PC - AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 9 & 10 - Road America - 20/06/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC FR3.5 - Rounds 9 & 10 - Road America - 20/06/16 @ 8:00pm

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
Personally i think its because there is no tiering in this league so some drivers are 14 seconds slower than others...some cannot keep the car on track for more than 3 corners....
i can agree with most of what you say but not this part... the biggest gap from P1 to slowest driver have been 12 seconds on one single track which indicates either the driver had problems or incidents...
other than that its somewhere between 3-6 seconds on most tracks so i dont know where you got those 14 seconds from...

the part about some drivers that cant keep the car on track for more than 3 corners i agree with totally.. and in general i think a lot of the drivers is newcomers and some might even expect to win the race in T1 or on L1...

• Disagree
Reactions: Ghovand Keanie

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
To be honest, clean driving and pace are two different things in my eyes.

The main thing I noticed, is basically that there is simply no filing in for a bunch of corners on lap one, which only can lead to madness. Trying to go two or more wide into a corner, when the field is close together is never a good idea, since it can happen that people need avoiding space in case of a lock up or misjudged breaking way.

Plus a formula car is not a GT car, so even the ever so slightly tap has to be avoided like Lava, which basically means that pushing as hell on lap 1 is not really the way to go.

What people have to learn is, to be patient and start reading the race developement.

Pace will ultimately decide, where you will end up by the race end. Understandebly the tension is high during the start phase. But the only thing that helps is trying to be relaxed and concentrated and just try to get through in one piece.

Monitor your own skills and when in doubt just back out and watch how the first couple of corners will develop and over time it will be easier to estimate when a real spot opens up for you, you actually can hold on to safely and without destroying other people's race.

Mistakes can and will happen, but forcing yourself through the field at the start will most likely lead to unnecassary and ugly incidents.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
i can agree with most of what you say but not this part... the biggest gap from P1 to slowest driver have been 12 seconds on one single track which indicates either the driver had problems or incidents...
other than that its somewhere between 3-6 seconds on most tracks so i dont know where you got those 14 seconds from...

the part about some drivers that cant keep the car on track for more than 3 corners i agree with totally.. and in general i think a lot of the drivers is newcomers and some might even expect to win the race in T1 or on L1...
The 14 seconds where a bit charged ;) but 6 seconds...thats massive....even in some sprint races ppl get lapped with that pace thats insane...but well maybe something for season 2 if there are enough sign ups to create 2 tiers...i am sure that will give a lot more pleasure on both the slow and fast driver side...since its no fun to race when you get lapped every single race...

Good luck next Monday (y)(y)

Ghovand Keanie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 21, 2015
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
The 14 seconds where a bit charged ;) but 6 seconds...thats massive....even in some sprint races ppl get lapped with that pace thats insane...but well maybe something for season 2 if there are enough sign ups to create 2 tiers...i am sure that will give a lot more pleasure on both the slow and fast driver side...since its no fun to race when you get lapped every single race...

this is a PCars living legend, the dude knows what he is talking about kneus, never disagree with this guy.

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

logically having 2 tiers would be better as it would seperate the really fast from the not so fast drivers... but imo the problem havent really been pace here... the problem is as Beppo says that people try too hard into corners on L1

• Agree
Reactions: Beppo

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
this is a PCars living legend, the dude knows what he is talking about kneus, never disagree with this guy.
i disagree with whoever i want to... because clearly the pace isnt the problem but drivers being too aggressive is what causes all these crashes

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
i disagree with whoever i want to... because clearly the pace isnt the problem but drivers being too aggressive is what causes all these crashes
Thats a dangerous big deny.....i totally agree that the agressiveness is the issue...but pace is 100% related to that aggresiveness...ppl who are six seconds slower wanna make up for their pace and cause all sort of crashes....they get frustrated be ause they cant win....if everyone just could accept they cannot win the race when they are way off the pace things should be fine...its impossible to get a 100% clean sheet cause in every race things happen online or irl...but atm its insane....but i hope you are right and i see some nice clean race next monday ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Viceguy

Ghovand Keanie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 21, 2015
Thats a dangerous big deny.....i totally agree that the agressiveness is the issue...but pace is 100% related to that aggresiveness...ppl who are six seconds slower wanna make up for their pace and cause all sort of crashes....they get frustrated be ause they cant win....if everyone just could accept they cannot win the race when they are way off the pace things should be fine...its impossible to get a 100% clean sheet cause in every race things happen online or irl...but atm its insane....but i hope you are right and i see some nice clean race next monday ;)
i disagree there was a particular race where we just stared at the thing and nothing happened - Baku, bombarderen dat stadje!

Dibbdroid

Pro Karter
May 20, 2015
Speaking as someone who has suffered from technical issues (pedals) and is off the pace I can assure you the problem is caused by reckless driving not lack of pace, every race (bar this week's as I missed it), you get a number of drivers (loose use of the word) who barrel into the early turns trying to perform overtaking moves that don't exist. That is not lack of pace, it is lack of patience.

I can attest to being both a victim and benefactor of these actions.

A two tier system is most likely the best answer for now but someone needs to review all the races and point out to the suicide drivers the error of their ways. It doesn't take a lot to sit back in line through the early corners, you may end up in a fun race with a number of other drivers with similar abilities rather than ruining a few hours entertainment.

I may not be a legend of pCars but I have been racing these games for over 20 years and know a thing or two.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
but someone needs to review all the races and point out to the suicide drivers the error of their ways.
This is kind of what the stewards panel is for. Us coordinators don't really have time to go through the replay in-depth after every race and report everything ourselves, and it can also be difficult since the saved replays often have a lot of cars missing due to people leaving the session mid-race. This is why it's important that those who actually are involved or affected by incidents bring them up in the stewards panel - like I urged people to do this Monday - so that the drivers at fault can be penalised accordingly and in turn hopefully learn from their mistakes.

@Viceguy and @ElNano have done a good job reporting the incidents they were witness to from this week, so for once we might actually get some repercussions for the "perpetrators" from these races.

On that note, I would also please ask those who have been reported to give their own view of the incident in the relevant stewards thread, so that we can get a balanced view of events before moving it on for discussion. There are currently 4 enquiries open where the reported driver has not given a statement.

estebano

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2016
@FisiFan91 I'd like to report my accident in first race but 1) I have no replay; 2) my recording is not so revealing; 3) I asked if anyone saw something but I don't know. What can I do? I mean, for me is a racing incident 99% for sure, but is the second race in a row with a little hit that chops me a rear tyre and they are two consecutive DNF, so I'm not happy with this.

I suppose, if I have no clue, there is no point to open a stewards?