PC - AOR PC F6 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F6 League - Main Thread

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
AOR PC F6 League - Season 19
Main Thread

1583351859825.png

This is the main thread for the AOR PC F6 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

League Coordinator(s): @Mo#9991
Lobby Host: @exodium
Backup host(s): @Lien Aitken

● Voice Chat: AOR Discord Server (PC leagues only)

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers and teams will be added here after the car selection process has been completed!

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
1. @Jasko5 [Jasko] - Turkish - #93
2. @Skomek [Skomek] - Polish - #?

Scuderia Ferrari
1. @leenvollaard [leenvollaard] - Dutch - #9
2. @Póki [Póki] - Polish - #69

Aston Martin RedBull Racing
1. @Diallo [Diallo] - German - #41
2. @BosslyGaming [BosslyGaming] - British - #19

Racing Point BWT Mercedes
1. @ZaneFast [ZaneFast] - Romanian - #14
2. @Rgm12345 [Rgm12345] - British - #15

ROKiT Williams Racing
1. @Karzolia [Karzolia] - British - #97
2. @eyjafjallajökull [Eyjafjallajökull] - German - #73

Renault F1 Team
1. @Kippetje [Kippetje] - Dutch - #89
2. @Lien Aitken [Lien Aitken] - English - #49

Scuderia Toro Rosso
1. @Millsy [Millsy_TV] - English - #80
2. @MrPacsi [Faller Pal] - Hungarian - #?

Haas F1 Team
1. @SLI [SLI] - Danish - #64
2. @progsa98 [progsa98] - Austrian - #31

McLaren
1. @exodium [twitch.tv/exodium] - German - #2
2. @Bobino12 [BOBINO12] - Canadian - #12

Alfa Romeo Racing
1. @Maverickisonline [Maverick] - French - #21
2. @yohann [yoyo3701] - French - #4

Reserves
1. @Cboland [Cboland99] - English - #?
2. @Ronnin1978 [ronnin1978] - Romanian - #78
3. @GiMP [GiMP] - Slovakian - #?
4. @cpat407 [cpat407] - German - #?

Last edited:

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017

Now that I got you all here, and I'll avoid pinging (mentioning/notifying) you all like this in the future, buuuut given I am American, it's likely not ideal for me to be the lobby host. That being said, I am looking for a host and a backup host. I'll, of course, be online at the time the lobby opens and will be able to invite you all, but yeah if I can get a European to open the lobby that'd be ideal :D:D lemme know if you're capable of doing such a thing. You would just need to open the lobby about 10-15 minutes before the start time.

Edit: Got me a host - thanks @exodium :). Just need a backup host now.
Edit 2: And done, thank you @Lien Aitken

OH also add me on steam! https://steamcommunity.com/id/mo_9991/

Last edited:

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
im happy to do it. i have fast fiber and i decent rig. a picture of my internet is in my main sign up post.
im looking forward to a good season and hoping its a clean one. it seems like theres a few of us have a simlar pace, so theres plenty of battles to come.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Right... a couple of housekeeping things to go through and some reminders to make sure you all are aware of some very important rules ahead of Sunday's race.

First, an update. Everyone has been assigned a team, so see the Car Selection thread to confirm which team you are driving for, as well as your which number you've been granted.
Second, below are some very important rules as well as information about the Discord Voice Chat. Please skim through it, and let me know if you have any questions...

Important Rules
3.2 Lobby etiquette:

● Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.
3.4 Quitting the race:

● Deliberately retiring your car is heavily discouraged as we would like all drivers to make it to the end of the race, however, we understand situations can happen where running around for the rest of the laps would be needless. If you do have to retire your car during the race for any reason, you must drive back to the pit lane and retire your car while in the pits. This is to avoid major issues such as your AI car slowing down or parking in a dangerous place on track, or an unnatural safety car being triggered.

● You are fully responsible for your car's actions even if you leave the session / retire the car. If your AI causes crashes or brings out a Safety Car, you will be given a reprimand. You have been warned.
5. Participation:

5.1 Missing races:

● If you are unable to attend a race, you have to give notice for your absence before the race starts. This is done by informing your League Coordinator of your situation, either by sending them a private message or by making a post in the official race thread in your league's forum section. It is your responsibility to make sure the Coordinator gets your message.

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, a proper reason should be given for why you can't attend. No-showing a race because you don't like the track or other similar reasons are not accepted and will be marked as an uninformed absence.

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, it must be you who contact the Coordinator, not a friend or fellow member of the league. Additionally, sufficient notice should be given. Generally, we will consider 30 minutes before the race as sufficient notice. Letting the Coordinator know just before the race or after the race will be marked down as uninformed absence unless an acceptable reason is given.

● If you get marked for an uninformed absence, you will be given a reprimand. As per the reprimand system (see section 6.4), accumulating 3 reprimands leads to being removed from the league and placed on the blacklist.

● If a driver is persistently failing to turn up to races, even if they are informing their absences, their coordinator and the F1 Team may look at reviewing their position in the league for the remainder of the season. It may be that, if no change is possible, a driver may be placed on the reserve list instead of a full-time seat. If a driver goes through an extended absence period but will be returning back to full activity, this is acceptable and no action will be taken.

● Getting another driver to race under your name is prohibited and will result in serious punishment.

Rules' Summary
Simple lobby etiquette, DO NOT CLICK READY. When on the grid, before the formation lap, only the host should click ready. After anyone presses ready, there's a 30-second countdown, and this should only be started when everyone is truly ready, or about a minute or so has gone by.

The quitting the race bit is simply saying, "don't do it, but if you do you will be punished for doing it on track." If you retire in the pit, like ur supposed to, don't leave, but if you HAVE to leave, don't leave until you enter spectator mode! Dang safety car gets triggered sometimes if these steps aren't followed correctly, DO NOT EFFECT THE RACE IF YOU ARE QUITTING IT.

The participation bit is making sure I am notified and aware of which drivers are racing for the current week. If you skip 3 times in a row or without telling anyone or have a valid reason, there are some consequences that will follow. Simply if you are not racing, send me a private message or post it in the current week's race thread.

A link to the full rules can be found in the OP of this thread, or you can click this link, https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2019-leagues-season-19.63107/

Discord Voice Chat
Besides the rules bit, if you're interested in being in a voice chat during the race, and are unaware of the discord server, there is a voice chat available for our split. If you do join, it is expected to be silent during the race and qualifying. Here is the link, https://discord.gg/27TRwuU , See the #game-assignment channel, then the #f1-assignment channel to give yourself permissions to join the voice channel.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Right, quick and final warning to the split for clicking ready on the grid. The rules of AOR state you can receive a Repreminand for "Pressing the start button early between sessions (after an initial warning) (if proven)"

Reprimands are not ideal to be received I'd suggest checking up on the rules and to avoid earning them.

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
1. @Jasko5 [Jasko] - Turkish - #93
2. @Mo#9991 [Mo#9991] - American - #36

Scuderia Ferrari
1. @Ligenz [ligenz] - Polish - #13
2. @leenvollaard [leenvollaard] - Dutch - #9

Aston Martin RedBull Racing
1. @Diallo [Diallo] - German - #41
2. @Sam Penfold [S a m] - British - #32

Racing Point BWT Mercedes
1. @ZaneFast [ZaneFast] - Romanian - #14
2. @Rgm12345 [Rgm12345] - British - #15

ROKiT Williams Racing
1. @Karzolia [Karzolia] - British - #97
2. @eyjafjallajökull [Eyjafjallajökull] - German - #73

Renault F1 Team
1. @Kippetje [Kippetje] - Dutch - #89
2. @Lien Aitken [Lien Aitken] - English - #49

Scuderia Toro Rosso
1. @Bobino12 [BOBINO12] - Canadian - #12
2. @Millsy [Millsy_TV] - English - #80

Haas F1 Team
1. @SLI [SLI] - Danish - #64
2. @progsa98 [progsa98] - Austrian - #31

McLaren
1. @Ronnin1978 [ronnin1978] - Romanian - #78
2. @exodium [twitch.tv/exodium] - German - #2

Alfa Romeo Racing
1. @Maverickisonline [Maverick] - French - #21
2. @yohann [yoyo3701] - French - #4

Reserves
1. @Cboland [Cboland99] - English

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Driver update

@Falicsi will join this split as a reserve driver.
@Mo#9991 will be your coordinator for this season. Please make sure to add @exodium and @Lien Aitken on Steam, so they can send you invites for races. @Mo will be able to tell you if and when you'll be able to drive.

If you have any questions related to this split, please contact @Mo#9991.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Reminder
We are on a scheduled break week. We will resume in America on the 19th of April.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Public Status Announcement
The steward's panel saw a wave of inquiries throughout the F1 leagues yesterday. Our split specifically hasn't been dirty by any means, but keep in mind a major focus for these races is to race cleanly amongst competitive drivers. This involves reserving some talent to side with caution and not bravery or ambition.

I'm guilty of this myself. I have gone for moves that I want to believe I can make happen, but in reality, I'm simply not at that level yet. Of course, we are all going to make mistakes, but limiting the occurrence of these mistakes in league races should be a priority.

I and the stewards of AOR appreciate your on-track decisions to avoid causing incidents. :)

-

I think there was some saying I heard once... Good drivers aren't the ones that don't cause incidents, they're the ones that don't get involved in incidents that other drivers cause... or something... The ability to not get caught up in incidents is the true talent. :D just be careful, lol

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
Public Status Announcement
The steward's panel saw a wave of inquiries throughout the F1 leagues yesterday. Our split specifically hasn't been dirty by any means, but keep in mind a major focus for these races is to race cleanly amongst competitive drivers. This involves reserving some talent to side with caution and not bravery or ambition.

I'm guilty of this myself. I have gone for moves that I want to believe I can make happen, but in reality, I'm simply not at that level yet. Of course, we are all going to make mistakes, but limiting the occurrence of these mistakes in league races should be a priority.

I and the stewards of AOR appreciate your on-track decisions to avoid causing incidents. :)

-

I think there was some saying I heard once... Good drivers aren't the ones that don't cause incidents, they're the ones that don't get involved in incidents that other drivers cause... or something... The ability to not get caught up in incidents is the true talent. :D just be careful, lol
i couldnt agree more there. i think it the most stewards action iv ever seen. il happilly put my serivces forward to help get through some. A good saying iv heard is, to win a race you must first finnish and most importantly dont battle hard, battle smart. but we all make silly mistakes.why not let someone divebomb you and set up your exit. they are after all going to be slower out being on a tighter line. or take them at the next corner.

Reactions: Bobino12

Sam Penfold

S18 AOR PC F12 Champion
Nov 28, 2017
Monza will be my last league race on F1 2019, I will be withdrawing with immediate effect.
I don't spend any time practicing this game and I'm enjoying the racing on other titles more.

• Sad
Reactions: Lien Aitken

Falicsi

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 31, 2019
Now that i have become the Ferrari's driver, i would like to retire from the season. It was really nice 2 races. See you all in f1 2020.

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
well that was a horrid race. got squeuqed off track in the opening laps causeing loads of others damage. when i get back on track and make some milsy decides to go ultra defensive (every right to do) in the fist 10 laps to loose us both huge amounts of time and no chance of catching the leaders, and when i get past he dive bombs. finally get past again and then my wing gets broken fom defy diveboming from the pits t1. and to top it off obs just recoreded a few pictures.

Reactions: Millsy

Millsy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2020
well that was a horrid race. got squeuqed off track in the opening laps causeing loads of others damage. when i get back on track and make some milsy decides to go ultra defensive (every right to do) in the fist 10 laps to loose us both huge amounts of time and no chance of catching the leaders, and when i get past he dive bombs. finally get past again and then my wing gets broken fom defy diveboming from the pits t1. and to top it off obs just recoreded a few pictures.
I was ahead by a few seconds until lap 6 then my tires died, and I was protecting position till lap 9 where I pitted. The divebomb was so accidental, the DRS gave me so much overspeed and broke to late. But unlucky with OBS man, it is very glitchy

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
I was ahead by a few seconds until lap 6 then my tires died, and I was protecting position till lap 9 where I pitted. The divebomb was so accidental, the DRS gave me so much overspeed and broke to late. But unlucky with OBS man, it is very glitchy
i understand this may sound bitter and i dont meean it to sound like it. but youll loose more time battling a faster driver behind you at that point in the race. i had some great battles from 14 to you and the battleing destroyed both our chances to get higher possitions in the race as we lost so much time. my tyres were great and i knew you were struggling but you deffended well. but in my veiw it was the wrong thing to do. you could of used the slip stream behind me to get some time back you were loosing in the corners. then you would of caught up people in front and could of let me open doors for you, or take advantage of me trying to get past and make 1 or 2 places. if you werent sliding into the corners i wouldnt of had to get past you and i would of just followed. unfortunately that t1 cost me any salvasion of my race. it litrally went to the best racing iv had in aor to the most dissapointing lol. its a shame obs was so S*** as i dont know who smashed me out at the start of the race causeing havoc all the way behind. if anyone has any footage please let me know. also im looking for a new screen caputre softwear if anyone knows of one.

Millsy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2020
Yeah I know, I had a compound harder tyre and that penatly just put me in the trap of the battle, without it would of been a bit further down the road right ! Really was t1 havoc then, I just crawled through and avoided it. I use streamlabs obs and it's usually pretty good. Btw most drivers have been commenting about each race on the specific race thread, so more people might see it there and could hand over some footage ? @Lien Aitken

Reactions: Lien Aitken

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Driver update

@MrPacsi and @BosslyGaming will be moved from F4 to this split.
@Mo#9991 will be your coordinator for the remainder of this season. Please make sure to add @exodium and @Lien Aitken on Steam, so they can send you invites for races.

If you have any questions related to this split, please contact @Mo#9991.

Last edited:
Reactions: BosslyGaming