PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite League - S3 Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite League - S3 Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
With regards to the status of servers, It's getting rather silly this season.
Between the Pro + Elite, we have had 3 Mass disconnection races (4 imo, but we didn't breach the magic number on the other elite race...)
I've had 2 DC's out of 3 races this season.... before that, I'd had only 1 in 2 season's :(

Sources say that Patch 8 should bring some more stability to Multiplayer, while perhaps not making them perfect.
I'm just wondering if we should delay the rest of the season till after patch 8 (probably next week) rather than risk another mess?
I don't think the issues are limited to Dozzer's (Ghandi's) servers, and suspect it would probably happen no matter what DS / PtP server we used...

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I have a suspicion that the patch would come next week. It's usually half way through the month, about a week before the DLC and that I believe is around the 26th? I have that date rolling around in my head for some reason....may have read it somewhere.

I don't think we could delay the rest of the season as it's back underway. However I think it would be wise to do a proper evaluation of the games state once patch 8 hits, and decide as to what to do between season 3 and season 4.

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
I can be perfectly honest and say if they don't manage to fix the game in time before season 4, then ill pass on season 4. :/

Last edited:
  • Agree

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I think the 26th is correct, as it was stated on the page giving info on Mad Mike's Radbul car for DLC.

I have to agree with Yorkie in that we really shouldn't be starting S4 till we have done extensive testing that it's stable.
We can run some Special events on the Wednesday's instead, some random cars / tracks.
Since the Free car will be the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar, I think we should have another go at Bathurst, as there wasn't a lot of drivers for the X-mas event.
Could run a mini Nurbergring GT4 (or whatever) event, and Maybe a LMP2 Silverstone (or again, something like).
Would give us 3 decent testing runs after S3 ends.

Also agree with Noz, that if it's not stable, we really shouldn't run an official season S4 till it's sorted!

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I mean, you guys had the social on Tuesday, and apparently it worked fine. So we can't foresee these problems when we are falsely confident and it run 100% perfect like the night before :(

• Agree
Reactions: Tipple

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I mean, you guys had the social on Tuesday, and apparently it worked fine. So we can't foresee these problems when we are falsely confident and it run 100% perfect like the night before :(
This is a good point tbh. @DozerKitty and his boys upgraded their servers after Dubai, and it apparently worked completely fine during the social on the day before the Brands race, so there's not really any way to properly predict whether or not the game will work properly on any given night, and as such no way anyone could have anticipated the mass DSC that happened. It seems to be quite random when the game feels like throwing some issues at us.

I don't see us cancelling leagues on the game at this stage. The game has had various problems since release and yet we've managed half a year of regular league racing on it so far. Hell, we've even managed 5 years of racing on the Codemasters F1 series which is widely recognised as some of the buggiest crap around! :p Like all leagues there will be ups and downs, and if someone is experiencing more downs than ups then it's completely normal to consider giving up on the game and trying something else, and I don't at all blame people who may choose to do this. When it comes to issues with the game, there's nothing really we as players can do about this. As with any game, we have to do the best with what we've given (and I honestly can't remember the last time I played a modern-day game which didn't have some kind of issues...). I do reckon we'll have another little break with some special events between season 3-4 again like we had between 2-3, which can be used to test what the situation is at that point, but I can't see it leading to leagues being cancelled (unless the game ends up in a state where it's suddenly completely unraceable), because as long as there's a reasonable interest from the community to keep racing on the game, then the show goes on.

2Scoops

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 18, 2015
Hi Everyone, I'm interested in joining the AOR GT3 leagues but not sure which league I would be best suitable for, how do you decided who goes where?
I understand that I would be reserve driver for now.
Cheers
Ant

Reactions: TonyR

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Hi Everyone, I'm interested in joining the AOR GT3 leagues but not sure which league I would be best suitable for, how do you decided who goes where?
I understand that I would be reserve driver for now.
Cheers
Ant
Hi there mate, you'll need to sign up using the sign up thread and also complete the time trial event that helps the organisers determine where you should be placed. Despite the fact you'll end up as a reserve driver, due to the massive numbers we have this season, you should still get to race at some points as people are always missing from events. Also keep an eye out for the social races, there's a GT3 one every Tuesday that quite a few of us use as a practice session for the official event the next day, feel free to join those!

Reactions: Erti147

DozerKitty

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2015
I think the 26th is correct, as it was stated on the page giving info on Mad Mike's Radbul car for DLC.

I have to agree with Yorkie in that we really shouldn't be starting S4 till we have done extensive testing that it's stable.
We can run some Special events on the Wednesday's instead, some random cars / tracks.
Since the Free car will be the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar, I think we should have another go at Bathurst, as there wasn't a lot of drivers for the X-mas event.
Could run a mini Nurbergring GT4 (or whatever) event, and Maybe a LMP2 Silverstone (or again, something like).
Would give us 3 decent testing runs after S3 ends.

Also agree with Noz, that if it's not stable, we really shouldn't run an official season S4 till it's sorted!
This is a good point tbh. @DozerKitty and his boys upgraded their servers after Dubai, and it apparently worked completely fine during the social on the day before the Brands race, so there's not really any way to properly predict whether or not the game will work properly on any given night, and as such no way anyone could have anticipated the mass DSC that happened. It seems to be quite random when the game feels like throwing some issues at us.

I don't see us cancelling leagues on the game at this stage. The game has had various problems since release and yet we've managed half a year of regular league racing on it so far. Hell, we've even managed 5 years of racing on the Codemasters F1 series which is widely recognised as some of the buggiest crap around! :p Like all leagues there will be ups and downs, and if someone is experiencing more downs than ups then it's completely normal to consider giving up on the game and trying something else, and I don't at all blame people who may choose to do this. When it comes to issues with the game, there's nothing really we as players can do about this. As with any game, we have to do the best with what we've given (and I honestly can't remember the last time I played a modern-day game which didn't have some kind of issues...). I do reckon we'll have another little break with some special events between season 3-4 again like we had between 2-3, which can be used to test what the situation is at that point, but I can't see it leading to leagues being cancelled (unless the game ends up in a state where it's suddenly completely unraceable), because as long as there's a reasonable interest from the community to keep racing on the game, then the show goes on.
I do agree completely. We've upgraded the server to another host, as the current one had implemented Steam blocks, as this wasn't something they'd wish to have run in their server park, considering what kind of climate they are aiming for. But we did go from the Beta to Stable, which, in its current state, is pretty much one and the same. VAC has been disabled, as that caused some issues at one particular race. Besides that, it's completely random when it crashes, and when it doesn't with MDSC. As you said, social on tuesday went brilliantly, and then on Wednesday, everything failed. When the MDSC happened on Wednesday, we had no errors on the server, so the DS in on itself can be more or less taken out of the equation, as being an issue.

Last Sunday, we had some 1on1 bracket double elimination in our danish Pcars group, with up to 12 or 14 servers running at the same time. There was some issues just at the start, with people not finding the servers, and a few disconnects, but after that, everything went fine. I think 41 was the total number of instances run over the course of the evening, which went smoothly.

We're just waiting for patch 8.0 as well, and once its out, we're gonna do a barrage of tests. We're gonna use our Le Mans event as a test, to see if the issues has been fixed. We would probably do several smaller races of 30 minutes in length on the same day/night, to try various settings with laps vs. timed session, and if all runs well, we're gonna go for it, with the entire 4 hours marathon.

When it comes to the league, considering the new patch is right around the corner, I would personally prefer to postpone the season for a week, as I would rather wait a week to have some proper racing, than have what happened this Wednesday happen again. gandaDK, my server guy, was digging around in the database for hours, with the help of @AndrexUK, digging out as much information as possible, to get some sort of result. Lucky for him, the Pro league had its crash in the quali, and not the race ;) If the patch should come on the 26th, that would be on the day of the social race, so I would postpone the league for one week, and hopefully, have a good remainder of a season with less crashes.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I think the DLC is set up for the 26th, so I would guess the Patch would probably be a week before that, which would probably put it around the time of our next race...
Thus, it may be fixed before Hock.....It may not :s

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I had word from Andy Tudor at the Autosport show that the patch should be dropping this week.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
FOR F**K SAKE!!! Ok I knew this was going to happen, basically the patch 8.0 has dropped today and it contains fixes to tyre heating which could cause a lot of us issues considering all our setups are on the now old tyre model, for what is relatively extreme conditions (at night, in the rain, during the winter). This could potentially mean that a lot of peoples setups are completely out of whack with little to no time for some people to test and make adjustments.

Would it be out of the question to request that this race is delayed until next week? I know it's not ideal, but it could cause a lot of issues for a number of players who don't have time to adjust setups for the new model if we were to race tonight.

Last edited:

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Also worth noting that last night the Elite DS was broken, so we had to use the Pro!
Having this week off might be the best for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Tipple and AndrexUK

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
FOR F**K SAKE!!! Ok I knew this was going to happen, basically the patch 8.0 has dropped today and it contains fixes to tyre heating which could cause a lot of us issues considering all our setups are on the now old tyre model, for what is relatively extreme conditions (at night, in the rain, during the winter). This could potentially mean that a lot of peoples setups are completely out of whack with little to no time for some people to test and make adjustments.

Would it be out of the question to request that this race is delayed until next week? I know it's not ideal, but it could cause a lot of issues for a number of players who don't have time to adjust setups for the new model if we were to race tonight.
Also worth noting that last night the Elite DS was broken, so we had to use the Pro!
Having this week off might be the best for everyone.
What do the rest of you guys think about this? I personally wouldn't mind delaying the remaining races for a week, as it might the "safest" thing to do, both with regards to setups and the DS, for the reasons you've mentioned. The only issue really is that it puts us out of sync with the other platforms and as such would leave us [PC drivers] with less of a break between this season and the next.

(Tagging all drivers to make you aware of the situation - @AJ, @Viceguy, @khaki, @USSRxALeXeR, @Yorkie065, @AndrexUK @F1-Masa, @centro, @Miniblack, @Papand, @Browneskiii, @Mazy CZ, @TonyR, @Togomies, @SilverArrow3, @Noztra, @hutch, @Tipple, @RC_MoNsteR_99, @Martin van der Bent, @Innitialization, @ramiboo, @Jellyfish, @Mathias Nielsen, @Lukas Fritsche)

(Also tagging the Pro coordinator, so you are aware as well and can inform your drivers if necessary - @Erti147)

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK and Tipple

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
What do the rest of you guys think about this? I personally wouldn't mind delaying the remaining races for a week, as it might the "safest" thing to do, both with regards to setups and the DS, for the reasons you've mentioned. The only issue really is that it puts us out of sync with the other platforms and as such would leave us [PC drivers] with less of a break between this season and the next.

(Tagging all drivers to make you aware of the situation - @AJ, @Viceguy, @khaki, @USSRxALeXeR, @Yorkie065, @AndrexUK @F1-Masa, @centro, @Miniblack, @Papand, @Browneskiii, @Mazy CZ, @TonyR, @Togomies, @SilverArrow3, @Noztra, @hutch, @Tipple, @RC_MoNsteR_99, @Martin van der Bent, @Innitialization, @ramiboo, @Jellyfish, @Mathias Nielsen, @Lukas Fritsche)

(Also tagging the Pro coordinator, so you are aware as well and can inform your drivers if necessary - @Erti147)
I'd be happy to have a week break for the reasons everyone has said here. It's obviously not ideal, but neither is having the patch dropped on us a few hours before the race is meant to start. I imagine some drivers won't even have a chance to practice as they will be getting home just before the race and could cause issues. Plus I don't know what the situation with the DS is, it was refusing to work for us last night and we don't want to have a situation like the last 2 races where there has been massive connection problems. Personally I don't mind what happens, if we race then we race, if we don't then I think it's a perfectly reasonable excuse as to why we shouldn't.

• Agree

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
we could put tire wear = off to get round it (not sure how the temps affect the grip after patch, in terms of altering pressures to stabilise temps.
But we do really need a stable DS for both divisions, so I'd be happier to delay it for a week

• Agree
Reactions: Tipple

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Why would the console users not delay as well? surely it affect those guys too? or have they just not had the update yet, in which case they can delay their league a week, when it drops for them? thus, matching back up again...

Status
Not open for further replies.