PC - AOR PC F4 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F4 League - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Driver Update:

@LambreX has left the league

@DETERMINISM left the league due to technical difficulties.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I am sorry guys. I have not said anything the last races because I did not want to be negative about it but it has now come to a point now. The game keeps doing screen freezes and other things (nearly alsways in heavy breaking zones) and now around this track when barries are so close everything just became a lot worse. I will not be able to continue this and will drop out (I am sorry @Mr AlcoN) but I will continue to coordinate till a replacement for me has been assigned.

Reactions: SMEAJ

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
@The Genius really sad seeing you go, and a bit annoying but I completely understand.
Like OMG. I joined AOR after being in a league where I was playing a game 4 years old and against loads of Brazilians who don't know how to play. More people started+finsihed the races in that league than do in this one. It's absolutely dreadful. I thought people who joined AOR were supposed to be commited to this lol. I hope we can find some more people for our split in the mid-season sign ups. Lmao xD

• Agree

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
*Wrong thread

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@Chicane Especially if this split keeps dying at the rate it is, we need something to keep us sane. I'm gonna message fisi about this, there is only 13 people left racing now. SC is probably needed, to keep us alive tbh lmao
This tier is a dying ship..
Here's my thoughts:

Split 4 has very few active players left really, probably near the least finishers in AOR. However, who we do have are very socially active and very fast. Most of the time our pole and race times are quicker than split 3. And we are also the most active league off track, which I love.

Split 3 is actually slower than us but much more competitive, however no social activity.

Split 5 is socially active, with nice people however quite slow also.

Really, the tier system in general is fucked. Did you know, at China, the person who got pole in F6 would've got 7th in F2! That's mad.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Here's my thoughts:

Split 4 has very few active players left really, probably near the least finishers in AOR. However, who we do have are very socially active and very fast. Most of the time our pole and race times are quicker than split 3. And we are also the most active league off track, which I love.

Split 3 is actually slower than us but much more competitive, however no social activity.

Split 5 is socially active, with nice people however quite slow also.

Really, the tier system in general is fucked. Did you know, at China, the person who got pole in F6 would've got 7th in F2! That's mad.
Imo opinion, there are two options:

Option 1: Enough people join our split mid-season, so we are able to consitently race with let´s say 16 people or more
Option 2: We split our split (^^), meaning some of us move into F3 while others move into F5 to fill up the respective gaps.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
@koldo Option 2 is what i thought. Also to stop @SMEAJ winning so much. As he said, we're the same pace as split 3, but split 3 are more consistent I would imagine. I think we should mix our best players with their best players, and our slightly slower players with their slightly slower players.

@Mr AlcoN Did u edit ur message? Cause when I looked at the preview in my emails it said something different.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I'm pretty sure AOR-admins are interested to hear about your improvements to sort out 200 drivers, not knowing how one is still gonna improve massively and another one is already at his top.

Also have a look at previous leagues and seasons. People (rage)quitting is a pretty common thing unfortunately. Just be glad we can start with 20 drivers, unlike the 16 we used to have in earlier F1 games. I've had seasons where near the end of the season 10 people had quitted so we had to start with 6 drivers only. Really, nothing uncommon is happening.

The 'split F4 over F3 and F5' may be an option sooner or later. SMEAJ is clearly set to be champion anyway, so if we split the field, we can all enjoy more races with battles. However: with 12-13 on the startgrid, you're way less likely to have your race ruined in lap 1. And I've heard secret talk in a mysterious part of the paddock that the SC for this tier actually may happen. Unlikely it will happen if people are moved over to other splits I think.

• Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ and Haydn

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I'm pretty sure AOR-admins are interested to hear about your improvements to sort out 200 drivers
I'm sorry, I wasn't actually trying to offend/ridicule what they were doing in the slightest. If anything I was more talking about the players themselves showing completely different levels of commitment/none at all. I completely understand that there's absolutely nothing that the guys at the top of AOR aren't doing and they have limited data to go off of.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I just read it man, that's why i'm asking what are we doing now

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I think what's gonna end up happening is Fisi is gonna bring his binoculars down and have a look, see we have a few holes (but not as many as we are making out to be), plug a few spaces with new sign ups and we'll just be riding on about 16 players from there for the rest of the season, by the end of which we'll be down to about 13 again.

Not that I think the idea of splitting us into F3 and F5 is a bad idea, but also consider that there isn't actually enough spaces to go around if we do that. Not yet at least.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Completely unrelated to anything we've been talking about, but, I got my wheel about a week ago and this is my first proper try with it. Any comments?

• Winner
Reactions: Thm786

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Completely unrelated to anything we've been talking about, but, I got my wheel about a week ago and this is my first proper try with it. Any comments?
Looks good!
I would suggest you practise to drive in cockpit view. ;) Think all wheel drivers should drive in cockpit view since that is the closest to realism and will be more immersive. :)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Looks good!
I would suggest you practise to drive in cockpit view. ;) Think all wheel drivers should drive in cockpit view since that is the closest to realism and will be more immersive. :)
Yeah I'm currently doing the same as him, and I find it easier to drive in cockpit.

Reactions: Mr AlcoN

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
@Mr AlcoN Did u edit ur message? Cause when I looked at the preview in my emails it said something different.
Haha, its called regret. :p
Decided to go down with the ship instead of stealing a lifejacket. ;)