AOR iRacing GTE | R1 | Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE | R1 | Spa-Francorchamps

PageDan

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2019
I have a penalty to serve from last season

Can I just confirm that it is "Pit Lane Stop Penalty" I'm 99% sure it was but just wanted to double check

Don't want the stewards to hunt me down lol

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
L will I need to reply again if say another spot came up?
You have to wait until @Stevie posts in the private reserve conversation. Then you can reply to that message.

Can I just confirm that it is "Pit Lane Stop Penalty" I'm 99% sure it was but just wanted to double check

Correct, a pit lane stop penalty:

Pit Lane Stop Penalty:
If you are handed a Pit lane stop penalty, then when you serve your pit stop. At some point during the pit lane, you must reach the pit lane speed limit, bring your car to a complete stop, then you can set off again.

It is up to the driver to decide where they serve their penalty in the pit lane, but we request it is not done in line with the pit stops as to not distract other drivers. This is also to not mess up any driver who is at either extreme end of the pit lane.

These penalties will be checked. It is on the driver to ensure their car stops. We will check based off the iRacing HUD speedo and physically watching the car. If either of these show you have not stopped the car, then you have not served your penalty. You are advised to save your race replay in-case you do not show up in the replays for the coordinators.

If you are out of the race before serving your Pit Lane Stop Penalty, then it will be served at the next event. If you are unsure of this or have questions, it is your responsibility to ask a coordinator before the race session.

If you're on pole for example and your pit stop is at the very end of the line. Once you pass the yellow cones, on the speed limit, you must stop your car. Bring it to 0. Once you've done this, you can set off again, back up the speed limit and complete your stop as normal.

Reactions: Walter---79

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017

Appologize for having provided misleading wrong information.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Marvin

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Got the wrong thread merlin :)

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
@Marvin How about people who got a penalty late last season, but havent served it because they did not participate in the last rounds of the season. Will they have to serve their penalties in this round?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Marvin How about people who got a penalty late last season, but havent served it because they did not participate in the last rounds of the season. Will they have to serve their penalties in this round?
Yes, and as I understand it:

@jeremyh#82 has a qualifying ban to serve
@Reguii has a pit-lane start to serve
@PageDan has a pit-lane stop penalty to serve

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Why do people just HAVE to take stupid risk in the first lap of the race? It ONE hour an twenty minutes! Relax! You will get you chance to overtake...
That's a lot of hours of practice down the drain...

Coombey97

Formula Karter
Mar 10, 2019
My first DQ and hopefully my last. Kept getting off tracks in places that I never have before. Probably my weakest track of the season out of the way so I look forward to the rest of the season.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
at least three guys of AM class queued up too early for qualifying. There is no replay for this, so I can't protest it. Will the officials look at it?

D.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
What a shambles!...from leading the AM class with 20min to go..then clipping the wall at turn1 and sustaining suspension damage to then crashing out at blanchimont..rear just left me and that was that DSQ...sorry to the PRo driver who just missed that crash..

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
at least three guys of AM class queued up too early for qualifying. There is no replay for this, so I can't protest it. Will the officials look at it?

D.
That was me, if you watch my stream i say out loud..its 47/48 as per the schedule so i made my way down to the end of the pit and waited.

Reactions: washy03