AOR iRacing GTE | R1 | Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE | R1 | Spa-Francorchamps

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

n0body_

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 19, 2017
Are you sure this is not the intended behavior and the fan is only turned on when the motor temperature does require cooling? I would suggest that you ask Fanatec support that - you might get a response in time for the race.
I have, there's already an RMA open for a different problem funnily enough, but because support doesn't work weekends I wont hear anything back until Monday.
I have a Fanatec wheel and I think the fan only starts a few minutes after beginning racing, when it gets warm. But with the headset I usually don't hear it, so didn't check how much the fans are working when playing.
And I know the fan isnt working because I drive for 10mins, bottom right corner and top right (Next to the intake vent) are blazing hot and everything smells like toasted electrics. I haven't used it since then.

michO_e

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
I have, there's already an RMA open for a different problem funnily enough, but because support doesn't work weekends I wont hear anything back until Monday.

And I know the fan isnt working because I drive for 10mins, bottom right corner and top right (Next to the intake vent) are blazing hot and everything smells like toasted electrics. I haven't used it since then.
just continue racing until its completely broken, so they have to send a new one!
weSmart

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Still waiting on the following people to join the league:
Sorry, I thought someone mentioned it was the same league as last season so I thought I don't need to apply again.
I applied again.

AlexOki

Junior Karter
Jun 4, 2019
Hi Stevie
Not sure what you mean by joining the league, apologies for my stupid question/s. Where do I need to sign up to the league? Are you talking about the discord server?

n0body_

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 19, 2017
Right. This is going to be insane. I got annoyed at my wheel again after work this morning, so I took the case off and poked about inside. The fan still worked when power was recieved, but for some reason it decided it wouldn't when it needed to. So I unplugged the connector, reseated it (And also attached the base LED lights cable that was hanging loose), and gave it another go. I **** you not I have been using it all day and everything has been working fine. Doing this somehow even solved the issue I was having where I would try to update the drivers and everything would crash. I am completely dumbfounded by all this.

Unless something catastrophic happens you can remove me from the absence list @Stevie

Last edited:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Please make sure you're all familiar with the new class qualifying system

Remember the car number you picked will have either 1, 2 or 3 in front of it, so 307 for example, if your number was 07.

This corresponds to the class you're in.

1 = Pro
2 = Pro/Am
3 = Am

This tells you what group you should be going out in.

Class Qualifying
For season 7, we're trying a different qualifying system.

Going forward qualifying will be a 25 minute affair. Split into 3, 8 minute segments. One 8 minute segment will be for the Pros, one for the Pro/Ams,, and another for the Ams. This ensures all drivers get a fair amount of time on track and all cars should get a clear lap without traffic.

Week 1:
From minutes 2-9 Pro drivers qualify
From minutes 9-17 Pro/Am drivers qualify
From minutes 17-25 Am drivers qualify

Week 2:
From minutes 2-9 Pro/Am drivers qualify
From minutes 9-17 Am drivers qualify
From minutes 17-25 Pro Drivers qualify

Week 3:
From minutes 2-9: Am drivers qualify
From minutes 9-17: Pro drivers qualify
From minutes 17-25: Pro/Am drivers qualify

This continues on meaning every group will be in each position 4 times.

There are images below to explain this more clearly. The groups for each week will be shown in the race threads.

Reserves:
For reserves, we'll assign them a group until they're placed in a class based off their iRating.

Pro: Over 3500
Pro/Am: Between 2000 - 3500
Am: Less than 2000

● For the first minute of qualifying, all drivers must remain in the pit-lane. The first group however they can queue up at the end of the pit-lane, but not inside each other, if they wish to queue, then they must do so like this like shown to the right. View attachment 81279

● Drivers can only move to the end of the pit-lane within the preceding minute to their group to get track position.

● The track map will be marked to show where there is to be no overtaking from this point on for track position.

● Drivers may finish a lap if they started it in their allocated timing, but once the lap is completed they must immediately return to the pit-lane by holding escape, not driving in for an in-lap. Groups 2/3 should be on their out-laps whilst the previous groups might be starting their fast laps. This means the next group MUST give way and be way off the racing line while the previous group are completing their final laps.

● Drivers can attempt as many laps as they like in their group slot. However be aware you only have a limited amount of time to get your laps in.

● There are to be no shenanigans in the pit-lane such as donuts, reversing up and down, driving inside other cars.

● Any track and weather changes therefore will affect the group relevant to you. Sometimes your group will benefit, other times you will lose out.

Here is a minute by minute breakdown of how qualifying works. One of the following images will be posted in the race thread for all to see:

View attachment 82325 View attachment 82326 View attachment 82327

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
I'm going to be absent tonight, got math exam Wednesday :///.. Sorry guys, have a good one :) < 3

• Informative
Reactions: Marvin

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
@Callum McFall 2000 If you check the conversation for reserve drivers, you'll see that @Coombey97 has the next spot because the driver he was supposed to replace can actually race.
So my guess is that he will replace Asger8907.