PC - AOR PC F2 Sprint League - Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F2 Sprint League - Driver Introduction Thread

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
AOR PC F2 Sprint League - Season 3
Driver Introduction Thread

AOR_F2-Banner.jpg

Hey and welcome to the AOR F2 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:
  1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
  2. What's your previous league racing experience?
  3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Hello, I'm Richard and I'm 25 years old from the Netherlands. I'm still studying and for my hobby's I play football and participate in the AOR F1 leagues. These F2 leagues seemed like a good oppurtunity to race with my friends again because with the amount of F1 leagues I haven't been able to do this for the past few seasons. My racing equipment is a T300 steering wheel with t3pa pro pedals attached to a Next Level Racing F1-GT rig. But I'm hoping for a good Fanatec Black Friday deal to upgrade my steering wheel and pedals :).

What's your previous league racing experience?
I started with the F1 leagues back in season 14 and was immediately hooked. I started season 14 in AL2, then went to F5, F4, F4 again and now F4 again:p

What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
Just to have some fun with different cars for a change.

S4lty

Pro Karter
Oct 15, 2018
Hello,
I´m Bastian from Germany. I´m 17 years old and racing with a T300 from Thrustmaster with the Ferrari F1 Add-on which is mounted on a GT Omega Apex Steering Wheel Stand.

I drove in a league from the biggest German F1 YouTuber(he is also racing in the AOR. in the current season in F5 ) on F1 2018 in the 3rd from a total of 5 PC-splits and was in the midfield there.
And also I´m driving in the current AOR F1 season in AL4, that´s all the experience I got in league racing.

My goal for this season is to have some fun and maybe some enjoyable battles on track! I don´t expect any points because I saw your time trials;) and also I´m normally driving with ABS and TC enabled but I tested the F2 cars without those assists and for me they seem to be easier to handle without those assists than the F1 cars do. (if you might have asked why
I´m driving in the assist league in the F1 league and participating here)...

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Hi I'm Cameron from the UK I am 20 years old. I will be racing with an Xbox 360 controller. I've been racing in AOR since season 11 with varying success. Currently I am racing in F6.
I signed up to this league so that I actually made use of the F2 cars as before the TTs I had only done the career mode stuff with them.
Based on the time trials it looks like its going to be pretty competitive so as long as I have some fun races I don't care about where I finish.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hola! My name is Jason and I hail from the US....ya I know....this is my 5th season of AOR but only my 2nd without assists. A lot of you know me but for those that don't im old and slow ;). all my other pertinent info is in sig below....this should be fun

Patrick Schindler

Pro Karter
Jul 16, 2019
HEYO,

I'm Patrick.
I'm 17 years old and from Germany
This Year it's my first AOR Season similar to my first season in a race league where I'm driving without assists.
To my hobbies. I really like watching motorsport in reallife and driving simracing in the virtual world.
Amongst other things I'm often ride my mountain bike in the mountains.
To my Setup: I'm using the official Fanatec F1-Esport set.
I hope we get close, funny and fair races together , cause thats the best races.

And now THE LIGHT ARE OUT AND AWAY WE GO

frico241

Formula Karter
Oct 8, 2018
Hello !
(I forgot to do it before the 1st race so I do it now)
So I'm Téo, I'll be 22 in early-December and I play from the South-West of France.
I'm not an experienced driver, it's been maybe a couple of years since I started to play sim-like racing games. I was in both of the F1 2018 AOR season and managed some podiums and even a win ! for this season I am in F10 and hope for some similar results as the previous season of course. I'm suprised that there are not mor epeople interested in this league but hey good for us I guess I get to play in a high tier league race xD
As for my set-up well I play on a controller so yeah I'll try to be as safe as possible.
That first evening at Bahrain was hella fun even though I had to leave midway but until that, it was really enjoyable so I'll be looking for more of that !
Cheers !

Reactions: S4lty and HaiCo

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey there,

so my real name is pretty much the same as my in-game nickname (pronounced Highko). I am a 27 years old driver from the far north of the Netherlands. My hobbies are board/card games, online gaming (used to be a CS:GO addict, now a Racing game addict) and going to concerts of all sorts of music. I also am a big TV series junky, although I barely watch regular TV - so you know what I'm talking about. I don't know exactly when I started watching F1, but I can remember watching Damon Hill still.... I played my first F1 game back when I was just 4 or 5 years old.

For anyone interested:

Once the F1 games disappeared from the PC (thanks Sony Entertainment), I lost track of the F1 games until F1 2015 was released. After I lost interest in the real life F1 during the 2008 season, I first returned to watching it during the 2014 season.

I bought my T500 with t3pa pro pedals and joined AOR right before the start of S15 and became a coordinator for S16. I decided to drive with assists during the S15 (AL2) and S16 (AL1) seasons before switching to the non assist leagues in S17 (F8). I am currently driving in F7 for the F1 Leagues and now (2 rounds in) am still really excited to see what sort of joy the F2 Sprint League can bring to all of us. In the meantime I replaced my t3pa pro pedals (which my dad now uses to casually drive F1 games) with Fanatec CSL Elite LC ones.

What I expect from the F2 Sprint League is loads of fun and an opportunity to race against some of my friends (who in the regular F1 leagues are in higher/lower splits). Besides that, as a coordinator it's our (@Thompson's and mine ) duty to make sure everything goes well, so if something doesn't - it's obviously our responsibility. We will (continue to) try and do the best we can.

See you on the grid :geek:

Reactions: S4lty and Thompson