Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
AOR PC Assist 3 League - Season 16
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
2. What's your previous league racing experience?
3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Fleron

Pro Karter
Sep 3, 2018
Hi!

I'm Fleron from Norway!
28yo and currently taking a masters degree in engineering. I've always enjoyed a good racing game, which all began back on the ps2 with GT3! This is my first online league racing so I'm very excited and looking forward to hopefully some good matches.

When it comes to racing gear i'm stuck on a ps4 controller, since my old racing wheel is non compatible with pretty much anything at this point. Still trying to tune it just the way i want it, so if anyone got any tips on what to adjust, I'd be very grateful! :)
As of expectations, I'm thinking top 10, and hoping I can improve a lot during the season to maybe contend with top 3 in a race or two near the end!

Wish you all good luck, and clean races!

Delta2611

F1 Coordinator & S17 PC Assist League 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 4, 2018
Hey,

my name is Markus, I am 26 years old and live in Würzburg, Germany.
To earn some money I work as a software developer, but want to get into the aviation industry asap if I see an oportunity.

I just found my interest for racing games, in particular F1 2017/18, this year.
So I bought a G920 and I'm loving it.
Only thing I missed was a competitive environment, so here I am.

I don't have any league racing experience prior to this, but I'm really looking forward to this season and racing with you guys,
I think it will be fun :)

Expectations?
Hm.
The only goal I have is to drive clean and have a great time.

GnialSsor

S16 AOR PC Assist League 3 Champion
May 22, 2018
Hello guys! :LOL:

My name is Ross, I'm 24 years of age and I'm from Scotland.

During the day, I'm currently studying Software Development at college. At night, I'm a video game fanatic, who probably spends too much time on the PC or Consoles :ROFLMAO:

I live and breathe anything F1 or motor racing. My first F1 game was, F-1 World Grand Prix for the GameBoy Colour (those were the days!). I'm also a huge fan of video games in general, and e-sports, so this league racing seems to tick the boxes.

For the F1 game, I play with an Xbox controller, but I am looking to buy a sim rig and steering wheel for the future, so if anyone has any suggestions for either or, I would much appreciate that.

I've never had any league racing experience, but I've always enjoyed watching people race in the leagues (mostly Tiametmarduk) and the prospect of the challenge intrigued me to join.

I don't want to give myself any unrealistic goals, so for this season I have two main targets.

1) Keep it on the tarmac, and finish the races.
2) Try to score points on a regular basis.

Any Top 5, Podium or Race Win finishes, I'll be counting as miracles :ROFLMAO:

I wish you all good luck this season, and I'll see you all at Aussie Land!

GOCAS

Pro Karter
Apr 9, 2018
So my name is Gonçalo and know that you can't say it right, so you can call me Gocas. I'm from Portugal and I'm 18 years old.

I'm quite new to league racing, mostly I play building games and adventure games such as GTA, Tomb Rider, WD and a lot of Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster and Minecraft(yes, I get paid to build, up to 6000Hours playing).

I play with the keyboard(yes yet again) but I have order a new G29.
I would love to finnish in the top ten at the end of the season and score points on a regular basis.

Good Luck to you all and see you at Race 1!

Oliver Baron

Pro Karter
Dec 18, 2017
Hello, My name is Oliver, from the North West of England. My racing equipment is almost nil due to the large amount of money you have to put in. Im not made of money and i don't have a money tree in my garden, but if you would like to know, its an Xbox 360 controller.

I did partake in Season 14 and I have to say it was quite appalling. Nevertheless, I did enjoy it, which is the reason I came back. I have also done a few other leagues and that was also quite fun.

Not going to lie, i just want to do well...

Good Luck to all in the league throughout and make sure to practice!

kxuping

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 6, 2018
Kxuping from Chile. I am taking part in Dirt 4 Rally Cross championship here on AOR. No other racing league experience.
My goals are to have fun racing, to not crash with other players, finish every race I start on last position and with bit of luck race every race in the calendar.
With small kids there is not much time to practice :giggle:
F1 fan.

Reactions: CubaTheGreatest

Taraku24

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 31, 2018
Hi everyone! my name is Scott I'm 28 and I come from the UK, England specifically
I have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Games Design, mainly 3D model design and level design.
I have been playing racing games since I was 5 years old, my first being on an Amiga.
My first F1 game was F1 1997, where I was able to learn to play Gran Prix mode which is where my love for racing games took off.
I used to be competitive on Race Driver GRID on the Xbox360 and joined Xleague tournaments, I was knocked out of the quarter finals against a pro player due to a bug that made my car flip and was not allowed to restart. During my time on this game I also placed 6th in the world time trials for Washington using F2 cars.
I am expecting to be able to fight for points possibly towards the 8th - 10th positions, I do not have high hopes at this moment as I have not played competitive in 13 years, but I do hope I can keep the racing squeaky clean :)

UdayK1

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 19, 2018
Hey, I'm Uday from England, Ive just finished a degree in Biological Science and am starting training for my ATPL soon to hopefully become a pilot. Having to get used to a Xbox controller again as my wheel doesn't work with my desk atm (sooo sad ;( ). Been playing f1 games for a few years (been playing a lot of league of legends since 2012) but never raced competitively. Hoping to score some points and maybe sneak a win at my fav track Austria.

The_rightfoot

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Everyone I'm Thomas i'm from warrington In England its near Liverpool. I work for BT Communications company. I used to be in the Royal Navy for 7 and half years.

I've been playing F1 games since f1 1997 for the playstation. I'm a big Motorsport Nut and golf and running fan. I playing sim racing for just over 2 years now i absolutey love it. I use an old thrustmaster looking to upgrade soon. I also race on iracing i race mainly in MX5'S and do a the odd special event too. Looking to get into GT with my team.

This is my first time playing in a competitive F1 league and can't wait to get started. My main aim is to get into the points regularly and see what happens. I'm looking for clean competitive racing which is always fun. My favourite Tracks our Silver stone and Montreal i seem to do well there

Good luck for this season Everyone

Synestros

Pro Karter
Aug 25, 2018
Hi everyone!
My name is Markus and I'm 26 years old (27 in a week). I´m from Vienna (Austria) and still living in Vienna. Currently I´m doing my Masters degree in Project Management, it should be finished next summer. I'm working as a test engineer in a austrian bank. Besides gaming, another passion of mine is golf. Working on my golf handicap 24/7 :LOL:. I'm also very active in a austrian gaming/esports club called Austrian Force esports. We are organising esports events in Austria (LOL, PUBG, etc.).

Funny sidenote: I´m organising and supervising a F1 2018 tournament at a big LAN which takes place at the beginning of November in Vienna. I'm very excited for this :geek:

I have no experience in league racing. F1 2017 was my first racing game. I got hooked to it by a friend (he´s also competing in AOR - but in a different league). I'm driving with a G29. My goals for this season in to get to know the racing league and competitive driving. And of course to improve my driving skill.

I'm hyped and looking forward to the next race! I wish everyone good luck! :cool:

EnderStiggin

Junior Karter
Nov 23, 2018
Hey guys,

My name is Michael, I'm 35 and hail from the great and vast nation of Canada. I'm a finish carpenter and home inspector.

I'm a big fan of F1 and idolize Kimi. I've been watching and playing F1 games since 2010.

I've always raced with a wheel, first with an Xbox 360 wireless wheel and pedals.

Then got out of Xbox racing and started on the PC with a Fanatec GT3 RS and Clubsport Pedals, mostly in rFactor.

Then I didn't race for a number of years until about 6 months ago when finally built myself a decent gaming rig.

Recently, my trusty Fanatec bit the dust, and I picked up a Thrustmaster T150 to use while I save up for something direct drive. But I'm actually pretty happy with the T150 and will probably use it until it wears out too.

I raced in an Xbox league for several months, which is my only league experience, but I've spent countless hours in F1 2012, 2017 and 2018 on PC, mostly in online matchmaking, and always wishing I could race with decent folks who really care and don't pile up in the first corner. I'm also not the biggest fan of the 5 lap sprints in matchmaking and always preferred to do 25% or more.

I'm hoping to have fun, enjoy some hard racing and hopefully hone my race craft enough to get into one of the no assist leagues.

Looking forward to being a part of this and even though I've got a 500 megabit fibre connection here in Canada... It's got to go across the Atlantic and I'm hoping I'm able to meet the ping requirements to race with you guys in Europe.

Taraku24

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 31, 2018
Welcome to the league my friend, I'm sure your ping will be fine we have other Canadians here.

Hit me up on steam and I'll add you to our league group

Steam name: Taraku

Delta2611

F1 Coordinator & S17 PC Assist League 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 4, 2018
Hey guys,

My name is Michael, I'm 35 and hail from the great and vast nation of Canada. I'm a finish carpenter and home inspector.

I'm a big fan of F1 and idolize Kimi. I've been watching and playing F1 games since 2010.

I've always raced with a wheel, first with an Xbox 360 wireless wheel and pedals.

Then got out of Xbox racing and started on the PC with a Fanatec GT3 RS and Clubsport Pedals, mostly in rFactor.

Then I didn't race for a number of years until about 6 months ago when finally built myself a decent gaming rig.

Recently, my trusty Fanatec bit the dust, and I picked up a Thrustmaster T150 to use while I save up for something direct drive. But I'm actually pretty happy with the T150 and will probably use it until it wears out too.

I raced in an Xbox league for several months, which is my only league experience, but I've spent countless hours in F1 2012, 2017 and 2018 on PC, mostly in online matchmaking, and always wishing I could race with decent folks who really care and don't pile up in the first corner. I'm also not the biggest fan of the 5 lap sprints in matchmaking and always preferred to do 25% or more.

I'm hoping to have fun, enjoy some hard racing and hopefully hone my race craft enough to get into one of the no assist leagues.

Looking forward to being a part of this and even though I've got a 500 megabit fibre connection here in Canada... It's got to go across the Atlantic and I'm hoping I'm able to meet the ping requirements to race with you guys in Europe.
Hello @EnderStiggin ,

I'm sorry, but are you sure you are joining PC AL3 as I don't have any information about it.
I'm afraid you have to wait for sign ups to reopen :)

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-pc-f1-2018-leagues-assist-sign-up-thread-season-16.44394/