Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
AOR PC Formula 5 League - Season 14
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
A warm welcome from me everyone, @H_pro1 and I have the honour of being your league coordinators this season. My name is @Thompson aka Thomas and I'm 22 years old. I'm a German with English origin and I work as a car mechanic.
I race using a Logitech G29 racing wheel and a 42" TV. I've been racing in AOR since season 12 and have been playing racing games for about 15 years now. From experience I expect a strong learning curve for myself and hope to be a regular points scorer from the outset. Most important is the racing itself though, wheel to wheel clean and fair battles is what makes these leagues so exciting.
I'm looking forward to this season with familiar and new drivers, so if you have any questions etc, feel free to contact me. :)

Last edited:

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Name Dave, born in Wales but living in London since 1977, Age 49

Driving with Fanatec CSL Elite, Driving cockpit camera no assists.

Raced last season looking forward to a new start

I have been league racing since F1 2013 done some Pcars and Assetto league racing with WTWR, Slipstreamers, CRL, CnC and UKCD, I'm not the fastest by any means but I do take it seriously when league racing try my best to be fair but not a pushover.

I am expecting an awesome season with AOR, and I am so happy the F1 2017 is a reasonable game compared with 2016 I did not get on with 2014 or 2015 so Pcars and Assetto was my choice then.
I look forward to learning and improving myself as an online driver and look forward to racing with old friends and new friends alike.

I can't wait to get started again cheers Kurvz

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Introduction:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

I am H_pro1 (Daniel), I am 18 years old all the way from Finland! I race with a lovely red pad with what I’ve cruised for few years already ;) Kimi Räikkönen FTW ofc and yeah!

I have raced in AOR (F1 only) since Season 9, so I have been around for a while. I haven’t achieved anything major, only wins and podiums here and there. We’ll see what can I pull out this season hehe.

I am hoping for clean and competitive racing throughout the season. Few wins and points here and there would be cool too. I hope to have some nice battles and finish the races with a positive mind.

EL_Sonny

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 9, 2017

Hello guys!, I am EL Sonny (Corné) Im 17 years old and im from The Netherlands. My racing equipment is a thrustmaster T150 and T3PA pedals.

My favourite drivers are: Max Verstappen, Fernando Alonso, Nico Hülkenberg, Esteban Ocon
and the one and only Kimi Räikkönen :p.

This is my very first aor season and im looking forward to it!

My order is last from this league but im doing everything about it to win some races and get podiums :)

Helmetless Stig

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2015
I'm from the USA, and race on a Thrustmaster T300 RS on a cockpit I built myself on a 27" monitor. I hope my distance from most of the other players doesn't affect lag too much. If you guys see me lagging a lot please let me know so I can deal with it.

I had signed up as a reserve driver in S10 on F1 2013 but I had a crap computer so the lag was ridiculous and I dropped out. Now with a pretty good PC I don't think the lag is an issue, so hopefully I can have competitive racing this season. Super excited

#BO77AS

Mr. Biggles

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2017
Hey i am Biggles, 22, English, currently living in oxford for uni.
I use a pad to race as i havent gotten round to buying a wheel due to lack of space and need to spend my money on food.
S13 was my first season. Came 3rd by 4 points last season in the bottom split. Was my first time using no assists apart from RL.
I just wanna be a points contender. Not for the win, just to get some points.
I like doing a race report after each race and wanna hear you guys stories from the race as well so i hope some of you do the same.

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Hi my name is Cameron I'm 17 from England, I use a XBOX 360 controller, my favourite team is Force India and my favourite driver is Hulkenburg.

I have raced in AOR since season 11 with seasons at the front and the back of the grid.

I would like to consistently finish in the top end of the points and have some good clean wheel to wheel racing.

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
My name's Jake or Jacob whichever you prefer, I'm 19 years old, British and living in Scotland for uni. I use an xBox 360 Controller. Favourite team is Force India, but the Sauber this year looks so incredibly good that I have to drive it.

Only S12-S13 of AOR, other than that nothing.

No idea what to expect honestly, I'll be comparing myself to @dragonbone81 and @Mr. Biggles seeing as I was in the same split as them last season. If I had to guess I'd say my aim is for a podium or two throughout the year, and not to crash too much.

kaneshka.gupta

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 22, 2014
Hey! Great to be here and part of AOR for its 14th season. SteamID is GuptaMan, feel free to add me on there as I am quite willing to practice for races with you guys.
22 years old, racing from the USA with my Logitech G27 racing wheel.

FORZA FERRARI!!

This is my second season with AOR, i have raced in season 12 before but had to cut it short due to personal issues.
Quite excited to be back for a whole season.

Looking forward to racing with professional racers, and having a good time on sundays!!

Spedz

Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2017
Hey! My name is Spedz (Alex), I'm 22 and from Newcastle UK. I race with a T150 and T3PA.

None, I'm very excited for this Sunday and the start of this league. I'm looking forward to some clean racing.

My season goals are to get consistent points finishes with at least one pole position time in qualifying. My main goal as far as personal improvement goes is to improve my race pace to be on par with my one lap pace. Hopefully I can end this season with a minimum of 20 points!

kostismv

Pro Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Hello, my name is Kostis (Steam name: clutcha), I am 22 years old and I am from Greece. I use a Logitech F310 gamepad. My favourite driver is Fernando Alonso and I also really like Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo.

This is my first AOR season and first racing league season in general.

Not sure what to expect, hopefully regular points scorer and if some miracle happens even a podium. My main aim is to improve my consistency and pace throught the season and also eventually stop using the racing line.

PwVsVipeR

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 21, 2017
Hey, my name is Nicholas (PwVsVipeR), I'm 18 and I'm from Italy. I'm really excited for this league as it will be my first time racing with a wheel (T150) and not with a gamepad anymore. I watched every F1 race this year with the exception of the Singapore one because I turned the Tv off after the start... Ferrari for life

Last year, I raced in two leagues on Ps4, an Italian one and an international one, so this is my first Aor season and it is also my first F1 with a wheel.

Well... I dont know the pace of the others in this league and I dont really know my pace as well, so I expect to improve in the course of the season and hope to be in the battle for the big points and podiums.

trumpa94

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 25, 2017

Luka from Croatia. 23yo
Just recently bought G920. Last season drove with dreadfull steering wheel.
hmm currently fav team is Ferrari and Vettel bcs they are the only ones that might beat Mercs.

FORZA FERRARI!

Raced half of the last season.

Hope to improve my driving. Not rly worried by results.
My goal is to be consistent and I hope that will be good enough to be a threat in the championship :D

Lewis Samilton

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
Hey guys, my name is Sam (Yop! or Lewis Samilton on Steam). I'm 28, British, and currently live in England.

I race with a Logitech G920 + Stock pedals (I have Fanatec pedals spare if anyone is interested PM me). Fun fact... I use the clutch pedal to brake as I struggle with trail braking with the brake pedal!

I've been following F1 since mid 1990s and have supported a number of different teams & drivers over the years but for now I'm firmly in the Lewis Hamilton camp as you may have noticed by my name :D

I've raced in RaceDepartment leagues (3 or 4 seasons) on past games - F1 2012/3/4 I think. I was quite competitive on the earlier games and I've missed the league racing environment. I'm really excited for Sunday and can't wait to start racing with you guys!

I'm quite competitive therefore the ultimate aim is to win races, but I expect the field to be tight and mainly I'm looking forward to having some close, fair racing and anything after that is a bonus.

Feel free to add me on Steam. Happy to run practice sessions for upcoming races for setup work if people want to? (Discord available as well).

See you all Sunday :)

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Hi everyone, scotchtape20 here. I'm 28 and I'm from Canada. I have both a wheel (T150) and a pad (XB1), but since I've been playing this series on a pad since F1 2010 (and every release each year since then), I'm more comfortable with it than a wheel for this game. Someday I'll make the move, but it's too fast for my brain to process everything haha. For some reason, it's just enough with a pad. Unfortunately, it's too difficult for me to play manual gears (see "brain" reason mentioned before) with a pad, so I have to play with auto-gears which hinders my performance (that I'm aware of). And since locking tyres under braking is "easier" with a pad, I like to know where to brake in corners every time, so racing line is enabled for corners only too. I'm lazy, sorry.

I've been around here since F1 2013 when I joined the league late in season 7 (a long way back) and got humiliated by xMattyg in his commentary of the last race of that season (last and went 1 lap too many on dead tyres in Brazil). Since then, I've participated in almost every season (7, 8, 9, 10 and 12), with season 10 being my best with a win (my only one so far) and 7 podiums (last 3 races don't show on the results screen, so I can't remember how well I did that season). All in all, I've raced in AOR on every game since F1 2013, except 2015 (because it was impossible to drive with a pad).

I don't know actually, this season has a lot of new and fast drivers compared to other seasons (most we ever had on PC was 4 splits... now we have 8 + 2 assists!) so it's kinda up in the air. I've had many issues with new drivers in the past because they're not experienced in the "AOR etiquette", so I'm guessing a couple of head-scratchers will come up in the beginning and smooths itself out during the season. Hopefully I can avoid the chaos of the first corner (I'm watching you Australia/Bahrain/Hungary)!

Raidersky

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 1, 2017
Hi, guys. My name is Szymon and I'm from Poland. I'm 17 years old fan of motosport, not only Formula 1, but WRC, Formula E and others. I use old, but good Driving Force GT.
This is my first time with AOR, but i have lot of experience. My first F1 game is F1 2010, but I racing in online leagues since F1 2013. My previous leagues are only in my country, so it's my first global league. I always was quite competitive, especially on race distance.
I always like to trying new things, so I hoping for good racing. I want to test my skills and get more experience. i hope for good challenge and best results.

Absinth

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
Hi! i'm Damy aka 'Absinth', i'm 21 years old from Belgium. I LOVE F1 and thats why i got the game. I race with controller, but for only 80 hours expierience in this game i think i am learning the game quickly! Just gotta work on my race pace.

Like i said previously, i am new to F1, but i am learning fast. I hope i can improve even more by racing with you guys :)

I hope to get some points and just improve as a driver in general.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Reactions: CameronB and H_pro1

Pwox

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 6, 2017

Hello everyone ! My name is Antonin but you can call me Pwox! I'm 21, from France near Paris. I drive with a DFGT, it's my first wheel since 1 and a half year or something, before that i played with a 360 controller (F1 2013) and before that the keyboard, (F1 2010) we all have to start somewhere, didn't we :D

I'm currently on a french speaker league (but who can accept outsiders of course) which is RSLF1 that i recommend if you really want to commute more into racing games online leagues.

I'm just starting this league a little bit late, so i just hope to be on the top 10 :) (this is why i took a Sauber cause i'm an humble guy you know :cool:)
I don't use any driving assists (Elite) and manual gearbox since this game and i must say i'm very comfortable with it

Anyway, 'im really looking toward Austria tomorrow and met you

Last edited:
Reactions: CameronB and Aladar

Armadeira

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 5, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm german. So here are the pure facts about me without any unnecessary humour:

Name: Armadeira/ Luk
Nationality: german
Career: undergraduate biochemistry
Equipment: Logitech Driving Force GT (near to death)
Experience: No league experience yet
Expectations: Due to changing to cockpit-cam lately and this being my first season in AOR, I just hope to have some nice battles without loosing overview and taking someone out including myself.

Cheers,
Armadeira / Luk

Reactions: CameronB