PC - AOR PC F2 Sprint League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F2 Sprint League - Main Thread

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
You can remove me from this split as well. I'm done. When people drive dirty this way, I'm done. This split is supposed to be a fun league, but getting screwed by both other drivers and then Codies showing their dogshit by not being able to select the tyres you want at your pitstop. Then the wing doesn't get swapped and then in hindsight it shows that OBS didn't record.

Have fun in the rest of the season, but I'm switching over to iRacing from now on.

Skatie

S17 AOR PC F3 Champion
Jul 31, 2017
@Borderline If its our incident you are talking about, i'm sorry, but i left as much space as i could give.
And knowing you had frontwing dmg from earlier that lap i just had to go for it.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
@Borderline If its our incident you are talking about, i'm sorry, but i left as much space as i could give.
And knowing you had frontwing dmg from earlier that lap i just had to go for it.
So knowing I had damage you couldn't be more patient eh? Have fun with that kind of racing. I cba at this moment. I quitted now as it's not just you screwing me over.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
So knowing I had damage you couldn't be more patient eh? Have fun with that kind of racing. I cba at this moment. I quitted now as it's not just you screwing me over.
Sorry, but @Skatie was definitely alongside and entitled to that space going into the corner. Not really his fault if you go into the corner too fast.

• Agree
Reactions: Skatie

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Right... so let me explain a few things. Not all of it could be considered an excuse, but it all added up for me, which resulted into an outburst which wasn't very fair for everyone.

Just over a week my grandmother passed away after some sickness and breaking her hip. Her funeral was on Saturday and just an hour before the race I got home.

Not just in this race, but also in several other races, my race was compromised not only by an other driver (whether it was their fault or not) but also by Codies. In Bahrain it showed the biggest flaw of the game in realism. You cannot choose to stay on the current tyres while changing your front wing. Therefor you have to do 2 pitstops in order to still be able to finish the sprint race. Then in Monaco, not only I had this very same problem, but also the game decided not to change my wing at all, while the setting in the MFD was set to "YES".

This kind of frustration has making me struggle with emotions sometimes and it sometimes even shows towards my very own family. After some thinking, this is caused by participating in two different kinds of leagues, so I feel like I need to practice for both as well, making me spend less time with my family. This may not happen in my opinion, so I have to make a decision here.

The first decision is to apologize to @Skatie . No, it wasn't your fault that I crashed, allthough I still feel like you should've waited for a better opportunity. While Monaco is already a utterly harsh track to overtake. That particular corner is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) corners to overtake on on this track. Especially knowing that I had wing damage, you would've overtaken me eventually anyway.

The other decision is to step down as a main driver and swap places with a reserve driver. This way I can decide on my own behalf whether or not I'm going to participate in a race, which will only be the case if I have had enough time to practice next to spending time with my family.

The last decision is to remove as much frustration from league racing as possible, which eventually means I will quit racing in games made by Bugmasters. The shear amount of bugs which they (willingly) refuse to fix makes it impossible to have proper fun in league racing without having to deal with bugs. I therefor will quit the F1 league as well, but only when the current season has finished. After that I will start participating in the iRacing GTE-league of AOR, next to some special events I wish to participate in, like the official Indy 500, Daytona 24H and Le Mans (also in iRacing ofc).

I hope you all understand the situation and wish to be friends with you all, rather than avoiding you after what happened on Saturday.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Right... so let me explain a few things. Not all of it could be considered an excuse, but it all added up for me, which resulted into an outburst which wasn't very fair for everyone.

Just over a week my grandmother passed away after some sickness and breaking her hip. Her funeral was on Saturday and just an hour before the race I got home.

Not just in this race, but also in several other races, my race was compromised not only by an other driver (whether it was their fault or not) but also by Codies. In Bahrain it showed the biggest flaw of the game in realism. You cannot choose to stay on the current tyres while changing your front wing. Therefor you have to do 2 pitstops in order to still be able to finish the sprint race. Then in Monaco, not only I had this very same problem, but also the game decided not to change my wing at all, while the setting in the MFD was set to "YES".

This kind of frustration has making me struggle with emotions sometimes and it sometimes even shows towards my very own family. After some thinking, this is caused by participating in two different kinds of leagues, so I feel like I need to practice for both as well, making me spend less time with my family. This may not happen in my opinion, so I have to make a decision here.

The first decision is to apologize to @Skatie . No, it wasn't your fault that I crashed, allthough I still feel like you should've waited for a better opportunity. While Monaco is already a utterly harsh track to overtake. That particular corner is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) corners to overtake on on this track. Especially knowing that I had wing damage, you would've overtaken me eventually anyway.

The other decision is to step down as a main driver and swap places with a reserve driver. This way I can decide on my own behalf whether or not I'm going to participate in a race, which will only be the case if I have had enough time to practice next to spending time with my family.

The last decision is to remove as much frustration from league racing as possible, which eventually means I will quit racing in games made by Bugmasters. The shear amount of bugs which they (willingly) refuse to fix makes it impossible to have proper fun in league racing without having to deal with bugs. I therefor will quit the F1 league as well, but only when the current season has finished. After that I will start participating in the iRacing GTE-league of AOR, next to some special events I wish to participate in, like the official Indy 500, Daytona 24H and Le Mans (also in iRacing ofc).

I hope you all understand the situation and wish to be friends with you all, rather than avoiding you after what happened on Saturday.
I understand your emotions. I lost my grandfather last week as well. Hopefully we'll see you in a few more races.

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Driver update

@Tudor900 will join the split and take the final empty MP Motorsport seat for now.

Reactions: Thompson

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018