Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Apperently I need something called GeForce 362.43 driver or later

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Well, in the past downloading a new driver ended up screwing over my pc, which ended up with me restoring windows. I would want to make sure I can download that and not mess up things. Thanks for the link though.
Hmm, weird. There's not really a way to check that other than trying it, so idk if that'd be worth it.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just a FYI, we have a driver in F6 who would prefer to be in F5. So if anyone from F5 feels like you have been placed a bit too high for where you should be, then let me know and we could possible arrange a swap :)

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017

Fbyson

Formula Karter
Sep 6, 2017
@FisiFan91 i know many of the guys of t6 from another league so if this guy wants to swap i'm open for it :) but only if i dont have to drive a ferrari, i cant see the gears properly there :)

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 i know many of the guys of t6 from another league so if this guy wants to swap i'm open for it :) but only if i dont have to drive a ferrari, i cant see the gears properly there :)
We got the switch sorted with another driver, but thanks anyway :)

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Just noticed during the social race that the leaderboard of the session got screwed up because someone crashed on the finish line on purpose. Just to make the job of the coördinator a bit easier: please do not crash on the finish line...

• Agree
Reactions: Jipper

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
An invite order based on next best, next best, next best order also worth considering. Invites went out in batches of five, wait for those players to come in, then the next best 5 and so on.

So if you have a sheet of internet times per driver. Would be good to have Yoan/Me and others all know so You and Yoan don't get spammed from drivers lower down the invite order asking "can I get an invite" with the usual response "Hold on it's coming"

Like this from last season. Stuck next to my monitor

View attachment 45015
Don't mind me stealing your quote @Neil Bywater, just putting this in here as well ;)

I think this really improved the stability of our race lobbies last season.

Also the bit above here which apparently didn't quote or smt. About inviting the backup host first, in case the host connection dies, it will go to the backup host instead of just some random person.

EDIT nr. 100000: We also need to consider if we want backup invites or not. People rejoining can really mess a lobby up (from experience sadly)

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Don't mind me stealing your quote @Neil Bywater, just putting this in here as well ;)

Also the bit above here which apparently didn't quote or smt. About inviting the backup host first, in case the host connection dies, it will go to the backup host instead of just some random person.

EDIT nr. 100000: We also need to consider if we want backup invites or not. People rejoining can really mess a lobby up (from experience sadly)
Lol dont worry mate, we got this, I've been hosting for 2 seasons, league and socials, there's plenty of tricks we can do! i've never had an issue with league races yet barring the common bugs of disconnecting rejoining, You just simply cant avoid that, its a game bug we have to live with it, we cant expect people not to rejoin if they get D/C'd, In the event of multiple D/C's we will restart lobby, and if problems continue move onto the backup host. (y)

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Please make sure you add me on steam,

im missing a few of you,

1523630219428.png

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I got confused for a minute by the car number selection. @Fbyson has chosen 22, but I was sure a real driver in 2017 used that number, which would make number 22 unavailable in the game. Looking at Wikipedia, it showed me part of it is true. 22 was used by Jenson Button. But as he is not in the game, it is available to use...

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014

Credit to @Jay here, he's been running this system since xbox360 days AFAIK.

Oh and as you know. After a few rounds we scrapped backup invites to overcome the known issues. I think for the majority of drivers this was very beneficial, if apparently a bit unfair for the minority with unstable systems or internet connections.

Reactions: Rienk

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Credit to @Jay here, he's been running this system since xbox360 days AFAIK.

Oh and as you know. After a few rounds we scrapped backup invites to overcome the known issues. I think for the majority of drivers this was very beneficial, if apparently a bit unfair for the minority with unstable systems or internet connections.
I rather have everyone be part of everything instead of leaving one person out for something out of their control. We should look out for the minority because the next day we could be that minority

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I rather have everyone be part of everything instead of leaving one person out for something out of their control. We should look out for the minority because the next day we could be that minority
Whatever, that's the problem with the modern world.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
I got confused for a minute by the car number selection. @Fbyson has chosen 22, but I was sure a real driver in 2017 used that number, which would make number 22 unavailable in the game. Looking at Wikipedia, it showed me part of it is true. 22 was used by Jenson Button. But as he is not in the game, it is available to use...
Yeah thats it. Jenson button wasnt in F1 2017 game so the number is free as it is IRL althought i think theres a timeframe between losing the number