AOR iRacing Leagues - Broadcast Donation Drive

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Hey folks,

For Season 5 of the iRacing GTE League, and Seasons 1 of the Formula 3 and Formula Renault 3.5 leagues, Apex Online Racing were proud to finally be able to bring iRacing broadcasting in house after many seasons of taking out external production.

We're hoping to be bringing this to you again for the upcoming following leagues:
● AOR iRacing GTE League Season 6
● AOR iRacing Formula 3 Championship Season 2
● AOR iRacing Endurance Championship Season 1

The money we can generate will cover the cost for the tracks we need to buy, and what makes it all work, people power.

The Team
We've got some brilliant commentators and some new faces. @King-kodiak is a legend in his own right. I'm not sure there is any AOR Production he hasn't been involved in. As Head Commentator for AOR, he's got the lot. He's covered the Hype Energy F1 Leagues, the Official Project Cars 2 AOR GT3 Leagues, Rocket League tournaments and last season, he took like a duck to water as he made his long wanted appearance covering iRacing leagues for AOR.

@Jess will be making her debut on iRacing commentary, taking charge of the highly anticipated inaugural season of the AOR iRacing Endurance Championship! A bit like the aforementioned @King-kodiak, Jess has covered everything from the Hype Energy F1 leagues, RX leagues as well as the Official Project Cars 2 AOR GT3 Leagues. She's a big fan of endurance so we can't wait to see how she handles our new championship.

A new face on the block and jumping in at the deep-end, @Faerge will be hopping in as a new co-commentator for not one, but two of our iRacing leagues! He'll be replacing yours truly on Friday nights, sitting alongside @King-kodiak for the Formula 3 Championship. He'll also be joining @Jess for the Endurance championship. He's very keen and eager to get underway so we can't wait to see what he brings!

I'll be around still, sharing the booth with @King-kodiak on the GTE League. We work well together and we bounce off each well and from feedback received, it's an enjoyable partnership to listen to. I've co-commentated a few times before on the Official Project Cars 2 AOR GT3 Leagues, but recently focused far more on the iRacing GTE League.

Finally, we have a fantastic overlay builder in @Niclas Domino who is putting a considerable amount of effort into keeping these things updated. He's responsible for updating the overlay, putting the skin packs together which makes the broadcasts look so much better and he's always looking at ways to improve the show and find fun new features to show off.

To confirm then, this is the planned coverage for the next 12 weeks:

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 6
Starting from 18.03.2019, Monday nights with @King-kodiak and @Stevie from 19:35 GMT.

AOR iRacing Formula 3 Championship Season 2
Starting from 15.03.2019, Friday nights with @King-kodiak and @Faerge from 20:30 GMT.

AOR iRacing Endurance Championship Season 1
Starting from 16.03.2019, Every other Saturday evening with @Jess and @Faerge from 18:15 GMT.

All broadcasts will be on the official Apex Online Racing YouTube channel. All donations are hugely appreciated and we'll be sure to put on a good a show as possible!

Click the link here to donate!

Thanks muchly everyone!

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
I'm going to bump this because it needs the attention.

£270 may sound like a lot. But between the three leagues? That's £90 a league.
Which equates to £7.50 a week for the GTE and F3 leagues, which is really not a lot.
For the Endurance league, it's £15 a night, but on the flip side, they are far longer broadcasts so it's understandable.

I cannot stress how much cheaper doing it in house is compared to getting an external company in. We're not at liberty to say specifically how much it would be but you can expect another £500 on top of our current target at least.

Consider that previous targets when FR2.0 was covered by an outside company, they wanted £550 A SEASON, for one league. We now have three.

Massive appreciation to anybody who has donated already, but we definitely need to make more progress toward our target for us to be able to bring the broadcasts to you. We try desperately to keep our leagues entry-fee free, and instead rely on the goodness of the community.

If you can donate, that would be very much appreciated.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm happy to say that the donation target has now been reached for the coming season, which means all three AOR leagues will be getting their races broadcasted!

Huge shoutout to everyone who chipped in to make this happen:
@VEC_orks95 @Lindholdt @Dandy @Pretender @djawadkaroni @CarbonUK @Bucefal @Gibson @devoutfire3 @Jardier @boofon @Meireloso @Isir @Marvin @michO_e @N1kmido @Jess @iktpq91 @Asger8907 @Walter---79 @BenOnWheels @RedBarom - plus the 3 of you who chose to donate anonymously!

We really appreciate it a lot, and I'm sure your fellow drivers do too.

Now let's put on a show with some close and clean racing this season! :)