PC - AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 3 & 4 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP - 30/05/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 3 & 4 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP - 30/05/16 @ 8:00pm

estebano

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2016
I don't know why but race 1 I crossed the finish line 4th but clasif. I was 5th. I think @frejo can tell that' s true.

Btw apologies to @Viceguy, i need to review the replay tho

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well, my races were actually clean - surprisingly I guess, considering it sounded like there were tornadoes ripping through the field behind me at times.

Once again had horrible starts off the line though, which @RC_MoNsteR_99 helped me discover might be due to automatic clutch being enabled for me, which I wasn't aware of. So I guess we'll see how much of a difference that makes next week.

Had some pretty good battles tonight - mainly with @StelingDk for a while in the first race, and then I think both @StelingDk and @estebano at the start of the second. And apart from the race starts I think I managed to achieve the maximum that I could from the two races - @t0daY was just too fast out in the lead (well done btw!) and in the 2nd race I wasn't quick enough to catch up to @RC_MoNsteR_99 even though I managed to close the gap a bit. So to finish 2nd and 3rd, on the podium in both races, is not bad, and hopefully means I am still leading the championship :nailbiting:

With that said, there were also some negatives from tonight which I need to bring up, but that shall wait until it's no longer my birthday...

Reactions: PedroRC and t0daY

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
I don't know why but race 1 I crossed the finish line 4th but clasif. I was 5th. I think @frejo221 can tell that' s true.

Btw apologies to @Viceguy, i need to review the replay tho
Yeap, something strange happened there. You were ahead of me across the finish line. So unless there are penalty's or something that I'm not aware of in this game it must have been a bug? The indicators for which position I was in started to "flicker" and not make sense on the straight down to the last corner, is this usual? It started with me in P5 (correct), but worked its way up to me being in P11. Once the race was done I was P4 (which, as stated, should be P5). wtf??

Race 1 was a good one. Just barely avoided creating a mess just off the line (I lost the car off the line, I need to practice more starts...). Avoided mayhem in T1 and from there it was consistent lapping except for one mid sized mistake in the second chicane. Happy with the end result.

Race 2 - well, it didn't happen. My G27 had a identity crisis and now thinks it's a "Driving Force" wheel, which means that it has forgotten about its clutch pedal and the brake does not work properly in PCars. Some googling later I've discovered that this type of mental illness is not unheard of with G27's, so I'm off good hope to find a skilled doctor for him/her.

MrDBZLiker

Reigning AOR PC Formula C Champion
May 10, 2015
Feature Race: I qualified in 8th, then got off to a decent start and moved up to P5 with all the carnage happening ahead. Then disaster struck on lap 4, as DRS was open going into Lesmo #1. Fortunately, the gravel trap and full braking just kept me out of the barriers. That off wore my tyres out quite a bit though, and then I was off the pace completely, until I made my pit stop at the end of lap 10. After the stop, I instantly spun at the Variante della Roggia (the 2nd chicane). Down in 10th place, I started catching @DJ"Ballistic" and I moved up to 9th after @Jozzers made his pit stop. From then on, I was close behind @DJ"Ballistic" and then on lap 18, after the Variante Ascari, we went side by side all the way from the chicane to turn 1, were he had the inside line and kept his place. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't get past him, but it was a great battle and congratulations to him.

Sprint Race: I qualified in 8th again. This time, I stayed in P8, got up to 7th after @Hideaki spun at Variante della Roggia, but dropped back down to 8th after @SteveRogers overtook me on the exit of Lesmo #2. I lost some time to Steve after @Beppo tried to overtake at turn 1 on the 2nd lap. I started breaking away from Beppo and catching back up to Steve. @estebano made a mistake at the Variante della Roggia, which let me get closer to the pack. Then on lap 5, @SteveRogers and @estebano both spun at the same corner, which bumped me up into P6. From then on, I stayed at a distance of 1-2 seconds away from @StelingDk and @Paradyski who were battling for 4th position. On the final lap, I already thought I would come home in a solid 6th place, but at Ascari, Paradyski was going slowly and I passed him for P5! I crossed the line about a second away from Steling, for my best finish of the season so far, in what was the most consistent race of my season so far. Needless to say, I'll go to sleep happy tonight. :D

All in all, a much better result compared to last week at Silverstone.

Last edited:

Paradyski

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 21, 2016
Yeap, something strange happened there. You were ahead of me across the finish line. So unless there are penalty's or something that I'm not aware of in this game it must have been a bug? The indicators for which position I was in started to "flicker" and not make sense on the straight down to the last corner, is this usual? It started with me in P5 (correct), but worked its way up to me being in P11. Once the race was done I was P4 (which, as stated, should be P5). wtf??

Race 1 was a good one. Just barely avoided creating a mess just off the line (I lost the car off the line, I need to practice more starts...). Avoided mayhem in T1 and from there it was consistent lapping except for one mid sized mistake in the second chicane. Happy with the end result.

Race 2 - well, it didn't happen. My G27 had a identity crisis and now thinks it's a "Driving Force" wheel, which means that it has forgotten about its clutch pedal and the brake does not work properly in PCars. Some googling later I've discovered that this type of mental illness is not unheard of with G27's, so I'm off good hope to find a skilled doctor for him/her.

Something wrong there, race 2 i finished 6th but ... was placed at 7th

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
All I know is that when lapped cars cross the line after the winner, but before other cars on the lead lap, they'll temporarily be shown in the higher positions until the other guys on the lead lap cross the line to claim their rightful position. So that's why the game might display you in the wrong position(s) on the final lap. The actual placing of you & estebano the wrong way around sounds like a bug though.

Reactions: MrDBZLiker

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
All I know is that when lapped cars cross the line after the winner, but before other cars on the lead lap, they'll temporarily be shown in the higher positions until the other guys on the lead lap cross the line to claim their rightful position. So that's why the game might display you in the wrong position(s) on the final lap. The actual placing of you & estebano the wrong way around sounds like a bug though.
same thing happened on ps4 in Britain, they were a few tenths apart and the game had them in the wrong order

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
Feature Race: I qualified in 8th, then got off to a decent start and moved up to P5 with all the carnage happening ahead. Then disaster struck on lap 4, as DRS was open going into Lesmo #1. Fortunately, the gravel trap and full braking just kept me out of the barriers. That off wore my tyres out quite a bit though, and then I was off the pace completely, until I made my pit stop at the end of lap 10. After the stop, I instantly spun at the Variante della Roggia (the 2nd chicane). Down in 10th place, I started catching @DJ"Ballistic" and I moved up to 9th after @Jozzers made his pit stop. From then on, I was close behind @DJ"Ballistic" and then on lap 18, after the Variante Ascari, we went side by side all the way from the chicane to turn 1, were he had the inside line and kept his place. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't get past him, but it was a great battle and congratulations to him.

Sprint Race: I qualified in 8th again. This time, I got up to P7, but dropped down to 8th after @SteveRogers overtook me on the exit of Lesmo #2. I lost some time to Steve after @Beppo tried to overtake at turn 1 on the 2nd lap. I started breaking away from Beppo and catching back up to Steve. @estebano made a mistake at the Variante della Roggia, which let me get closer to the pack. Then on lap 5, @SteveRogers and @estebano both spun at the same corner, which bumped me up into P6. From then on, I stayed at a distance of 1-2 seconds away from @StelingDk and @Paradyski who were battling for 4th position. On the final lap, I already thought I would come home in a solid 6th place, but at Ascari, Paradyski was going slowly and I passed him for P5! I crossed the line about a second away from Steling, for my best finish of the season so far, in what was the most consistent race of my season so far. Needless to say, I'll go to sleep happy tonight. :D

All in all, a much better result compared to last week at Silverstone.

I actually tried to avoid contact, because I knew I wouldn't make the move on the brakes at that point. :) If I hadn't pulled out, I would've just slammed into your rear and that wouldn't have been acceptable.

I am still finding my consistency on this car, tbh. But tonights races taught me a lot about the car's physics, since I didn't really drive them on the weel too intensly, tbf. :)

I am actually quite happy, that I am not dead last by pace, but I am pretty sure I am still cranking the wheel too hard, which I tend to do on formula cars, for some reason. I am trying to teach myself that slow in fast out, is probably the fastest driving style for these cars.

estebano

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2016
Ok First race was quite good for me. I was P16 at the start and finished P4 (the resulta showed me P5 which is wrong
we might have :D cant remember anything :p only when i actually got hit properly :p
This is why I need to review the action, I thought I was i front at this moment and got hit. My car had little suspension damage, nothing serious (top speed -4km/h), I hope yours was ok or not so bad :cry:

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
So lastnights race was absolutely rubbish, got hit several times mainly 2 by drivers.

T1 had @Senad Kocan pushing my car for like 3seconds, luckily managed to keep car from spinning, then heading down to T4 @Beppo almost swerved into another driver, so he slowed down and moved over to far outside only to slam into me and then continues to push me into @AndrexUK and me and @AndrexUK are forced into gravel and then heading to T6, i had @Senad Kocan up my inside so i take a wide line to allow him space but he comes over into the outside line and hits me off into gravel, end of race right there, yeah i could of continued but if thats the kind of driving standards i was going to have to race against i just couldnt be arsed.

So yeah, i need some penalty points for rage quitting.

• Agree
Reactions: Viceguy and t0daY

Senad Kocan

Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2016
You are not the only one that got pushed around, I got pushed in to you what am I to do?
On that last corner I did not push you, your driving got you on the gravel.
Stop accusing me for you bad driving, i got my suspension damaged and had to pit on the first lap to fix it and continued with my race. I dont take a **** att people for pushing me around that **** happens when racing.

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
You are not the only one that got pushed around, I got pushed in to you what am I to do?
On that last corner I did not push you, your driving got you on the gravel.
Stop accusing me for you bad driving, i got my suspension damaged and had to pit on the first lap to fix it and continued with my race. I dont take a **** att people for pushing me around that **** happens when racing.
Ehm you was the very last car into t1 so how can someone push you??? and beppo backed out of the 2nd incident so he couldnt of pushed you either, and how the **** is it my fault that YOU came into MY line, i had no where to go but you couldnt even leave me half a cars width because you attacked the kerb(where my car was).

I wasnt going to go to stewards, i was prepared to let this go but with your stinking attitude is forcing me to...... see you at stewards.

• Agree

Senad Kocan

Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2016
Ehm you was the very last car into t1 so how can someone push you??? and beppo backed out of the 2nd incident so he couldnt of pushed you either, and how the **** is it my fault that YOU came into MY line, i had no where to go but you couldnt even leave me half a cars width because you attacked the kerb(where my car was).

I wasnt going to go to stewards, i was prepared to let this go but with your stinking attitude is forcing me to...... see you at stewards.
Yes do that please!

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yes do that please!
Ill please you and say its at stewards, get your replay/recording ready.

"that **** happens when racing."
Maybe you should go read up on racing etiquette and racing rules because if that is how you think racing is allowed (forcing another driver off track) maybe you should stick to online lobby's because if you think thats ok then "you either gotta be blind or stupid"

Last edited:
  • Agree

Senad Kocan

Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2016
Ill please you and say its at stewards, get your replay/recording ready.

"that **** happens when racing."
Maybe you should go read up on racing etiquette and racing rules because if that is how you think racing is allowed (forcing another driver off track) maybe you should stick to online lobby's because if you think thats ok then "you either gotta be blind or stupid"
Its ready

Dibbdroid

Pro Karter
May 20, 2015
Unfortunate throttle issues (wouldn't give me more than 90%) and bad connection to the server (I had to turn most of the detail to low just to get it to be manageable) made yesterday's race not the best of experiences. Drop around in midfield in the first race in the hope of a gifted point and gave in second race to watch as it's quite frustrating when other cars drive past as if you're in a shopping trolley.
The pedal issue is a loose wire by the looks of it so out with the soldering iron!

• Friendly
Reactions: t0daY and AJ