, you are expected to pull away when the timer indicates the start of your time slot if you are at the front, or follow the car ahead of you out as it pulls away. No leaving gaps in the pit-lane, don’t crawl forward slowly. If you want to leave space or get past someone, do it on track. This does mean that if someone fails to pull away within a reasonable amount of time, and they don't respond to in-sim voice or chat, you are allowed to pass them.

Edit: to clarify, you can not queue more than 1 minute before your timeslot starts, as per the table. Thanks for bringing it up @JuniorJH.

Practice Etiquette
Even though we have handed out multiple warnings on the forums, as well as in-sim, some people still don’t seem to understand that they are expected to behave in a respectful manner during practice. After catching a few glimpses of this kind of behavior during practice myself, I went through the replay of round 8 and found close to 30 incidents that shouldn’t happen during any kind of racing session. Now these ranged from quite severe to minor inconveniences, but it shows a pattern. Here’s a selection of what I found:
  • Intentionally crashing the car after making a mistake or a minor collision.
  • Deliberately hitting or even turning into a spun out or otherwise stationary car.
  • Entering corners full throttle with no intention of making them, smashing into the exterior wall. Either after an off-track or minor collision, or sometimes for no reason whatsoever.
  • Letting a car by, only to pretend to try to hit them and subsequent retaliation.
  • Cutting parts of the track like the bus stop and the entire boot, at part and full throttle.
  • Turning into the wall when driver realizes collision is unavoidable.
This is just a sample of what went on Monday. This regularly caused a car to end up stationary and/or immobile on the track or even the racing line. The people who did this know who they are, and this is your final warning. We didn’t think we would have to start policing like this, but this is what it has come to. If you keep this behavior up, it will result in penalties, practice bans, or even removal from the league (and future seasons).

This is actually not just something that us Coordinators want. We’ve heard these concerns being brought up throughout the season, in public and in private. We all want a safe and fun racing environment for everyone during all sessions of the race day, I would like to think so at least, but that means things have to change.

Last edited:

Streaky09

Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2020
is it allowed to put up practice sessions for the league if so i might put one up tonight and or tomorrow if people are interested

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
is it allowed to put up practice sessions for the league if so i might put one up tonight and or tomorrow if people are interested
Yes, of course! I would indeed recommend seeing who and when people might be interested to join.

• Happy
Reactions: Streaky09

Streaky09

Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2020
set a practice session tomorrow @ 17.00 GMT password is aorw9 for anybody thats want join and have some decent laps ;)

Gibson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2018
Hi !
Sorry I won't be able to be here tonight.

Thanks see you next season

• Informative
Reactions: Argon

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
Hey guys, Sorry I'm late to tell you that I can't participate in today's race as I will not be home at that time. Thanx you all for a season.

• Informative
  • Sad
Reactions: Argon and Ranno

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
i know its late notice but i've actually got home on time and can race (if the grid isnt full)

• Surprised
Reactions: SMEAJ

Michael_E

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2019
Unfortunately I will sadly not be able to participate in tonight’s race due to illness.

I would just like to wish everyone good luck for the last race of the season and especially good luck to all battling to win their respective championship.

See you next season.

Reactions: Marvin

Boniface-8

AOR iRacing GTE S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2017
Just wanted to say a thank you to all the other AM drivers this season for pushing me to always try and improve this season knowing i would always have to be at my absolute best to get a good result.
Hope to race you all again next season but am unsure of me entering yet