PC - AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 7 & 8 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - 13/06/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 7 & 8 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - 13/06/16 @ 8:00pm

Stokemon

Formula Karter
May 30, 2016
I spun on my own in race 1 when 7th hit the wall and lost a wheel. Managed to safely get home and get a finish but gutted as I had the pace for a decent result for me.

Race 2 someone (can't remember who) lost rear and slowed infront of me, with someone on my left I had no where to go other than the rear end, someone had same problem behind me (not saying this was anyone's fault). Anyway managed an okay result considering.

Crossing fingers for a clean race sometime!

ElNano

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 29, 2016
I would like to say very much sorry to you el nano in second race, i locked my tyres up, and tried to pull out, sadly it was to late and i took you with me , i can only say sorry, i normaly dont overshoot like this at all, i guess i an blame my wheel for being a dumb as* tonight, was wierd and steering all over the place, i hope you can accept my apology
I appreciate your apology, I 'm not angry. After the accident I became quite nervous (who no?), then I made some serious mistakes, but after the race over, I calmed down. :) Always hoping for the next race, with a relatively good appearances. Maybe next time will be better. Never give up. :)

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I would just like to check a few things as after these races I am unclear regarding AOR's etiquette:
  1. Off the start line is it acceptable to just swerve to the left or right if the car in front of you doesn't get a great start, hitting another car that is going in a perfectly straight line next to you? @Gxbbs .
  2. I know the first corner was horrible in the first race, but if you get caught up in the chaos should you a) stay still and wait for the cars behind you to pass, or b) just drive straight across the track taking the cars behind out as you do so?
  3. If you spin and end up in the middle of the track with fast car approaching, should you a) Stay still and give them a chance to avoid you or b) try to move out of the way but actually drive straight into the path of the passing car #IDied, #Only2WheelsOnMyRide. @FisiFan91
  4. And finally, if your braking into a corner behind another car, with yet another car on your outside, if the car in front brakes a little early should you a) brake also and stay in position or b) move to the outside collecting the car that was there all along. @Gxbbs
Guys I know no one intentionally drives into anyone else, but if in doubt stick to your line or keep still when you have spun.
Are you tagging me to indicate I was involved? If so then the first incident was a complete mistake, I spun the rear wheels up as I went to go around the car in front and somehow ended up all the way on the other side of the track and the second incident I have no clue what you are on about.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
If you spin and end up in the middle of the track with fast car approaching, should you a) Stay still and give them a chance to avoid you or b) try to move out of the way but actually drive straight into the path of the passing car #IDied, #Only2WheelsOnMyRide. @FisiFan91
You are right of course. I already gave you the explanation for my midjudgement on steam, so will not say anymore here except that I'm very sorry again.

I can't even remember the last time I was at fault for a big crash in a league race, but it definitely feels horrible :( Also a sad way to lose the lead of the championship :(

• Friendly
Reactions: IGCtci

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Got my head down for a kip at 5pm as i only got 1hour sleep lastnight. It was meant to only be for an hour or 2 but forgot to set the alarm and didnt wake up til gone 9 :( Gutted, was looking forward to this race.

• Funny
Reactions: t0daY

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
Got my head down for a kip at 5pm as i only got 1hour sleep lastnight. It was meant to only be for an hour or 2 but forgot to set the alarm and didnt wake up til gone 9 :( Gutted, was looking forward to this race.

estebano

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2016
So... mixed feelings from yesterday. Race 1 went ok, I tried to keep the pace while not taking many risks, and after the pitstop I managed to finish 5th which is good for me, and second fastest lap.

But in race 2, I don't know what happened. At turn 3 in lap 4th someone spun in front of me, I think we were 4 or 5 drivers in a bunch fighting for 5th place, and then it was a mess. I managed to drive through the cars and keep my car to the outside to avoid other contact, but then a car (I don't know who, tbh, but I thought he was DovaK or Govak) contacted me, pushed me out of the track and my rear right tyre was gone.

So I retired.

I haven't the replay so I can't complain so much, but is dissapointing. Anyway this is racing...

ElNano

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 29, 2016
Roughly a reasonable position in qualifying, a good start, then a disaster. After a lot of silly errors (open DRS in the turns…), lack of opportunity. It could only get better.

Featured race video, "how to become a fully underdog". :D (16:40 - mercy killing…) There is still room for improvement…

Reactions: R.Macieira