AOR iRacing GTE | R6 | Philip Island | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE | R6 | Philip Island

PageDan

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2019
Lucky we got lots of reservers to fill in the gaps...

In a strange way I'm looking forward to this just for the unknown.
I'm going to do some practice laps in bit but hopefully will get on early for the league session

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
My Mrs has informed me I’m taking everyone out for a meal as it’s my daughters birthday! Sorry for the late notice.

• Informative
Reactions: Argon

Reguii

Pro Karter
Mar 8, 2019
Hi Stevie,
I cannot make the race tonight.
There is a very hot weather in South of France, 40°C at the moment near of Toulouse where I'm living and without air conditioning in my house it's already too hot to make the race, I have around 29-30°C in my simracing room.
I will let my spot to a reserve driver and comeback on next week.

Sorry to inform only now but I was wating in any case it was possible to make it.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry guys will not be able to race - fell ill today. Need to get some sleep to avoid being sick when we will go on vacation.

• Informative
Reactions: Argon

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Because the beta is dumb, a new session has had to be set up, the broken session will be advanced and ruined, so the new session will start at 18:15 GMT+1

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
damn, not my race. Did so much practice this week :cry:

I decided not to qualify and started from pits. From the back end I made my way through the field, before the first stop I was in reach of the top 20.

While turning into pit entry I noticed that my JRT refuel-button fails. That confused me so that I didn't know how to manually refuel, it took an eternity until my car was refueled.

A few laps later someone spins out between T9 and T10, I had to avoid him so I lost my line and spun myself. At the end I stand 90° in the middle of the apex of T10. In the rush I forgot the golden rule "DONT MOVE" and tried to escape to the inside. Sadly another one tried to avoid me over the grass and hit me. I'm very sorry for this, clearly my fault.

A a result of this my headlights were damaged so there was no way to find the way into pits and I ended the race.

I hope for a better one next week, cu all,
D.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Probably shouldn’t have raced! Still feel groggy from last week and didn’t really practice, had 3 massive lock ups that killed my tyres and couldn’t concentrate so got dsq but I managed not to kill any one In the process :cool:

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
DSQ with 2 laps to go, was trying to keep right to let one of the top 5 go past but i clipped the grass and that was that.

PageDan

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2019
Brilliant race, i made far too many mistakes as normal.
Not making excuses by i think the spring in my downshifter has had it

but hey looking forward to next week

Coombey97

Formula Karter
Mar 10, 2019
Well what can I say, probably my proudest moment in 9 years of league racing. Was really struggling in practice but finally learned how to stay on the track when it mattered. Enjoyed racing with people who I don't normally race with. Thanks everyone for an extremely fun race :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Thanks everyone who raced and @King-kodiak and @Stevie for commenting on it. This was absolutely world class entertainment

ivo_costa

Pro Karter
May 16, 2019
it was a great race, didn't do too much practice cause was focused on 24h Spa
but in today's practice session i started to get in the rhythm

• Winner
Reactions: N1kmido

Dan_Suzuki

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
****. I'm so sorry @Dan_Suzuki . Literally worst race ever. Gutted. :(
Don't worry mate, **** happens!

I drove my first laps on this track yesterday, Impression after 5 laps: wtf is this. Impression after 10 laps: What an awesome track. Some nice flow on there :) Unfortunately I couldn't avoid Matthew when he spun in front of me which gave me a meatball. I'd love to race this track in the future again though, don't understand why it seems so unpopular.

Also sorry to @santsuke99 - looks like I netcode punted you. On my side I was still like 0,5m away from your car but apparently iRacing decided that's not far enough, didn't even get a 0x but yeah, unlucky.

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
i was really surprise by all the drivers mistakes during this race that was more a lottery than it could be on Nords but always fun to race with you all, i watched the streamlive to see what happened and i was like wtf cars spining at the same place same mistakes in Turn 2/9 for most of us. i still don't like this track with "big cars" but i really enjoyed the fuel cap with 2 stops strategie kind of sprint/fuelsaving at the same time.

Congrats Ivo on the win.

Reactions: ivo_costa

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
i was really surprise by all the drivers mistakes during this race
You can include yourself in it, because you span in turn 3 (right hairpin), and while trying to avoid you I got hit and sent into the grass :ROFLMAO:.
Then I got hit by netcode when trying to overtake Alex.
Then I span by myself trying to gain back the time lost.
Then I went off the track trying to overtake a lapped car.
Then I noticed too late that I had to save fuel to avoid a 3rd pit stop.
And also after my 1st pit stop, I unchecked tyre change, but I did it while still in the pitlane... So it must have enabled tyre change automatically when I went out, so I got new tyres after my 2nd pit stop....

Frustrating race for me as I had a good pace compared to other Pro/Am, but got 2 unlucky spins, and then I did too much mistakes....

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
yeah i should precise that i've made aswell few mistakes Turn 2 Turn 3 another one trying to avoid mister dreschler Turn 9 , turn 9 alone missing braking point went hit the wall luckly no damages o_O