AOR iRacing GTE | R2 | Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE | R2 | Watkins Glen

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

AOR iRacing GTE League | Season 7 | Round 2
Watkins Glen | Boot

Watkins Boot with qualifying point.png

The red mark indicates the start of the no overtaking zone in qualifying.

Date: 24/06/2019

In-sim Time/Date settings:

Date: 24/06/2019
Practice will begin at: 1400
Qualifying will begin at: 1515
Race will start at: 1600
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
18:15 GMT +1 - Practice 1 hour 15 minutes
19:30 GMT +1 - 25 minutes open class qualifying
19:57 GMT +1 - Race 1h 20 minutes

Qualifying Groups:

2 ProAm - Am - Pro.png

Absences:
  1. @Dandy
  2. @Zonerouge12
  3. @3xTreme
  4. @FisiFan91

Reserves Racing:
  1. @Pitti
  2. @fabrico
  3. @Boniface-8
  4. @Justin || Taz

Last edited:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
A couple of notes:

- Group Qualifying
You can't rely on me to let you know when each group is available to go. I'm supposed to be doing the broadcast and it's quite difficult to specifically time a message whilst trying to talk.

- Overtaking Point
The track map will be marked to show where there is to be no overtaking from this point on for track position.
The map has a red mark on it, here for example it is before turn 8. Any overtaking on the qualifying out lap must be done before turn 8.

- Headlight flashing
Headlights:
As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to pass the driver being lapped, and should let the lapping car pass at the next safe available opportunity.
Any other reason to flash the lights is deemed invalid.
I saw a lot of lights flashing last night. It needs to stop.

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Will be at n24 and wont make it back home in time for this round.

• Sad
Reactions: Hamish

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

are there any thoughts after round one about the new fuel cap? In my opinion it prevents tactical options because of the very tight fuel window.

Can we have the 100% fuel back?

D.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Hi,

are there any thoughts after round one about the new fuel cap? In my opinion it prevents tactical options because of the very tight fuel window.

Can we have the 100% fuel back?

D.
With it at 75%, my tank is 73.5L and I added 58L a few minutes after halfway through the race. The fuel cap restriction is a good idea IMO but at the moment it's too aggressive.

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
I personally think that we should take the reserves race just as serious as League race.
You have been pracicing the whole week because there is a chance you may join the League race.
If you are not available for the Reserves race you are also not available for the League race which increases the chance for people who can.
So i think that everybody needs to inform the community if they are Not able to race the reserves race.
This way people who are reserve number #20 at least now what they are practicing for if the rng gods are not in their favour.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
With it at 75%, my tank is 73.5L and I added 58L a few minutes after halfway through the race. The fuel cap restriction is a good idea IMO but at the moment it's too aggressive.
I would make the fuel cap even more aggressive that we can't drive maximum engine map all the time and will have to fuel safe sometimes during he race to avoid a second pit stop for a splash and dash. The current fuel cap is an interesting approach but just shifted the point of time when drivers are going into he pits to earlier race. Thus till not a lot of strategic options.

Last edited:

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
I would make the fuel cap even more aggressive that we can't drive maximum engine map all the time and will have to fuel safe sometimes during he race to avoid a second pit stop for a splash and dash.
Engine maps are pointless on iRacing. Lower mappings will make you slower but the amount of fuel saved is located somewhere between minimal and non-existent.

• Funny
Reactions: Nagrom

Coombey97

Pro Karter
Mar 10, 2019
I would make the fuel cap even more aggressive that we can't drive maximum engine map all the time and will have to fuel safe sometimes during he race to avoid a second pit stop for a splash and dash. The current fuel cap is an interesting approach but just shifted the point of time when drivers are going into he pits to earlier race. Thus till not a lot of strategic options.
I personally think that making it so that we have to fuel save to avoid two stops would take away from the racing. We'll all be too busy trying to manage fuel to avoid it rather than focusing on the racing. That's just my opinion though, I respect others may not think the same.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Engine maps are pointless on iRacing. Lower mappings will make you slower but the amount of fuel saved is located somewhere between minimal and non-existent.
Only thing that makes a difference to the fuel consumption is throttle position and that is it

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
It's very quiet in here, who is dead from the 6hrs?