PC - AOR PC F7 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F7 League - Main Thread

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
AOR PC F7 League - Season 15
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR PC F7 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator(s): @TheVerenzak
Lobby Host: @yoan97222
Backup host(s): @Neil Bywater - @Sjoelbakkie

● Voice Chat: AOR Discord Server

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers and teams will be added here after the car selection process has been completed!

Mercedes
1. @Clint58 - Clint58 - Irish - #58
2. @R4NCE - R4NCE - British - #75

Red Bull
1. @Taz - tR_Taz - British - #
2. @return - return - Dutch - #48

Ferrari
1. @LukeBin010 - LukeBin010 - Italian - #10
2. @fxruppert - fxruppert - Luxembourgian - #71

Force India
2. @WotMaster345 - WotMaster345 - Slovakian - #88

Williams
1. @BDave17 - AOR BDave17 - Hungarian - #29
2. @KaarliZ - KaarliZ - Finnish - #35

McLaren
1. @TheVerenzak - TheVerenzak - Dutch - #98
2. @Levingston - Levingston - Turkish - #15

Toro Rosso
1. @JSR - JSR - English - #6
2. @TeunVis - Teunvis - Dutch - #66

Haas
1. @Neil Bywater - Neil Bywater #38 - English - #38
2. @tYsU^ - tYsU^ - Polish - #23

Renault
1. @yoan97222 - Yoan Chodema - French - #4
2. @Sjoelbakkie - ♡Sjoelbakkie - Dutch - #51

Sauber
1. @Erzkbl9 - Erzbkl9 - German - #28
2. @Pirate - Marco the Rapper - German - #69

Reserves
1. @Ranger - Ranger - Irish - # - permanent reserve
2. @ulukbek - ulukbek8 - Austrian - #25 - permanent reserve
3. @Kane Jr - kanejr00 - American - #99 - permanent reserve

Last edited by a moderator:

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello guys!

Welcome to Season 15 F7!
I hope you're all happy with where you have been placed and we will have a nice season ahead of us.
We've got a nice mix of old faces (literally and figuratively) and some guys who are new to AOR!

I'll be your coordinator for this season, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them. If you can't make it to a race, for whatever reason please message me so I know and you won't be given a reprimand for a 'non-informed no-show'. I'm also the one to blame if something goes wrong ;)

Why don't you introduce yourself to the rest of the group in the introduction thread? Would be nice to know who we're racing with for the coming couple of weeks.
While you're at it, also don't forget to let us know your car and number preferences in the Car and Number Selection thread. There's a priority list, but you can just put in your preferences and I will get it sorted :)

Don't forget our first race is this sunday already! Take a look at the race thread! The thread with the Results and Standings will be up soon as well, probably around the weekend.

Let's have a good, fair season! I hope to see you all on track this sunday!

@Levingston @Neil Bywater @Poetic D @yoan97222 @Clint58 @Kane Jr @LukeBin010 @Sjoelbakkie @ulukbek @return @BDave17 @Pirate @blakey748 @Janaynay @KaarliZ @WotMaster345 @Erzkbl9 @R4NCE @Popsu

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask that but.. what do you think guys if we arrange a practice session all together in the next days? I think it could be fun and usefull.
EDIT: Ok I think I had to write this on the Australian GP thread.. @TheVerenzak sorry

Reactions: TheVerenzak

Erzkbl9

S3 AOR PC F2 Sprint Champion
Feb 1, 2018
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask that but.. what do you think guys if we arrange a practice session all together in the next days? I think it could be fun and usefull.
EDIT: Ok I think I had to write this on the Australian GP thread.. @TheVerenzak sorry
There are social race, starting today, to pracitce for the upcoming race. Even though i would take part in an practice session primary for driver out of this league, if there are enough guys participating. I dont know the rules on arraning a social race, but it might also be possible to pre organize the race here to get the guys out of this league in first and then open a social race thread to fill up the grid.

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
No problem Luke, here is fine aswell :)

I’m all for organizing a little practice sometime before the race, eventhough I’m only available on thursday this week.

@Erzkbl9 Anyone is free to organize a social, just use the template the others use. I think there’s also a small guide on the page that explains it. I believe last season there were socials every wednesday, thursday & saturday. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s gonna continue this season :)

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
Yeah I know there are socials but I think that about 45-any minutes all together in a free practice would be much more fun and usefull maybe because we are all of the same league. Anyway I think tomorrow could fit for me too @TheVerenzak. Let's see what other guys think about that.. It is not necessary this week, it would be great even the next for bahrain I guess.

Erzkbl9

S3 AOR PC F2 Sprint Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Yeah I know there are socials but I think that about 45-any minutes all together in a free practice would be much more fun and usefull maybe because we are all of the same league. Anyway I think tomorrow could fit for me too @TheVerenzak. Let's see what other guys think about that.. It is not necessary this week, it would be great even the next for bahrain I guess.
i gonna take part in the social race tomorrow 8pm UK time, so for me would be a practice session before the social race helpfull. Still trying to get my race recorded without lag in-game, so i might be available as well for a spontaneous practice session during the rest of the week @LukeBin010

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've gone through everyone's internet speeds to see who's best fit to be lobby host, luckily we've got multiple people with very good internet speed and a central location.

@yoan97222 probably has the best internet - so I'll put you down as main host if you don't mind.
@Neil Bywater, @Sjoelbakkie & @return is it alright if I put you down as back-ups?
Or has any of you had experience hosting, either good or bad?

• Agree
Reactions: yoan97222

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I've gone through everyone's internet speeds to see who's best fit to be lobby host, luckily we've got multiple people with very good internet speed and a central location.

@yoan97222 probably has the best internet - so I'll put you down as main host if you don't mind.
@Neil Bywater, @Sjoelbakkie & @return is it alright if I put you down as back-ups?
No problem.

Split 7 last season was Yoan with me first invite to have a secure second host if Yoan ever disconnect. I think it worked very robustly.

An invite order based on next best, next best, next best order also worth considering. Invites went out in batches of five, wait for those players to come in, then the next best 5 and so on.

So if you have a sheet of internet times per driver. Would be good to have Yoan/Me and others all know so You and Yoan don't get spammed from drivers lower down the invite order asking "can I get an invite" with the usual response "Hold on it's coming"

Like this from last season. Stuck next to my monitor

15236246399541058431255.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: yoan97222

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
No problem.

Split 7 last season was Yoan with me first invite to have a secure second host if Yoan ever disconnect. I think it worked very robustly.

An invite order based on next best, next best, next best order also worth considering. Invites went out in batches of five, wait for those players to come in, then the next best 5 and so on.

So if you have a sheet of internet times per driver. Would be good to have Yoan/Me and others all know so You and Yoan don't get spammed from drivers lower down the invite order asking "can I get an invite" with the usual response "Hold on it's coming"

Like this from last season. Stuck next to my monitor

View attachment 45015
Ah good idea!
I'll check everyone's speed again, and make a sheet like that.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Oh. The sort order as you can see was primarily ping.

The bottom batch of drivers in white were reserves, in their usual reserve order, and their speeds don't really matter unless they get promoted to a full drive.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017

Yeah I´m okay with that ;) haven't had any hosting issues so far.

Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Where abouts do we see the drivers standings?
Usually I do them immediately after the race, but we haven't received the Google Spreadsheets yet. So they'll either be there later tonight (small chance) or sometime tomorrow (definitely).

R4NCE

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 9, 2018
Usually I do them immediately after the race, but we haven't received the Google Spreadsheets yet. So they'll either be there later tonight (small chance) or sometime tomorrow (definitely).
alright thanks for letting me know :)