PS4 AOR LMP2 TEC - Season 1 - Round 8 (Finale) - Sakitto - 23/7/17 - 6:45pm BST (GMT+1)

Discussion in 'AOR LMP2 TEC - Season 1' started by YabbaTheHutt, Jul 10, 2017.

1. YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt Moderator Staff Member Moderator PCARS Coordinator F1 Coordinator Premium Member

20%
    I can't help you with any settings as I don't use a pad. I have, however, seen some interviews with Slightly Mad Studios saying that they have improved using the pad greatly on PCars 2. For the first one they admit that they totally missed how many players that use a pad and that they have corrected that for the new game. So it might be worth concidering getting the game ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. C-FOGARTY

C-FOGARTY AOR PS4 DTM Pro Champion PCARS Coordinator Premium Member

29%
    Agreed with Yabba. Such a shame you miss the final round. Loved having you on board with LMP2-TEC. Be seeing you soon then . Months away for me before I'm sorted out .;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. C-FOGARTY

29%
    I presume most of you guys, will be considering ProjectCARS 2.0. @Yorkie065 has been posting some amazing official footage from SMS.
    I mentioned the Ligier Judd P20 for our next venture into Endurance Racing.
    Well guys, here it is in all its glory.! ;) The New corner Cut Penalty system is in place in this Video . ;) Now we will see how fast the cheaters really are ! (y) or supposedly questionable quick drivers cope with this.:rofl::rofl: Awsome Introduction to P. CARS 2.0 ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  4. C-FOGARTY

29%
    Or play the game properly and feel the Imersion this time round for a more real experience with your racing. A lot of Improvements this time round with P.CARS 2 . Those that don't use a wheel, Should be definitely be considering one by Now. !
    (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NumptyNed

NumptyNed Formula 4 1st Driver

96%
    :cry: Its been good racing with you, hope to battle with you again one day (y)

@YabbaTheHutt @C-FOGARTY do we have a reserve still?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. C-FOGARTY

29%
    We Have @NEILY84 but he has failed to respond to race threads and messages sent to him recently . I Presume he has left AOR.
    Apart from that, we don't and won't be having any reserves for the Finale at Sakitto GP.
    We will have to make do with what we already got I'm afraid. .

7. YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt Moderator Staff Member Moderator PCARS Coordinator F1 Coordinator Premium Member

20%
    @NEILY84 was online 10 days ago, might be on a holiday trip or something. One other driver we can ask is @Marcos Moutinho as he was a reserve for Dubai. And I can check with @Rib Ivey as he showed interest in doing RA. Besides those guys I don't have any other that can be reserves.

• Like Like x 1
  8. C-FOGARTY

29%
    @NEILY84 has been on PSN alot recently! ;) This last few weeks. So he definitely not been away on Holidays or owt. :banghead:
    Yes Yabba I would prefer @Marcos Moutinho to step in as he has raced previously with us. But hey I will leave it to you M8;)(y):)

• Like Like x 1
  9. YabbaTheHutt

20%
    Well, @Marcos Moutinho haven't been in the forum since the 24 June... Will contact them on PSN and see what they say (y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marcos Moutinho

Marcos Moutinho Formula Karter

0%
    Olá, pessoal, eu vou pra mim

• Like Like x 1
  11. YabbaTheHutt

20%
    I take that as you are in?

12. Marcos Moutinho

Marcos Moutinho Formula Karter

0%
    Yes m8 iam on

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. pcsolima

pcsolima Formula 4 Reserve Driver

10%
    Can someone please change the weather :)?

Sakito in the rain is a nightmare! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. C-FOGARTY

29%
    Yes the weather is seasonally poor this time of year in Japan.
    We have been ever so lucky with weather so far with our races. 7-Dry! :woot:
    Me and @YabbaTheHutt have discussed this already. We feel it will be too extreme for 2Hrs of T-Storms.
    T-Storms are normally intermittent. So if stays wet and T-Storms are around on the day of the race, when I set the weather . We will probably use it for 1 of the 4 weather settings we have available for the Race.
    We will have more of an Idea on Race day, When I start to look in at the Hourly Forecast we are using for Live Weather for our races.
    I wouldn't be to over concerned though.
    As it's the same for all of us.
    Very tricky though ! Agreed !and visability is a major issue for Cockpit users in car, as I've found out in practice. ;);):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. pcsolima

pcsolima Formula 4 Reserve Driver

10%
    Nevertheless I was jus teasing... :) We are real race drivers; so if it's going to rain for 2hrs, we race in the rain for 2hrs :D

My biggest problem right know are rain tire temperatures. They go "red" very fast...

• Like Like x 2
  16. YabbaTheHutt

20%
    I agree on that! Did a test now and my tyres are up to 120C after 3-4 laps with 8% wear per lap. Tried intermediates and they held up better but they too get hot. They are about 1 second slower though... Also did a test in thunderstorm condition and the tyres was in much better temperature. The dry tyres get hot too, but it's mostly front right. Wet tyres and inters is getting hot on all 4 tyres o_O More testing is needed...

@Marcos Moutinho
    I saw your message on PSN but I've already done my practise for today. Maybe tomorrow :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. YabbaTheHutt

20%
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Stephan

Stephan Formula 3 Test Driver Premium Member

60%
    @Marcos Moutinho have an awesome race :)

I had also wet tire temp issues when testing for a (at the time suspected) wet race. Didn't fully get it under control, but made progress by not only adjusting tire pressures but also the suspension, sway bars and diffs.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  19. andy_m

andy_m Formula 3 Test Driver Premium Member

60%
    Sounds like too much hard work to me.

But I have committed to take part in this last race, so I should be there, regardless.

I'll probably run with the same set-up I have been using since Monza and limp round on wet tyres when it rains...

20. C-FOGARTY

29%
    Limp around ! Lol. :wideyed: There are setups and videos out there on YouTube and plenty of stuff explaining the simple basics of setting your car up on P.CARS. just turning up to just limp around for 2Hrs is not really the way forward matey. ! We will more than likely be using setups for P.CARS 2 leagues. So probably a good idea you familiarise yourself with the basics of Car setup. So your more prepared when the leagues start up with P.CARS 2.

I spent a lot of time researching and spending time on understanding setups with P.CARS. coz i was pritty useless setting cars up. Sounds like you've give up already. ?
    P.CARS Setup Database
    http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar
    For setups. But understanding setups is YT were there are a heap of easy understanding instructional vids to go through. It's all about prep for League racing with P.CARS. I was 12 months behind everyone with setups etc when I joined AOR. And really threw myself in at the Deepest of Deep ends and wasn't competitive for months because everyone had such a big advantage with setups.. Help is out there if you want it. .

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1