PC - AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 13 & 14 - Hockenheim - 04/07/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 13 & 14 - Hockenheim - 04/07/16 @ 8:00pm

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 13 & 14 - Hockenheim GP
Formula Renault 3.5 - Season 1

Race Information:
Car class: Formula Renault 3.5
Race date: 04/07/2016
Lobby opens: 7:00pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Practice: 60 minutes
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Feature Race: 21 Laps
- Sprint Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Sprint Race: 11 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Reactions: t0daY

t0daY

Reigning AOR PC Formula Renault 3.5 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 7, 2016
Finally! Hockenheim! My actual home track because I live 30 minutes away from the track and I used to be track marshall there :) :) Maximum Attack on the loveliest track in this season!

My active times as a marshall. Usually I was at turn 12 on the left side before entering the motodrome.

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
i wont be there for this race or the last one in a week either :D

thanks for a nice season guys

• Friendly
Reactions: AJ

StelingDk

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I will not be able to race tonight, since i need to get early up tomorrow, GL tonight guys

Hideaki

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 10, 2016
I'm sorry about the late notice guys but I'm not going to be able to make this race either as something personal has come up.

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone gets a clean race.

• Informative
Reactions: Gxbbs

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Alright guys, just want to once again remind you all to take it particularly easy on lap 1 tonight. The first corner at Hockenheim is very challenging despite there not being a big braking zone, as it is pretty high speed and requires a lot of awareness if you enter it side by side with someone. The sausage kerb on the inside is very likely to spin you around if you hit it, and the kerb on the outside will catch the floor of your car if you go over it. So basically, if you're side by side with someone through there, be sure to leave them enough room either on the inside or outside so that they are not forced to go on either of those kerbs.

Then there's the massive braking zone for the hairpin at the end of the straight, where disasters will happen if you miss your braking point. So basically, stay focused, and don't miss your braking point... that'd be nice!

Additionally, I'd like to remind you about the post I made ahead of last week's race. If you didn't read it then, read it now, as most of the stuff in there applies just as much tonight:
Some things I want to point out ahead of tonight:

As you all are well aware of, throughout the first weeks of this league we have consistently suffered quite a few incidents in the races, particularly on the first lap. This is no major surprise in a sense, considering how little contact is required to spin or damage these cars, and the difficulty of 24 drivers going through tight corners close together without anyone putting a foot wrong for even a split-second. However, in a hope of at least improving this a bit, I want to remind you all about the rules of clean racing that we all agreed to upon signing up.

First of all, taking it easy at the start - and throughout the race in general - is especially important tonight as we are arriving at what I find to be the most difficult circuit we've been at so far. You got a track that is narrow all the way around, with gravel traps just outside the track edge, with several bumps that could throw the car off if you're not careful, and of course the infamous Corkscrew which is one of the trickiest single corners in the world. It's a track that requires a lot of concentration, awareness and car control for the full duration of the races.

On this note, I would like to remind you about the 3 main rules of clean racing:
1.1 Clean racing:

Race cleanly at all times. No contact should occur between cars on track, and as a driver you are required to do your best to avoid this from happening. Accidents can happen, but if you are at fault for causing a collision, you are likely to be penalised.
1.2 Overtaking:

Don't be too aggressive when trying to overtake. As the chasing car, it is generally your responsibility to not make contact with the car in front.
1.3 Defending:

Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed. When defending from another car, choose a line on the track and stick to it. Do not force a chasing car off the track by leaving it too little room. If the attacking car is alongside you going into a corner (generally if the attacking car's front wheels is alongside the defending car's rear wheels), you must adjust your line to avoid contact.
As well as some of the pointers on Spacial Awareness:
1.6 Spacial Awareness

Unlike other racing games, Project CARS does not have any assists to let you know when a car is in close proximity to yours. There are no arrows like on the F1 games and no spotter like on iRacing. Being aware of where another car is majorly important in a race so taking extra care is important both at the start of a race and in battles.

The Formula Renault 3.5 is a very delicate car to drive. The slightest contact can cause extensive suspension damage or the loss of a wheel. Therefore, extreme caution must be exercised at the start of a race or when attempting an overtake.

If you go off the track, rejoin in a manner that is both safe and in no way a danger to other competitors.
Next, please also remember the rule about Qualifying Etiquette. After last week we had to award penalty points to 2 drivers who were being unnecessarily impatient and caused incidents in qualifying. So please be aware of the below:
1.5 Qualifying etiquette:

In qualifying, it is your own responsibility to find free space on the track when starting a hot lap. A car on a hot lap does not have to yield for a faster car approaching from behind. If you are on an in- or out-lap, however, you have to let faster cars pass you without blocking them. If you are on a fast lap approaching a slow car, be sure to find the safest way around as possible. Failure to do so could lead to an incident and ruining the other driver's lap.
Finally, even if everyone is trying their very best to follow these guidelines and avoid making contact, there is always a chance that mistakes can happen. But if you do get taken out by someone in the races, and it's clearly the other driver's fault for being too aggressive or making a mistake, report it to the stewards panel with video evidence or a constructive explanation of what happened. This is the best way to let people learn from their mistakes, and to allow us to get a proper view of which drivers are consistently at fault for causing collisions.

I expect you all to read through this before the races tonight, and of course as you should all know since you agreed to this upon signing up, the full set of rules can be found here. With all that said, I hope we can have a good event tonight with as little drama as possible. Thanks.
See you on the track!

@R.Macieira @Paradyski @WarnTyre @Jozzers @Andy92 @Francesco Cinque @StelingDk @Viceguy @AJ @MrDBZLiker @t0daY @FlyingKman @RC_MoNsteR_99 @Ricciardo @estebano @Dibbdroid @ElNano @Gxbbs @Hideaki @SteveRogers @Ghovand Keanie @seri @Suki136 @Lukas Fritsche @AOR Adrenaline

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
the default set-ups on these cars, makes this track tricky. The Mercedes complex is hard to push. the car spins for me all the time at turn 10.

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
Hi guys, i know that is a little late but i can´t race today i got problems with my computer and don´t have enough time to fix it and race...
I´m sorry for any inconvenience...
Hope everything goes fine for the season finale

frankodrose

F1 Champion
Jun 13, 2016
I don't belive it I have been again disconected...no luck :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1467660120][/DOUBLEPOST]Can somebody tell me when the main race finishes so I can join thanks

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Wow wow wow just wow.....still notthing changed.... @Gxbbs was even crashed out before turn 1 in race 1.... I suggest everyone install the crewchief app so you have a spotter function...maybe that helps with all the crashing :)

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Wow wow wow just wow.....still notthing changed.... @Gxbbs was even crashed out before turn 1 in race 1.... I suggest everyone install the crewchief app so you have a spotter function...maybe that helps with all the crashing :)
I'm glad someones has seen how much luck I have :rofl:

Stokemon

Formula Karter
May 30, 2016
Well I had a shocker tonight.

Particularly race 2 where I crashed avoiding @seri going wide. Was chasing hard!