AOR OCEANIA F1 2017 LEAGUES - DISCUSSION THREAD - SEASON 2 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR OCEANIA F1 2017 LEAGUES - DISCUSSION THREAD - SEASON 2

HarryRyan

GP2 1st Driver
Dec 10, 2017
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 2
[PC/XB1/PS4] - Discussion Thread

Photo 30-3-18, 13 41 45.png

This thread can be used for general league discussion by all drivers who have signed up - or want to sign up - to the AOR Oceania [PC/XB1/PS4] F1 2017 Leagues for Season 2.

If you have read the information/rules threads, but still have some questions or concerns, then feel free to raise them here and we will try to answer. This is to keep the sign-up threads clean.

If you haven't yet read the important threads, please do so:

League Information
Race Calendar
Sign-Ups

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hi all, just a fyi I've included drivers from the Oceania leagues in my new overall tier comparisons, however only drivers who don't use assists have been included. (I've got nothing against those who use assists in the Oceania leagues or Assists users in general but this is to have a equal and even playing field)
Anyway here is China's overall qualy comparisons available to view for those who are interested (hopefully with race tomorrow):
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/overall-china-qualy-race-tier-comparisons.32878/

Dubzzy__

S1 AOR PS4 Oceania F1 Champion
Jan 23, 2014
Hi all, just a fyi I've included drivers from the Oceania leagues in my new overall tier comparisons, however only drivers who don't use assists have been included. (I've got nothing against those who use assists in the Oceania leagues or Assists users in general but this is to have a equal and even playing field)
Anyway here is China's overall qualy comparisons available to view for those who are interested (hopefully with race tomorrow):
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/overall-china-qualy-race-tier-comparisons.32878/
imo you shouldnt add PC as its proven to be faster maybe just compare console, also how do you know who is using assists ?

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
imo you shouldnt add PC as its proven to be faster maybe just compare console,
Yeah someone in the first thread I did (Australia comparisons) asked about a potential PC advantage over console and no one had an answer, if what you've said is true then I'd be genuinely interested to read this so any sources please?
Either way I will continue to include all 3 platforms as while this is meant to be primarily informative to everyone its also suppose to be a bit of interesting fun to read.:)
also how do you know who is using assists ?
With knowing who's using assists in Oceania & PC F3, I simply looked at the sign up thread and see which drivers stated they don't use assists.

Reactions: Dubzzy__

Dubzzy__

S1 AOR PS4 Oceania F1 Champion
Jan 23, 2014
Yeah someone in the first thread I did (Australia comparisons) asked about a potential PC advantage over console and no one had an answer, if what you've said is true then I'd be genuinely interested to read this so any sources please?
Either way I will continue to include all 3 platforms as while this is meant to be primarily informative to everyone its also suppose to be a bit of interesting fun to read.:)

With knowing who's using assists in Oceania & PC F3, I simply looked at the sign up thread and see which drivers stated they don't use assists.
do my race times get added? i dont have any performance enhancing ones but i use RL

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
do my race times get added? i dont have any performance enhancing ones but i use RL
No I've not included any RL users or any other assists used, despite this being about trying to give everyone a representative picture of the top tiers its also about making this as even as possible and despite RL not being a car helping assist its still a driver assist.
By doing this with non-assist drivers only, it means its as level a playing field as possible and everyone can know where they stand in pace in reference to each other.

But at the end of the day though there's nothing stopping you looking at the table/ranking and seeing where your times would put you regardless.

crazerlapd

Junior Karter
May 4, 2018
Hi, I'm interested to join AOR Oceania F1 2017 league. However, I cannot find any PC racers. Is AOR Oceania only hosting for PS4/XB?

RoscoArm

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I'm interested to join AOR Oceania F1 2017 league. However, I cannot find any PC racers. Is AOR Oceania only hosting for PS4/XB?
If there were any people that signed up for PC, then there would be one, but none did. A lot of people signed up for Xbox One and PS4

Benny F1

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 3, 2018
Hello, I’m interested in signing up, is this still possible since it’s mid season I’ve never been in a league before and would love to give this a go

RoscoArm

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 11, 2017
Hello, I’m interested in signing up, is this still possible since it’s mid season I’ve never been in a league before and would love to give this a go
Yes by all means. Just do the proper sign-up and the time trial times and you should be right. Just be mindful, some of us take it really seriously and some do it for fun, it doesn’t mean you can take people out every race

Benny F1

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 3, 2018
Can you please link the sign up part, and yes I want to take it seriously and see how I do :)