PC - AOR PC F10 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F10 League - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Sad to see @BoomSonK leave after some great battles in these seven races (well not in the last one though). I hope he will eventually come back and put up a great show like we did in China.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @Billamy has rejoined the F10 League as a reserve driver!

He will be 1st priority reserve due to @Ranger currently being a "permanent reserve" unless I'm mistaken (please let me know if this is incorrect).

(@TheVerenzak)

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
We have reached the middle of the season! How did the first 10 races go for you? What are your expectations for the next 11 races? I've got a few questions you can answer if you feel like it.

I hope you all have a wonderful break, enjoy the holidays and are all fresh & motivated to go racing again in a few weeks :)

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

Any thoughts on the level of racing and competition in this league?

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far?

What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your first half of the season?

Any other thoughts, opinions or suggestions?
@Levingston @Neil Bywater @Sweatu @Beyond @DwergC @E4SY @Frihman @boxen @Diallo @xDerpOG @djole74 @Katrer @earicx @Mali Baćo @defisparta @cata82 @MrPanda-6 @BlackPanthor @Dominy @Billamy @Ranger

Reactions: Neil Bywater

boxen

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Silverstone for sure, the fight me and @BlackPanthor had was insane and to top it all of it was my first win.

Definitely Baku, had a 7 second lead by the first stint and wiffed it on the last corner before I had to pit.

Definitely good as far as i've seen, I've heard a lot about the middle pack being upset with eachother but other than that it seems fair and clean.

Yes! I got my desired win!

Probably to finish top 3 in the championship.

Probably a 5.5/10.

Reactions: BlackPanthor

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Definetely has to be Monaco with my charge in the closing laps. I like the track and I was so much focused that I had stomach pain for some one hour after the race ended. Putting some overtakes, endorsed by other drivers, against @E4SY and @earicx helped me get to P2 on track, but time penalties have delayed my first podium.

I can't pick one. I was left heartbroken by connection issues which ended my race in Australia before it began. Spain was also harsh on me because my tyres were overheating as hell but the agony ended when I lost connection. Also there is Baku, where I turned in too early in Turn 3 and smashed the wall all by myself after having some beers with my boys in town. And there is a fresh memory of blown tyre in Austria on the last lap which made me drop from P6 to P15. But if I have to pick one, I'd maybe pick Spain because it's the track I don't really like and I was doomed to fail. On the other hand, by heartbroken-meter, I would maybe choose Austria.

Finally I'm able to race with fair drivers, but also there is a strong Stewards system which keeps everyone in order. There is some great respect on track with a lot of drivers, but sometimes I encounter a more agressive competitor and things can get unnecessarily over the limit. So, it would be an 8/10.

Yes, absolutely! I came here with a recommendation by fellow countryman (@TheAPlegends) and after seeing some YouTubers compete. This is my first league I'm competing in and I'm even hungry for more. As for my results, I didn't know what to expect but I'm satisfied with things. Being a regular Top 10 in qualy is a nice place to begin this. Also, battling for points on each track is also more than I would ask for, so this is a great string of results.

My learning curve was really steep in the beginning. Speaking of qualy, I went from P18 in Australia to P14 in Bahrain, and P11 in China. From then on, I missed out on top 10 only in three races. Race results were on and off, but they don't tell the complete story. Nevertheless, I think I have evolved into a competitive driver that's always challenging for the points.

I hope that I'll be smarter when it comes to racing. Both Austria (blown tyre on last lap) and Britain (opportunistic diving) were a chain of events, with some bad luck involved, where I was comfortably in the points and lost them all in a matter of seconds. This has to be changed for sure.

Other than that, I would really love to get vendetta for Monaco and end up on a podium before the season ends. I would love to end it in top 10 among drivers, preferably in front of all the midfielders. We are coming to my "home" race in Budapest, and then there is Spa which I love.

Universities in Serbia have 6 as a passing grade, and so that's how I'd rate my season. I hope that I will give it 8, at least, towards the end of the season.

I don't like how people like my race reports, but I saw and heard some positive reactions so I'll keep them coming. I will mash up a highlights video of my first half of this season, and I would really like to endorse everyone that I crossed paths with. There were some harsh battles that went over the limit, but I guess that's also racing. Still, I think everyone here rocks and I really love to talk with you on Discord before the race or chat throughout the week.

Since I'm practicing almost every track with few days in advance, maybe it would be nice, if others are interested, to make a deal and have a fixed schedule of unofficial practice sessions. That way, everyone can meet up, learn the track, find the good setup and have some fun in general.

Other than that, I must say that I miss some talking on Discord. I don't know if everyone is so shy or not talkative, but I think it would be nice to share some words with everyone, open an absolutely off topic discussion prior or after the race, and not just say "Hello" and "Goodbye". But okay, there is no good way to push that, because people will do how they feel. I am talkative when it comes to similar interests, so feel free to add me on Steam and have some words with me. :D

Reactions: TheAPlegends

Billamy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Definitely Bahrain. It was my first race in this league, and I went from P15 to P5. Great race, greater memories.

Has to be Baku as I lost my cool after being completely punted off and had to pit, then was so uneasy that I crashed myself. Trying to forget that one.

Pretty good, most drivers are fair and clean and great to race against. (@boxen has impressed me with his wheel to wheel racing in Austria, as well as @Levingston in Silverstone. Two of my best battles in AOR so far.) There are some people that could lay off a bit but I guess it's only a part of racing. No real issues for me so far.

Not really to be completely honest. Looking at my performance in Bahrain I expected to do better. My pace in Austria and Silverstone were also promising but as I got tangled up in race incidents and battles I ended up not doing as well as I could/wanted, but as previously mentioned, it's all part of the racing!

Well I'd be glad to get at least one podium by the end of the season, but that's a bit far fetched, as I don't consider myself one of the fast guys around here. I'd say that a primary target is to go fulltime and a secondary target would be to be consistently in the points.

I missed 4 races out of 10, so I'll be voting on those 6. Harsh truth is that I'll have to go with a 5 as I am not yet satisfied with my results, other than Bahrain. I am hoping that this changes on the second half of the season, as more tracks of my liking are coming into play.

Not really, I guess things will unfold on their own. If I had to say something, that'd be to be a bit more patient in the opening laps and don't take unecessary risks and moves!

That's me for now, I hope I get to race with all you lads in 2019. Happy holidays!

Reactions: Maxxwil and boxen

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've had a few good races so far. Australia was a fun comeback, especially after the Safety Car - pre-race and after L1 I didn't expect to finish in the top 5. So that was a very pleasant surprise.
China has always been one of my weakest tracks, so picking up good points there after a fun, exciting race was a very pleasant surprise as well.

Monaco. 100%. Canada could also be a strong candidate, as it was my first self-inflicted DNF in a very, very long time. But I had no expectations for that race, so it didn't feel as bad.
In Monaco, I felt strong pre-race as it's always been one of my strongest tracks. I was going strong in the race, but had an unfortunate accident that ruined all my chances of a good result. The combination of these 2 races happen right after each other definitely hurt my motivation though.

Really happy so far. Personally I haven't seen really any obvious misbehaviour on track, or people doing dumb stuff on track. Most problems get resolved really quickly, people apologize for mistakes and everyone is very accepting. Good to see, there's a few leagues that struggle a bit more with this.

It's good to see how close this split is in terms of pace. I know it might look like Sweatu is dominating, but he really had to fight for most of his wins (except Monaco maybe) and there's plenty of people who can challenge him. Also in the midfield it's immensely close. Look at the finishes in China, Canada, Austria and GB - there's often groups of 3-4-5 people finishing right behind each other.

Ha... haha... hahahaha... No.
So my pre-season expectations were;
1. Finish every race I start > I failed this in Canada, unfortunately.
2. Finish in the points semi-consistently > Was doing alright for the first 5 races, not so much in the last 5. Hope I can get back to my pre-Monaco form after the break :)
3. Get at least 1 podium finish > Eh, it's not looking too good for me so far. But luckily, there's been quite a few people on the podium already so maybe if I get a lucky race it might still be possible.

I'm not changing my expectations I set at the start of the season, because I should be able to reach them.
My hopes are that there will be more exciting races, because so far this season has been quite full of them!

Can't really give myself a passing grade here, failing all 3 of my (already not incredibly high) expectations and being last in the constructors. A 3 seems fair.

I'm really enjoying hanging out with you all on sunday evenings. I might seem rushed, or kind of unavailable at times but I think I have to blame university & emigrating for this. Usually my weekends were quite busy already, and I had class monday mornings. Hopefully this will chance after the break, as it's looking like I will have mondays off, so I'll be a bit more chill :)
P.S. I'll probably won't be online as much starting this weekend until new year's day. My agenda is quite filled haha!

I hope you all will stick around for the second half of the season, let's make it even more exciting than the first half!
Enjoy your break everybody, happy holidays and a good, safe and healthy new year! :)

Sweatu

S16 AOR PC F10 Champion
Mar 26, 2018
I had a lot of good races but i think monaco was my favourite one

Worst race of the season was Baku by far. Hadnt really the pace to compete at the front, damaged my wing two times and yeah just a shitty track

I think its really fair racing here

yes didnt expect that i improved that much

consistent end of the season

Would give it a 8 or 9

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
Austria, for obvious reasons! My first ever win in AOR at a track that has always been one of my favorites. Because of how much I love the track, every single lap was a blast. The feeling when I crossed that finish line and ended up in P1 was unbelievable.

An honorable mention goes to Monaco, the first race where I got a good result (P3) after 5 races of constant mistakes and incidents. To finally get a good result felt great. Ironic how my first clean race was at Monaco of all tracks... :D

Probably Australia or Baku. Australia because of all the hype and excitement surrounding the first race of the season, only to be thrown away by my own very stupid mistake. Baku, because I was set for an excellent result, until I smashed my front wing, and having to race for absolutely nothing in last place for about 15 laps. Worst 15 laps ever.

The level of competition is great, everyone is very even and the racing is for the most part fair. I have had to make too many stewards reports than I’d like too but none of the incidents have been awful, and I feel like everyone in this league does their best to keep it clean. Also, it’s great that everyone (from what I’ve observed at least) gets along after an incident.

I knew about my biggest strength from last season going into this season, and that is that I am a consistent driver who makes no mistakes. I finished in the points every single time I started a race in season 15.

And well, that expectation has been completely shattered as I have made quite a lot of silly mistakes.

As far as expectations results wise go, I honestly thought that judging by that I came from the lowest league in season 15 compared to other drivers in this league, and judging by the time trial, I was expecting to be towards the back and a podium, let alone a win felt completely out of my reach. Boy, how I was wrong...

Basically, my expectations were that I was going to be consistent, yet slow compared to all. It has been quite the opposite!

I hope I can continue my good form the last 5 races. My goal is to finish 8th or higher in the championship and if I continue what I am doing now, I’ll reach that goal easily. I’m also hoping that me and @Neil Bywater can score some good points and secure a good position in the championship for Ferrari!

I’d rate it 8/10. If you would have told me a day before the season started that I’d be 6th with 2 podiums and a win, I would not have believed you. Therefore, it gets a high score, considering the expectations. But, because of my disastrous start, my season so far gets a couple of minus points.

I just wanted to thank everybody for a great and fun first half of the season. I genuinely enjoy interacting and racing with you guys and I’m stoked that we still have half a season together!

Happy holidays everyone!

Reactions: TheVerenzak

DwergC

Formula Karter
Feb 18, 2018
Favorite races were Canada and Silverstone. Both not my best results, but some nice overtakes.

In Australia I crashed out in the second corner so that sucked, but my worst race was China. I was the slowest guy on track and ended last. I don't know what caused it, maybe I hadn't played the game enough. Part of me suspects that I simply selected the wrong car setup.

It's great. I feel like when I put in a good amount of practice I can compete at the front. The best example of this was Qualifying in Austria. I was less than 5 tenths off pole and yet I was in 15th place.

Yeah, I guess. I feel like I have the pace to win races, I just need to make sure I don't make mistakes.

Be on pace with the front runners for the remaining races and finish in the top 5.

This is not only an issue for this league but for all leagues. I'm quite annoyed by how people make their stewards inquiries. The last inquiry made against me was called 'Attempted murder', while in the description the guy complained about how racing in this league is getting out of hand. Also people always like to complain about how it affected their race, even though that isn't relevant. A small complaint, but I think those inquiries from the naggers could just be ignored and then maybe they'll learn to stop complaining all the time.

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
My favourite race so far was the French gp because it just had it all combined… dry to wet race, much overtakes, sadly enough controversial moments but i really enjoyed it ^^ . the Best race is Silverstone with maybe the best batlle for this season with @boxen, who won deserved :) didnt made any mistakes at that race also so yeah im happy with the p2 i had there.

I think thats clearly for me th Austrian gp, could make itn only through one corner after little chaos there and then just fked it up on my own by going at the track unsafe and hitted the rear end of the haas driver ( dont know who it was anymore :p ) but yeah.. ended quickly and lost imortant points. Im not gonna lie but codemasters didnt helped me well in spain with my drs wing stuck open at lap 6 and in Monaco with the pitstop glitch which held me up for like 10 seconds.

I mentioned since race one i participated in, that everyone is superclose and also clean racers ( if they want to ofcourse ;) ). @Sweatu is the guy who is doing better of all of us at the moment but who knows what part 2 of the season brings up and who can close up to him. Im also glad that i got great competition against my teammate @Beyond , who is doing solid job over there and winning the Baku gp was surely a thing to mention.

well.. i was kinda hoping i would do better, but i made a lot of mistakes and had unlucky moments to on myself but i cant complain about my racing against other drivers :)

Im gonna miss like 2 or 3 races because of my exams in january, so i just hope i can do well and score consistant points to make sure i wont lose much positions in the standings and for my boss Horner ;)

I would say i would give it a 6/10 because i did well at some races, only bottled it with making stupid mistakes which costed me some solid points.

I wanna say thanks to @Dobby for getting me into here and @TheVerenzak for making me comfortable here and ofcourse everyone else for just being nice, and fair on track :). have a great new year everyone ^^

xDerpOG

Formula Karter
Jun 17, 2016
Canada of course! My first league race win and it was at my home GP.

Monaco. I did a lot of practice (2x 50% races against AI, about 50 TT laps, and a practice lobby with a few other members of this league) and it payed off in qualifying as I got my first pole position but in the race I binned it while in the lead on lap 5 by turning in too early at Casino Square, something that I only did once in practice.

Fantastic! Almost every race so far I have had a battle that has lasted at least a few laps, sometimes longer. The racing is very clean and for the most part it seems we all do our best to leave space for the other car.

Yes! I am doing a lot better than I expected. This is my first go at any sort of league racing so I gave myself a goal of consistently finishing in the points. My secondary goal was to get a podium and maybe if I got lucky, a win by the end of the season. My final goal (more of a bonus goal that I was not expecting to get) was to get at least one pole position. At Australia I put my car on the front row and was only 0.012 behind @boxen which I was extremely excited about, however I thought it was a fluke. I thought maybe not everyone got a good lap in and Australia is also one of my strongest tracks so I didn't expect to be doing that again anytime soon. I finished P6 that race because I messed up my strategy but I was relatively speaking on pace which surprised me. A few races go by and I considered my primary goal completed. Then Monaco rolls around. I put it on pole. I thought I may have a chance of getting my first victory at the most difficult track on the calendar but I lived up to my name :3 I then completed my final goal the following weekend so I am very satisfied with my performance this season.

Get as many points as possible. It's a pretty big gap to the top of the table but I am going to give it everything I've got to reach it. I can't say I'm expecting to reach it but anything is possible. I just hope that whether I'm in the fight for the championship or not that it goes down to the very last race.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

8.5. I met all my goals by Canada. I had a couple races that could have been better but I'm very happy with where I am at now.

Last edited:

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
France. I had the pace for a podium, dry or wet, but missed it because of a certain lack of luck. It was good news and it showed me that if i practice i can do good.

Australia i guess. I waited so much for the start and bodged it badly, emotions through the roof.

I believe it is exactly what i needed. Some really good guys which practice a lot and it shows, they are the target for everybody else and provide awesome motivation. So, the level is perfect!

No! But not because i've done poorly or other sort of excuses, but just because i misjudged what being in a league means. It needs a certain level of dedication to meet my initial criteria of scoring points almost all of the time.

I am going to remain at "scoring points in every race i take part in". My wish is for a podium and a pole (came so close to the pole in Austria).

A solid 6. Need to improve my participation rate and also to up my practice times spent for each race.

Pandacruiser

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Australia. I got my first win and probably last win of the season.

China. I bottled hard. Took @TheVerenzak out .

It's very competitive and fun to race every Sunday.

Yes, some of it has been fulfilled.

Have more clean battles with the other drivers. Get more podiums.

8/10

Billamy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Thank you for having me in the league guys. I've decided to move due to my pace not matching up, as well as going to race with some old buddies in F11, which feels like clsoer to my skills. It was fun racing among you all and I hope to see you again in the next season!

Cheers, Billy aka Jackdaw