This is a good point tbh. @DozerKitty and his boys upgraded their servers after Dubai, and it apparently worked completely fine during the social on the day before the Brands race, so there's not really any way to properly predict whether or not the game will work properly on any given night, and as such no way anyone could have anticipated the mass DSC that happened. It seems to be quite random when the game feels like throwing some issues at us.I mean, you guys had the social on Tuesday, and apparently it worked fine. So we can't foresee these problems when we are falsely confident and it run 100% perfect like the night before
Hi there mate, you'll need to sign up using the sign up thread and also complete the time trial event that helps the organisers determine where you should be placed. Despite the fact you'll end up as a reserve driver, due to the massive numbers we have this season, you should still get to race at some points as people are always missing from events. Also keep an eye out for the social races, there's a GT3 one every Tuesday that quite a few of us use as a practice session for the official event the next day, feel free to join those!Hi Everyone, I'm interested in joining the AOR GT3 leagues but not sure which league I would be best suitable for, how do you decided who goes where?
I understand that I would be reserve driver for now.
I think the 26th is correct, as it was stated on the page giving info on Mad Mike's Radbul car for DLC.
I have to agree with Yorkie in that we really shouldn't be starting S4 till we have done extensive testing that it's stable.
We can run some Special events on the Wednesday's instead, some random cars / tracks.
Since the Free car will be the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar, I think we should have another go at Bathurst, as there wasn't a lot of drivers for the X-mas event.
Could run a mini Nurbergring GT4 (or whatever) event, and Maybe a LMP2 Silverstone (or again, something like).
Would give us 3 decent testing runs after S3 ends.
Also agree with Noz, that if it's not stable, we really shouldn't run an official season S4 till it's sorted!
I do agree completely. We've upgraded the server to another host, as the current one had implemented Steam blocks, as this wasn't something they'd wish to have run in their server park, considering what kind of climate they are aiming for. But we did go from the Beta to Stable, which, in its current state, is pretty much one and the same. VAC has been disabled, as that caused some issues at one particular race. Besides that, it's completely random when it crashes, and when it doesn't with MDSC. As you said, social on tuesday went brilliantly, and then on Wednesday, everything failed. When the MDSC happened on Wednesday, we had no errors on the server, so the DS in on itself can be more or less taken out of the equation, as being an issue.This is a good point tbh. @DozerKitty and his boys upgraded their servers after Dubai, and it apparently worked completely fine during the social on the day before the Brands race, so there's not really any way to properly predict whether or not the game will work properly on any given night, and as such no way anyone could have anticipated the mass DSC that happened. It seems to be quite random when the game feels like throwing some issues at us.
I don't see us cancelling leagues on the game at this stage. The game has had various problems since release and yet we've managed half a year of regular league racing on it so far. Hell, we've even managed 5 years of racing on the Codemasters F1 series which is widely recognised as some of the buggiest crap around! Like all leagues there will be ups and downs, and if someone is experiencing more downs than ups then it's completely normal to consider giving up on the game and trying something else, and I don't at all blame people who may choose to do this. When it comes to issues with the game, there's nothing really we as players can do about this. As with any game, we have to do the best with what we've given (and I honestly can't remember the last time I played a modern-day game which didn't have some kind of issues...). I do reckon we'll have another little break with some special events between season 3-4 again like we had between 2-3, which can be used to test what the situation is at that point, but I can't see it leading to leagues being cancelled (unless the game ends up in a state where it's suddenly completely unraceable), because as long as there's a reasonable interest from the community to keep racing on the game, then the show goes on.
FOR F**K SAKE!!! Ok I knew this was going to happen, basically the patch 8.0 has dropped today and it contains fixes to tyre heating which could cause a lot of us issues considering all our setups are on the now old tyre model, for what is relatively extreme conditions (at night, in the rain, during the winter). This could potentially mean that a lot of peoples setups are completely out of whack with little to no time for some people to test and make adjustments.
Would it be out of the question to request that this race is delayed until next week? I know it's not ideal, but it could cause a lot of issues for a number of players who don't have time to adjust setups for the new model if we were to race tonight.
What do the rest of you guys think about this? I personally wouldn't mind delaying the remaining races for a week, as it might the "safest" thing to do, both with regards to setups and the DS, for the reasons you've mentioned. The only issue really is that it puts us out of sync with the other platforms and as such would leave us [PC drivers] with less of a break between this season and the next.Also worth noting that last night the Elite DS was broken, so we had to use the Pro!
Having this week off might be the best for everyone.
I'd be happy to have a week break for the reasons everyone has said here. It's obviously not ideal, but neither is having the patch dropped on us a few hours before the race is meant to start. I imagine some drivers won't even have a chance to practice as they will be getting home just before the race and could cause issues. Plus I don't know what the situation with the DS is, it was refusing to work for us last night and we don't want to have a situation like the last 2 races where there has been massive connection problems. Personally I don't mind what happens, if we race then we race, if we don't then I think it's a perfectly reasonable excuse as to why we shouldn't.What do the rest of you guys think about this? I personally wouldn't mind delaying the remaining races for a week, as it might the "safest" thing to do, both with regards to setups and the DS, for the reasons you've mentioned. The only issue really is that it puts us out of sync with the other platforms and as such would leave us [PC drivers] with less of a break between this season and the next.
(Tagging all drivers to make you aware of the situation - @AJ, @Viceguy, @khaki, @USSRxALeXeR, @Yorkie065, @AndrexUK @F1-Masa, @centro, @Miniblack, @Papand, @Browneskiii, @Mazy CZ, @TonyR, @Togomies, @SilverArrow3, @Noztra, @hutch, @Tipple, @RC_MoNsteR_99, @Martin van der Bent, @Innitialization, @ramiboo, @Jellyfish, @Mathias Nielsen, @Lukas Fritsche)
(Also tagging the Pro coordinator, so you are aware as well and can inform your drivers if necessary - @Erti147)