PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite League - S2 Car Selection | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite League - S2 Car Selection

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrexUK

?? 2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
That's ok, I was just hoping to be able to come out of the season with a title of sorts, if that meant leaching off the faster cars, then that was the low down devious tactic I was happy to partake in :)
Denied.....
I would be a little surprised if there were 6 M3 drivers in the championship! I'm only taking it for a laugh.

Andy

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, Either Me / Jepprah / Noztra know something you guys don't...... or all 3 of us are a little twisted in the head!
I think in my short time here, you probably know the answer as far as I am concerned.

Andy

Noztra

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015
@AndrexUK dont tell them!

Simply because you don't have evidence that something does exist does not mean you have evidence of something that doesn't exist. Well, what I'm saying is that there are known knowns and that there are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns; things we don't know that we don't know.

poppleton

Formula Karter
Apr 9, 2014
Car Preference #1: BMW Z4 GT3
Car Preference #2: RUF RGT-8 GT3
Car Preference #3: Mclaren 12C GT3

Noztra

AC Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015
Okay. I've done some testing.
On default setup, within three laps I was as quick as I was in the Z4 at Hockenheim. That was the first ever time I had used it and I've used the Z4 for near enough 2,000 miles so it's pretty clear to me that it's too quick. It had nearly 20mph advantage on the straights AND it can brake at the same point. If I had the practice like I do with the Z4 and with a decent setup, I could easily go much quicker.

I think it's too quick, and it's the correct choice that it's banned.
According to the stats of the cars, this is their top speed.

Aston Martin: 304kph / 190mph
Bentley: 274kph / 171mph
Mercedes: 290kph / 181mph
BMW Z4: 282kph / 176mph
Audi: 281kph / 175mph

Tested five cars with stock setup and the downforce 0/0 over 2 laps, where i still have to brake for the corners.

Down the main straight at Monza:

Aston Martin: 281kph/175mph
Bentley: 280kph/175mph
Mercedes: 281kph/175mph
BMW Z4: 270kph/168 mph
Audi: 282kph/176mph

Down the back straight at Monza:

Aston Martin: 271kph/169mph
Bentley: 270kph/168mph
Mercedes: 270kph/168mph
BMW Z4: 261kph/163mph
Audi: 272kph/170mph

The BMW Z4 is slower, but that's not only compared to the Bentley, but all the the cars. But that's because the final drive is lower by stock and you can increase it to get a higher/lower top speed depending on the track, where in the Bentley and Mercedes you cant change the final drive and its much higher stock. The Aston Martin and the Audi you can also change the final drive, but they are the fastest with the Bentley and the Mercedes.

So like i said on a lot of other post. The cars are DIFFERENT, and some will be faster/slower on certain tracks, like they should.

So where you @Browneskiii get a 20mph(34kph) difference i dont know? But according to you then the Bentley should do 295kph/183mph on the back straight and 302kph/188mph on the main straight, which it never gonna do.

I don't mind we discuss these kind of things, because i think its a good thing we all try to improve the league and how we race. But when we discuss things, we need to use facts, and not what we have heard, how its sounds, what we read on some forum, and down right wrong information, with no evidence at all. Saying that a is OP because its A LOT faster than other cars, with its clearly not, its just wrong.

I don't even wanna race the car anymore, but according to the logic in here, that based on straight line speed = OP car, then we should ban the Bentley, Mercedes, Audi and the Aston Martin, and then only race Z4, M3 and Ginetta.

I probably forgot something, but that was the last rant for me. :)

Last edited:

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I was exaggerating the 20mph because I just found it annoying how I can go as quick in the Bentley than I do in the Z4 when it's my first time in it and basically on default setup (minus the radiator being at 0%)
The problem with running on 0/0 is that the Z4 feels absolutely terrible on low downforce, the time I gain in it is through the corners, where admittedly I don't have as much confidence in the Bentley, but it's still quick through them.
I was running 1/8 at Hockenheim in my test, and I didn't change it in the Bentley, so whatever the default is is what I used.
I did a few laps in both again just now, and I was getting up to about 162/163 in the Z4 depending on how well I did T2, whereas with the Bentley, I was getting 171/172 with a lift going through T3, so if it was just a straight after it instead of a kink, it would be closer to 15 mph quicker. I think where I feel it's strongest it's under braking, as I can brake basically at the same point as in the Z4 and because of it's weight it isn't unstable whatsoever.

To me, the Bentley is just a better Aston Martin, which Ownage and Martin proved last season to be a very strong car. I personally don't mind if people use it, but I can definitely see why it's been banned and I wouldn't argue against it.

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
According to the stats of the cars, this is their top speed.

Aston Martin: 304kph / 190mph
Bentley: 274kph / 171mph
Mercedes: 290kph / 181mph
BMW Z4: 282kph / 176mph
Audi: 281kph / 175mph

Tested five cars with stock setup and the downforce 0/0 over 2 laps, where i still have to brake for the corners.

Down the main straight at Monza:

Aston Martin: 281kph/175mph
Bentley: 280kph/175mph
Mercedes: 281kph/175mph
BMW Z4: 270kph/168 mph
Audi: 282kph/176mph

Down the back straight at Monza:

Aston Martin: 271kph/169mph
Bentley: 270kph/168mph
Mercedes: 270kph/168mph
BMW Z4: 261kph/163mph
Audi: 272kph/170mph

The BMW Z4 is slower, but that's not only compared to the Bentley, but all the the cars. But that's because the final drive is lower by stock and you can increase it to get a higher/lower top speed depending on the track, where in the Bentley and Mercedes you cant change the final drive and its much higher stock. The Aston Martin and the Audi you can also change the final drive, but they are the fastest with the Bentley and the Mercedes.

So like i said on a lot of other post. The cars are DIFFERENT, and some will be faster/slower on certain tracks, like they should.

So where you @Browneskiii get a 20mph(34kph) difference i dont know? But according to you then the Bentley should do 295kph/183mph on the back straight and 302kph/188mph on the main straight, which it never gonna do.

I don't mind we discuss these kind of things, because i think its a good thing we all try to improve the league and how we race. But when we discuss things, we need to use facts, and not what we have heard, how its sounds, what we read on some forum, and down right wrong information, with no evidence at all. Saying that a is OP because its A LOT faster than other cars, with its clearly not, its just wrong.

I don't even wanna race the car anymore, but according to the logic in here, that based on straight line speed = OP car, then we should ban the Bentley, Mercedes, Audi and the Aston Martin, and then only race Z4, M3 and Ginetta.

I probably forgot something, but that was the last rant for me. :)
The decision was based on the experiences of some of the coordinators from the XB1 and PS4 platforms, all of which have had similar experiences of the car being overly uneven (I haven't been presented with any direct test results, but I trust what they are saying). But maybe there are some differences between the cars on the different platforms? I've certainly been told at some point that there are some lap time differences between the platforms at least. So maybe the Bentley is less different on the PC or something, I don't know. Either way, for now I think it's best to keep the regulations the same for all platforms anyway. If we were to allow the Bentley now on the PC only, there would probably be people starting to complain about it on the other platforms instead lol.

I would test it on PC myself to compare to what you and Browneskiii have presented, but I haven't bought the DLC and don't really intend to atm.

Noztra

AC Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015
I was exaggerating the 20mph because I just found it annoying how I can go as quick in the Bentley than I do in the Z4 when it's my first time in it and basically on default setup (minus the radiator being at 0%)
The problem with running on 0/0 is that the Z4 feels absolutely terrible on low downforce, the time I gain in it is through the corners, where admittedly I don't have as much confidence in the Bentley, but it's still quick through them.
I was running 1/8 at Hockenheim in my test, and I didn't change it in the Bentley, so whatever the default is is what I used.
I did a few laps in both again just now, and I was getting up to about 162/163 in the Z4 depending on how well I did T2, whereas with the Bentley, I was getting 171/172 with a lift going through T3, so if it was just a straight after it instead of a kink, it would be closer to 15 mph quicker. I think where I feel it's strongest it's under braking, as I can brake basically at the same point as in the Z4 and because of it's weight it isn't unstable whatsoever.

To me, the Bentley is just a better Aston Martin, which Ownage and Martin proved last season to be a very strong car. I personally don't mind if people use it, but I can definitely see why it's been banned and I wouldn't argue against it.
But @Browneskiii didnt you win the Elite league with 4x wins, 2x second places, 4x poles, and 79 points down to nummer two, who was in a Aston Martin? Then some might say that the BMW Z4 is the OP car, when you are that
superior. And if the Bentley is only a better Aston Martin, then it would still be worse than the Z4?

But my point wasnt to single you out, and im sorry if i did that. My point wasnt either get cars banned because they were OP, but to get more cars in the league. And my point is that cars are different, and suit different tracks and different drivers and thats why we will get different results depending the above factor. You might be extremely fast in a Z4 and slow in a McLaren. I might be fast in a Mercedes and slow in a Z4. But i would agree with you, that the Bentley might be fast is you know how to drive it. But that again is the same as with all the other cars. Look at you in the Z4, you are a rocket, compared to the rest of us. :) But like @AndrexUK wrote. The Bentley is a handful to drive and got massive oversteer, so people might not be so fast in it or be able to push in it, like they can in a Z4 or an Audi.

But lets leave this for now, look forward to the first race and look at it the next season. Might be more cars we have to consinder there. :)

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
But @Browneskiii didnt you win the Elite league with 4x wins, 2x second places, 4x poles, and 79 points down to nummer two, who was in a Aston Martin? Then some might say that the BMW Z4 is the OP car, when you are that superior.
That one could be down the driver more so than the car tbh. Ownage (in the Aston) was right up there with Browneskiii on pace in the first 3 races before he left :)

Noztra

AC Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015
That one could be down the driver more so than the car tbh. Ownage (in the Aston) was right up there with Browneskiii on pace in the first 3 races before he left :)
And thats the core of it. :) Like i wrote in the last post. The cars are different, and suit different tracks and different drivers and thats why we will get different results depending the above factor. Some might be fast in one and slow in another. :) Because the Mercedes is fast on Monza doesnt mean its OP, just that i suit that track. And then its probably not very good at Monaco.. :p The Z4 might be the slowest on Monza, but then its the fastest in Monaco. :)

Canisbe

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 30, 2014
Car Preference #2: Ruf RGT-8 GT3
Car Preference #3: Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Car Preference #2: BMW M3 GT
Car Preference #3: RUF RGT-8 GT3

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Unless my head is broken I believe these are our currently confirmed car assignments:

@Browneskiii - BMW Z4 GT3
@Martin van der Bent
@Jepparh - BMW M3 GT
@FisiFan91
@AndrexUK - BMW M3 GT
@Michal7M - BMW Z4 GT3
@Mazy CZ - Ruf RGT-8 GT3
@AJ - Ruf RGT-8 GT3
@RC_MoNsteR_99 - BMW Z4 GT3
@Canisbe - BMW Z4 GT3
@Martin Kučera
@SonOfMaw
@poppleton - Ruf RGT-8 GT3
@Ryan Smith - McLaren 12C GT3
@SilverArrow3 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
@Noztra - BMW M3 GT
@Tipple - Ruf RGT-8 GT3
@CQR Myles - Ginetta G55 GT3

@Martin Kučera and @SonOfMaw are not confirmed yet as whether they can get their preferred choice of the Z4 depends on the choices of @Martin van der Bent and myself. Unfortunately for you guys I'm also leaning towards the Z4 atm, but I want to do some proper laps in it before I confirm so will try to get that done before I go to bed tonight.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I'd like to update my choice please, that M3 is just the wrong side of slow - sorry!
Can I switch to the Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3

Andy

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'd like to update my choice please, that M3 is just the wrong side of slow - sorry!
Well, at least we managed to judge the performance of one car correctly... :p

Can I switch to the Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
Yeah that's cool mate.

@Jepparh has also told me he wants to switch from the BMW M3 to the Audi.

@Noztra Do you also want to switch by any chance?

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@Noztra Do you also want to switch by any chance?
I would expect so, even though we were not planning on building us 3 as a team, it looks like that's what we are kind of doing :)
But I'll let him confirm himself

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.