PC - AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 1 & 2 - Silverstone GP - 23/05/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 1 & 2 - Silverstone GP - 23/05/16 @ 8:00pm

IGCtci

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 23, 2015
Hey guys, just so I am clear, we only need to save the default set up for the track we are racing that week? I have started racing this car in another community and I really don't want to mess around to much with overwriting and redoing set ups I use on every track.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys, just so I am clear, we only need to save the default set up for the track we are racing that week?
Yeah, that's right.

Also, I don't think you actually need to overwrite your saved custom setup unless you want to* - as long as you have saved ANY setup for that track (default or not), I believe it should give you the full fuel tank when you get into the online session with default setup enforced.

*Unless joining an online session with default setups locked automatically overwrites your previously saved setup, which I'm not sure about.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Also, I don't think you actually need to overwrite your saved custom setup unless you want to* - as long as you have saved ANY setup for that track (default or not), I believe it should give you the full fuel tank when you get into the online session with default setup enforced.

*Unless joining an online session with default setups locked automatically overwrites your previously saved setup, which I'm not sure about.
With that said, I guess you're gonna have to overwrite it anyway if you want to do offline practice with the default setup! So yeah... :p

IGCtci

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 23, 2015
With that said, I guess you're gonna have to overwrite it anyway if you want to do offline practice with the default setup! So yeah... :p
Yes I just don't want to have to overwrite all tracks. 1 by 1 I can save to another track and then replace them again after the race. Thanks for the advice.

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
You should all now have a PM with the server/teamspeak details for this season. If you don't have it, let me know!

Also, make sure you have read this before the race.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just a note to the reserve drivers, to clarify your role. Unfortunately as reserve drivers you are not guaranteed a spot in the races by default. Instead, you will be invited to race if any of the 24 main drivers are unable to attend. If 1 spot becomes available the 1st reserve (@SteveRogers) will be given an invite, if 2 spots become available the 2nd reserve (@Scooby44) will also be given an invite, if 3 spots become available the 3rd reserve (@Paradyski) will also be given an invite, etc.

Ahead of each race I will try to keep you updated if spots become available. This is why it's important that the main drivers inform us in advance if they can't attend a race, but unfortunately it can happen that someone no-shows unannounced in which case we won't know about the open spot until qualifying actually starts.

For tonight, we have one driver who has confirmed that they won't attend, meaning that @SteveRogers is guaranteed a place in the race. However we also have a driver who has yet to confirm his league spot, whom I've given a deadline of 4pm today to do so, so if he doesn't do that, @SteveRogers will be "promoted" to a main driver, @Scooby44 to the 1st reserve (meaning you would get to race tonight) and @Paradyski to the 2nd reserve (unfortunately meaning that you still need another no-show to get in).

I hope this made sense lol :)

PS: I will ask that if you don't have a confirmed place in the race, please also do not join the practice session either. This is because based on experience, the race lobby and/or replay file can get a bit buggy if people join and then leave the server again before the scheduled sessions have finished.

• Informative
Reactions: DonSeri

estebano

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2016
You should all now have a PM with the server/teamspeak details for this season. If you don't have it, let me know!

Also, make sure you have read this before the race.
I did that and I get 79 liter for free practice (1 hour) and race (19 laps), is it ok? I think not and that I must hace 110l of fuel...

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I did that and I get 79 liter for free practice (1 hour) and race (19 laps), is it ok? I think not and that I must hace 110l of fuel...
Check and see what you get for qualifying. If you get the same for all the sessions that should be correct.

Maybe it's 79L it gives you and not actually the full tank. I got that as well. Can anyone else confirm that you also get 79L added after doing this procedure?

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Check and see what you get for qualifying. If you get the same for all the sessions that should be correct.

Maybe it's 79L it gives you and not actually the full tank. I got that as well. Can anyone else confirm that you also get 79L added after doing this procedure?
I get exactly 80L when leaving the garage in every session and at the start of the race.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
can we also make sure that in quali everyone returns to the pits by pressing the pauze button (i guess everyone does that anyway) because when you take the pitstraight you end up with a faster laptime then when u follow the track

estebano

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2016
can we also make sure that in quali everyone returns to the pits by pressing the pauze button (i guess everyone does that anyway) because when you take the pitstraight you end up with a faster laptime then when u follow the track
Really? LOL How much faster?

I do that as you said, btw

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If you see me on pole, you know why :D

• Funny
Reactions: estebano

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
the problem with silverstone is that you basicly avoid the chicane and last corner when you go to pit.. if your pit is in right part of the paddock you can get faster lap times... not sure if it counts seeing as its an AI driving the car when entering pit but it was a problem back in the F1 games from codies and back then the CODS said it was illegal and against the rules so if any1 see any1 do it report them as its basicly cutting

• Informative

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Really - that's a thing on this game as well!? I seem to remember that could also be done on some of the old Codies F1 games lol.

So yeah guys - in qualifying, if you're going to abort your run and return to the pits, do it via the pause button (as I assume most do anyway) rather than driving back into the pit lane. If anyone posts a stupidly fast lap time due to taking the pit entry, it will surely be quite obvious, and will lead to them being disqualified from that race (unless you do it accidentally, in which case you can drop yourself safely down to the back of the field in the race in order to avoid a DSQ).

SteveRogers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2014
Actually I don't think that's a problem on this game since the finish line is further away on the pit straight than it is on the F1 games, so I believe you lose time rather than gain.

• Agree

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
Race 1:
Qualy went okay.. couldnt really find a proper gab and when i did someone always ended up being right in front of me costing me time but oh well...
Race itself started rather well.. didnt get the best start but kept up and avoided all the chaos...
the race was rather quiet.. was alone most of the time.. had a few moments but managed a 6th...

Race 2:
Qualy went okay again... really i just wanted to avoid the chaos i knew would be in start.. managed to do that again... sorta...
race was kinda boring again but managed to almost spin it on the end allowing IGC to get close but i managed to keep him away with what was left of my rims...

there.. you happy @Gxbbs

• Kappa
Reactions: FisiFan91 and Gxbbs

t0daY

Reigning AOR PC Formula Renault 3.5 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 7, 2016
Well here we go! :D

First race was a disaster for me although I qualified 4th behind @AJ. Start was quite good, managed to overtake @AJ right in the beginning and was going side by side with @FisiFan91 through turn 1. We slightly touched (sorry for that!) but everything went well. Then I forgot to turn off the DRS before Maggots and lost it completly... Back to P7 or P8 but luckily no damage... Managed to fight back to P6 and had a little battle with @estebano but it would not take for long. On the old S/F line we went side by side and we both touched and I went straight into the wall and lost a wheel, GAME OVER :(
We both turned at the exact same time slightly bit towards each other, so nobody to blame here!

Second race I started from P3 directly behind @RC_MoNsteR_99. Our starts went perfect and we both managed to overtake @FisiFan91 before turn 1. Pedro and I had from lap 1 till the end a constant battle for position. That was brilliant mate!
Last lap, Pedro did a slight mistake at copse and I was like a second in front of him. My head was already thinking "I got this, yes baby" - karma would strike back immediately. I watched for 1ms in the rearview mirror and it happened! Screwed up Maggots and got a 5 second penalty... Threw the victory completly away but I was still able to finish 2nd ahead of @FisiFan91.
Intense battle, can't wait for Monza :) :)

Congratz to both winners @RC_MoNsteR_99 and @FisiFan91 :) :)

Race 1 - POV (Race starts at 33:20)

Race 2 - POV (Race starts at 27:20)