PC - AOR PC AL3 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC AL3 League - Main Thread

DeAd3ye

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 22, 2019
While this is not relevant right now, there is just one thing that I've been thinking about for a few weeks now that I feel is good to discuss. Is there any way to counteract people who are at a stand-still when the lights go out? I've seen this happen at least two times this season (one of them involving myself).

What I mean is when the lights go out, it has happened that one driver still hasn't released the clutch. This means that if someone further back can't see that the car is stopped until it's too late, that car accidentally shunts the still car's rear and the race is ruined because of front wing damage. However, the race isn't ruined for the driver who stopped, since rear damage doesn't happen very easily, if at all. In fact, by stopping, the car can avoid all carnage into the first few turns and make it through unscathed. I personally think that this is extremely unfair, as it rewards a driver for putting another driver's race at risk.

My question is: can anything be done about this? Are these kinds of incidents just considered racing incidents? If these incidents were recorded, would they be report-worthy?

@Maddog40 I don't know if this question is something that you should be involved in. If not, who should this concern be directed to?

Thank you for your time!
Yeah one time it was me in Spain (btw it was my former teammate who didnt start) but i think these are just
unfortunate race incidents

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Hi all. As one of the new league runners (together with @HaiCo ), I'm informing you all of the following:

- @Jdnelson7 has left the league for an unknown reason
- @ItxLogical has been promoted as a main driver for Mercedes

As a result of this and because of other unclear information, I would like to ask you all if you would be interested in being a coordinator for this split, as we currently have none.
As a coordinator, you would need to do the following to ensure all in this split runs smoothly:

- Invite all drivers into the lobby when a race is about to start
- Post results of the race as soon as they're available. If you can't, it would be ideal you post them within 24 hours
- Forward stewards inquiries in due time when needed
- And some other minor stuff

Next to the search of a new coordinator, we also need a backup host for this split in order to create the lobby in case the main host isn't able to participate. This role can be combined with the role of coordinator if interested. Ideally we would like someone with a decent internet connection.

Please contact me and/or @HaiCo when you would like to fullfil one or both of the roles mentioned above.

Untill we have found a coordinator for this split @HaiCo and I will be your coordinators.

Then some minor stuff:
The following driver haven't chosen a car number yet, as far as we can see. Please tell us the car number you wish to use in the form of a reaction in this thread. Please note you cannot use the numbers already chosen by real life F1-drivers or those who are racing in this split already.
@ItxLogical
@scottrobertson
@Shadeonix
@Aimelize
@EditedStorm27
@Patty81

Shadeonix

Pro Karter
Apr 16, 2018
Hi all. As one of the new league runners (together with @HaiCo ), I'm informing you all of the following:

As a result of this and because of other unclear information, I would like to ask you all if you would be interested in being a coordinator for this split, as we currently have none.
As a coordinator, you would need to do the following to ensure all in this split runs smoothly:

- Post results of the race as soon as they're available. If you can't, it would be ideal you post them within 24 hours

Next to the search of a new coordinator, we also need a backup host for this split in order to create the lobby in case the main host isn't able to participate. This role can be combined with the role of coordinator if interested. Ideally we would like someone with a decent internet connection.

Please contact me and/or @HaiCo when you would like to fullfil one or both of the roles mentioned above.

Untill we have found a coordinator for this split @HaiCo and I will be your coordinators.

Then some minor stuff:
The following driver haven't chosen a car number yet, as far as we can see. Please tell us the car number you wish to use in the form of a reaction in this thread. Please note you cannot use the numbers already chosen by real life F1-drivers or those who are racing in this split already.
@ItxLogical
@scottrobertson
@Shadeonix
@Aimelize
@EditedStorm27
@Patty81
Could I have No. 21 please and I chose to race for Renault after one of the drivers left so Aimelize will have to drive the Racing Point (it's on the results table wrong) :)

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Could I have no 14 not sure if it’s taken but that what I’ve chosen
14 already has been chosen. Please refer to the opening post to see which numbers already have been taken by the drivers in this split.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Could I have No. 21 please and I chose to race for Renault after one of the drivers left so Aimelize will have to drive the Racing Point (it's on the results table wrong) :)
You have been assigned the Racing Point car when you became main driver. You cannot swap teams mid-season. Please take the Racing Point in the next race.

scottrobertson

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2019

Then some minor stuff:
@ItxLogical
@scottrobertson
@Shadeonix
@Aimelize
@EditedStorm27
@Patty81
29 please

• Agree
Reactions: Borderline

Shadeonix

Pro Karter
Apr 16, 2018
You have been assigned the Racing Point car when you became main driver. You cannot swap teams mid-season. Please take the Racing Point in the next race.
But the seat is available, can my points not be switched over? Plus I wasn't available to choose when selection occurred so I didn't get to pick a car.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
But the seat is available, can my points not be switched over? Plus I wasn't available to choose when selection occurred so I didn't get to pick a car.
Sorry, you just simply cannot switch cars mid-season. The result-sheets does not support that, which prevents us from switching people over. If you weren't able to choose a car, then I think you just have to deal with it at the moment.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Could I just race in the Renault and have the results sheet as Racing Point?
No. You would be fooling everyone as you would have a different teammate than you actually have in the game. Please just accept the situation as it is...

• Scared
Reactions: Schwalbe

Patty81

Pro Karter
May 27, 2019
Sorry, you just simply cannot switch cars mid-season. The result-sheets does not support that, which prevents us from switching people over. If you weren't able to choose a car, then I think you just have to deal with it at the moment.
Aug 6, 2019
Hi, I would like to have the #33 and be the 2nd Driver in the Team of Hockeyfighter

Got #34 cause of 33 is Max Verstappen

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Driver update

@El Loco will be joining AL3 as a reserve driver.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I could be the coordinator for this split @Borderline ;) Me and @HaiCo already talked about that a bit
As I didn't get a reply from anywhere else, I guess you just got your promotion ;) I will take the needed steps on sunday, so you would be good to go for the race