AOR iRacing Multiclass - Votes and updates. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing Multiclass - Votes and updates.

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Information about the ideas
In this thread I will present some different ideas that have been wrote on, and what might be fun to do in the future. But first I want to say that for all of this to work, we need some who want to take control of it all as day to day cordinators. We in the team ofc want to help were we can, but I can’t be controlling more than my ATVO and Skins, as it is a big project. I don’t know a bot the others but controlling more the one league is a big task, so I don’t want to pin this on them, they cant talk for them self.
@The Genius have already made his interest in beeing a cordinator on this, but he needs help
Why multiclass? And when will it need to be?
In AOR we are missing a league, I have long wanted to have a multiclass league, and for a moment we had one The Endurance league. This didn’t work, but not do to the cars, but to the Team aspect and the 3H races.

The Le Mans Serise will be on Thursdays.
18:15 GMT
Practice session 60 Min
19:15 GMT
Qualifying session 30 Min
19:45 GMT
Race session 90 Min
The races will be every other week. And it will be a 6 Race season.

Multiclass idea #1
Cars:
LMP1
LMP2
GTE PRO and AM
Why this?
In this version, the drivers who want to drive other cars then GTs can do so, but we also keep the option to not drive the rockets of LMP1. The LMP2 car is a fun car, that is higgling underrated. With this the GTE field will be smaller than the GTE standalone series. Data from that series will be used to split the GTE class op into two.
For any class to be used there will need to be 8 Drivers in that class.

Multiclass idea #2
Cars:
LMP1 PRO and AM
GTE PRO and AM

Why this?
In this version. We are going to split the LMP1 class as well into two, as well with the GTE class. Data from the GTE series that series will be used to split the GTE class op into two.

Multiclass idea #3
Cars:
Daytona Prototype
GT3 (Audi, Mercedes, 488)
GT4 (Porsche, (TBA))
Why this?
In this version. We are thinking of just doing something different from all other things. With a GT4 class on the way, this might be something that driver want to try, and just to get something that is not GTE into the day to day driving.
Voting.
Pls lets os hear from you about it, and to show interest.

Use this link: https://forms.gle/DrN6YuSdDzk8egWK6

Last edited:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
In my opinion this is too similiar to the GTE league already running.

I think it would be better if a proper endurance league was ran, of a series of 6hr-12hr races, with LMP1 and GTE. 6 races across 26 weeks (2 iRacing seasons). If the interest is there I think this'd be great fun for 2-3 man teams. I'd be happy to be involved in setting something like this up as it's been an interest of mine for a long time. Creating a big enough grid would be the main challenge, but having come from the M1 Endurance league on rF2 I've been dying for something similar on iRacing.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
We have tryed that, and we just dosent have the community for it, and there are alot of series like that already, and this is what drivers have voted for already

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I’d love a GT3, Porsche Cup, GT4, TCR series, running a distance that can be driven solo, say two hours. Of the ideas presented above, I'd vote for option 3

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeself

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Hmm so with only 15 drivers showing interest this, and with 40% saying they Maybe will, some changes might be needed to get this done.
I will keep on working on this. The votes have shown the drivers want something new and not LMP1 and GTE. I agree with that.

Option 3 was in favor for most drivers, and this @Stephan is the closes i think i can get to you on the cars m8. I hope you will back me in the DP, GT3 and GT4 cars. I dont want 4 classes as we might get a bit thin on cars then. But i might be open for the ide of also adding the TCR.

To the others why we won't do long-distance endurance races:
We have tried it before and we simply don't have the community for it atm. If we want a good amount of cars on the track, in the 40-50 cars and let's just say in the best-case scenario we do 6H races and you need two drivers pr car that is between 80-100 drivers minimum. If one driver can't do the race that will be one car out. This is why this type of league/series is so fragile. To get a strong serise op and running we need for a race for two drivers between 150-180 drivers. We don't have that.

2) a lot of the rice in numbers of the GTE league is that we also provide a free broadcast. I have talked with King about this before, and he can't/won't commit to that amount of broadcasting. As we are doing it all in house now, we won't pay any other broadcasters to do it for os. That is not up for discussion.

3) there are a lot of this type of series out there. I know of at least 4-5 that run the WEC endurance. Also, iRacing has there one 6H races with the same cars.

I know the amount of work that we will need to put into an endurance league, and sorry but that just won't be with AOR for the moment.

So for the moment, this will be put on hold until the GT4 cars are getting released.

Reactions: Stephan

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
maybe we could get more interest if we did this as a joint thing with other racing "communities" or teams

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
the plan is to get the Multiclass up and runing, adn see how manye who will sign up, and then post it on iRacing forum as well. But it will still be the option 3 and 90 or 120 min races :)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
With the planned release of the Cayman next season, maybe it could be an idea for next season of the GTE league to be multiclass with it to see how things will go? As in, same format as current, just with the Cayman added in.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
We don't have any place to chance the cars of the GTE league.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Well Open Wheel League is still on Fridays. I did have my grand plan of Multiclass with Daytona Prototype, GT3, and GT4. But do to school i can't commit to all the work.

I know that @Stephan have a "VLN" Type Multiclass idea, and If he is still up for it, he schued go for it.

But the only time gap we have open atm is Thursday evening.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
There won't be open wheel next season, unless plans have changed that I didn't know about.