PC - AOR PC F6 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F6 League - Main Thread

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @Sgarky has joined the F6 League and will start off as the 2nd reserve driver!

- @Peter05 has joined the F6 League and will start off as the 3rd reserve driver!

(@Ztikes)

Last edited:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Driver Update:

- @Sgarky has joined the F5 League and will start off as the 2nd reserve driver!

- @Peter05 has joined the F5 League and will start off as the 3rd reserve driver!

(@Ztikes)
F5? Hmm seems like we have moved up a split. ;)

All jokes aside, welcome to F6 @Sgarky and @Peter05!
By the looks of it, we've got 2 no-shows today, so @Sgarky you can go ahead and join us tonight, and @Peter05 make sure to be on before the race in case someone can't make it and I'll make sure to invite you to the lobby.
My steam is also: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Ztikes, make sure to add me before the race. :)

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Hey everyone! We are 9 races down and 6 races to go - this season has gone so bloody quick!

During this time it has also come to my attention that some of the rules that we have got here over at the F1 leagues need clarifying - don't worry, that's what I'm here for! ;)

- I have noticed that a few people have been disconnecting from the race before the race has even been over, which has caused some complaints here and there since it does indeed trigger a glitch called "slipstream glitch", which is what it sounds like - it pretty much eliminates slipstream from the lobby which makes overtaking frustrating and a lot harder task. Please read through the following carefully, so you do have some sort of knowledge about it til' next race:

3.4 Quitting the race:

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way (whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car) is notallowed. Regardless of how frustrating your race has been, you should always remain in the lobby until the end of the race. This is because of potential problems caused for other drivers when a car gets abandoned, such as the car driving around as an ghosted AI, the car parking at the side of the track and remaining there for the duration of the race, yellow flags or a safety car being triggered, and other potential connection instability and bugs.

● The above rule can only be ignored in the case of an emergency - such as something important and/or unexpected forcing you to leave your screen, or that you're clearly a danger to other drivers on track due to connection issues or inability to drive properly. Quitting due to being angry at something or having a poor race - rage-quitting, in other words - is not a valid reason.

● If you do have to leave the lobby during the race due to an emergency, you must park your car in a safe spot on track before retiring from the session. This is to avoid your AI car taking over and potentially causing dangerous situations for the other drivers in the race. Drivers who leave the lobby without retiring first will be severely penalised. Note: This does not apply to legitimate disconnections.

- Another thing I have seen is that some people are too quick with pressing buttons here and there. The starting procedure is an example and something that we all have to take note for the next race - Do NOT press start until everyone is ready to go - which I always say on Discord. @LolFish42 has also been very clear about it. Please read this through:

3.2 Lobby etiquette:
● Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.

- Last but not least, I have also seen a couple people retiring from the session while they have been on track during qualifying. Please do the right thing and do the following:

1.5 Qualifying etiquette:

● In qualifying, it is not permitted to retire from the session while you are out on track, as this may cause your AI car to park on or next to the track and hinder or distract other drivers. If you wish to retire from the session, you must do so while in the garage.

Other than that I think that we all have been fairly clean when it comes to the ruling, I just wanted to clarify this for you all since I have seen it being used and abused for the last couple of grand prix's. However - I do hope this clarifies a couple things for you and if you want to know more, go ahead and press the link about more, in-depth rules here: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2017-leagues-season-15.31505/

Also, don't be shy asking me questions via DM or something along those lines, I'm here to help you out. :)

Cheers and thanks for obeying the rules, @Scott_Aitchison @Indigo @csonor @Ronnin1978 @schumizeu @Andrei Ivan @Cheekymunkey78 @Dobby @Sabba7h @Jezza @Synt @Armadeira @Adam Summerfield @Fbyson @SexySpudflaps @Sgarky @Peter05 @LolFish42 @Nutzernutzt @psico @Johan Engberg

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Listen up F6.

I'm tagging all the drivers so there's no showing of favouritism.

I'm getting sick of seeing the arguments, the silly comments, the insults. I'm getting reports of arguing in your F6 server, which you really shouldn't have. There's clearly an atmosphere here. And clearly tensions are rising and some people are getting annoyed with others etc.

Quite frankly, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything. If it means you speak to each other as little as possible then so be it. I appreciate some of you have made complaints, but there's no need to drag it into the forum, AOR Discord, your own discord.

Give it a rest. If you really can't get along at all, then don't talk to each other unless absolutely necessary. Be respectful on and off the track. It's really, really not that difficult.

@Scott_Aitchison @Indigo @Andrei Ivan @schumizeu @Ronnin1978 @csonor @Armadeira @Adam Summerfield @ Psico @Johan Engberg @Ztikes @Cheekymunkey78 @Nutzernutzt @LolFish42 @SexySpudflaps @Fbyson @Jezza @Synt @Dobby @Sabba7h @Sgarky @Peter05

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Driver Update:

- @Sgarky unfortunately had to drop out of the league.

- That means that @Peter05 will take his spot as first reserve.