PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite League - S3 Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite League - S3 Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Basically the game just wouldn't load at all. Stuck on either the loading screen or the "synchronising" screen. We all had to close the game and reload it twice then switch to the Pro server.
I guess we have Pedro's (if he's fine with it) as back up though?
Yes @RC_MoNsteR_99, have you used your server recently? Do you think that would be fine for us to use atm?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So are we running or ?
Kinda what we're trying to figure out... I just got home.

Just got some positive news from Dozer regarding the DS at least, so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue. So the only real issue is whether people will be able to handle the potential setup/handling differences that has suddenly been put upon us by the new patch.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Here's what @DozerKitty has just sent me regarding the dedicated servers:
The servers are updated, and we got word from the developer who has created the DS, and they are 100% just packet repeaters now, as they should be. So *any* issue that might rise with MSDC, is an actual game bug, and not the DS fault.

All servers are updated, and the entire server has gotten a reboot, so it's fresh and ready. So from our perspective, there is no reason not to run on the DS. :)
So this isn't really what we need to consider.

The main concern really is what @Yorkie065 and @Tipple pointed out (highlighted the main parts):

FOR F**K SAKE!!! Ok I knew this was going to happen, basically the patch 8.0 has dropped today and it contains fixes to tyre heating which could cause a lot of us issues considering all our setups are on the now old tyre model, for what is relatively extreme conditions (at night, in the rain, during the winter). This could potentially mean that a lot of peoples setups are completely out of whack with little to no time for some people to test and make adjustments.

Would it be out of the question to request that this race is delayed until next week? I know it's not ideal, but it could cause a lot of issues for a number of players who don't have time to adjust setups for the new model if we were to race tonight.
I'd be happy to have a week break for the reasons everyone has said here. It's obviously not ideal, but neither is having the patch dropped on us a few hours before the race is meant to start. I imagine some drivers won't even have a chance to practice as they will be getting home just before the race and could cause issues. Plus I don't know what the situation with the DS is, it was refusing to work for us last night and we don't want to have a situation like the last 2 races where there has been massive connection problems. Personally I don't mind what happens, if we race then we race, if we don't then I think it's a perfectly reasonable excuse as to why we shouldn't.
It seems based on the replies so far that most people don't mind the race being delayed, but some people want to get the race over with, which is completely understandable.

Fortunately, I just learned that the Xbox leagues actually had to delay their races last week due to Xbox Live issues, so because of this, if we do delay today's races for PC & PS4, we won't be out of sync after all, we'll be ending the season on the same day still.

Maybe we could run tonight as a social race instead, for those who want to? That way we get to test both the new patch and the updated DS without it affecting the championship?

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
Maybe we could run tonight as a social race instead, for those who want to? That way we get to test both the new patch and the updated DS without it affecting the championship?
I'm up for this, sounds good ;)

Reactions: Yorkie065

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Here's what @DozerKitty has just sent me regarding the dedicated servers:

So this isn't really what we need to consider.

The main concern really is what @Yorkie065 and @Tipple pointed out (highlighted the main parts):

It seems based on the replies so far that most people don't mind the race being delayed, but some people want to get the race over with, which is completely understandable.

Fortunately, I just learned that the Xbox leagues actually had to delay their races last week due to Xbox Live issues, so because of this, if we do delay today's races for PC & PS4, we won't be out of sync after all, we'll be ending the season on the same day still.

I'm happy to go with what ever the majority want to do, I like the idea of racing in some unknown conditions and setups, but some people have been able to practice throughout the day whereas others haven't and will getting back just before the race, and I imagine some people will be annoyed to find the setup they used in the social yesterday has been made obsolete by this patch. I understand those who want to race, and those who don't, I'm happy to go with whatever is decided.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Any more thoughts on this lads? Would anyone be COMPLETELY AGAINST doing this, and then continue the schedule from next week onwards?

I'm kinda waiting for all the other PC cods to let me know what their preference, but @Yorkie065 and @Erti147 are presumably out doing some kind of important real life shizzle, and thus are not on the forum right this moment :nailbiting:

But as it stands right now, there will be some kind of racing tonight - either a normal race or a test/social race at Hockenheim - so just be prepared for one of those and I will update asap once we have made a final decision.

(@AJ, @Viceguy, @khaki, @USSRxALeXeR, @Yorkie065, @AndrexUK @F1-Masa, @centro, @Miniblack, @Papand, @Browneskiii, @Mazy CZ, @TonyR, @Togomies, @SilverArrow3, @Noztra, @hutch, @Tipple, @RC_MoNsteR_99, @Martin van der Bent, @Innitialization, @ramiboo, @Jellyfish, @Mathias Nielsen, @Lukas Fritsche)

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I would prefer to have a social.

Edit: Just read it over again, and I thought you were asking what we wanted :p
Either way, I still prefer a social!

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I just got home and I still have time to practice to see what is what, but I agree with @Yorkie065 on that one that it can produce a bit of a chaos to race today. Interesting thing, my steam didn't download anything, or was it just a very small patch?
I suggest @FisiFan91 to make a decision if we are gonna race tonight or it will be just a practice social race for us. I would rather pospone the race to the next week as I said earlier.

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
I just got home and I still have time to practice to see what is what, but I agree with @Yorkie065 on that one that it car produce a bit of a chaos to race today. Interesting thing, my steam didn't download anything, or was it just a very small patch?
I suggest @FisiFan91 to make a decision if we are gonna race tonight or it will be just a practice social race for us. I would rather pospone the race to the next week as I said earlier.
It was 1.3Gb

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
It was 1.3Gb
Wooot?? Hmm..interesting :D So let's race, I have no problems then haha :D
EDIT: Oh, it is downloaded already. But I swear, I just started the game, Steam went on and PCARS were loaded. No downloading, but maybe it was downloading in the background, but tuhis never happened before that I could play the game while dovnloading new patch

• Funny
Reactions: Yorkie065 and AJ

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Any more thoughts on this lads? Would anyone be COMPLETELY AGAINST doing this, and then continue the schedule from next week onwards?

I'm kinda waiting for all the other PC cods to let me know what their preference, but @Yorkie065 and @Erti147 are presumably out doing some kind of important real life shizzle, and thus are not on the forum right this moment :nailbiting:

But as it stands right now, there will be some kind of racing tonight - either a normal race or a test/social race at Hockenheim - so just be prepared for one of those and I will update asap once we have made a final decision.
I was working ok!!!

And @FisiFan91, see my post in the COD forum. But basically for everyone else who can't see it, my suggestion would be to run social tonight at Brands Hatch with similar conditions to last weeks league race (closest dry race we've done and should be fresh in peoples minds with terms of handling), but start the social at 7.30 with 1 hour practice to make setup adjustments (so those who come at 8 still have 30mins to adjust setups), 15mins quali, 5 min warm up and then 25 lap race. Should hopefully mean we finish around the usual time, and hopefully give people time to adjust setups and test the new heating changes and DS.

Reactions: ramiboo

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I was working ok!!!
I think that quite clearly goes under the description of "important real life shizzle" :p

And @FisiFan91, see my post in the COD forum. But basically for everyone else who can't see it, my suggestion would be to run social tonight at Brands Hatch with similar conditions to last weeks league race (closest dry race we've done and should be fresh in peoples minds with terms of handling), but start the social at 7.30 with 1 hour practice to make setup adjustments (so those who come at 8 still have 30mins to adjust setups), 15mins quali, 5 min warm up and then 25 lap race. Should hopefully mean we finish around the usual time, and hopefully give people time to adjust setups and test the new heating changes and DS.
God, the suggestions keep changing! :nailbiting:

What do people think about this then, if we are to do a social race tonight? Doing Brands makes more sense for testing purposes, since it's dry and can be directly compared to last week's happenings, although may be a bit annoying for those who have prepared a lot for a Hockenheim race tonight (although the patch probably messed with some of that preparation anyway)?

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Beppo and Yorkie065

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I think that quite clearly goes under the description of "important real life shizzle" :p

What do people think about this then, if we are to do a social race tonight? Doing Brands makes more sense for testing purposes, since it's dry and can be directly compared to last week's happenings, although may be a bit annoying for those who have prepared a lot for a Hockenheim race tonight (although the patch probably messed with some of that preparation anyway)?
It was the same suggestion :p lol

Well if we don't like wet, we can run clear weather at Hockenheim
I was thinking Brands in the dry again as we all already have a dry setup and therefore shouldn't take too much work. Hockenheim however, people probably have either a wet setup, and compromised setup for both wet and dry, or a dry setup. And trying to work with what people already have for just dry conditions could be difficult for some.

DozerKitty

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2015

(@AJ, @Viceguy, @khaki, @USSRxALeXeR, @Yorkie065, @AndrexUK @F1-Masa, @centro, @Miniblack, @Papand, @Browneskiii, @Mazy CZ, @TonyR, @Togomies, @SilverArrow3, @Noztra, @hutch, @Tipple, @RC_MoNsteR_99, @Martin van der Bent, @Innitialization, @ramiboo, @Jellyfish, @Mathias Nielsen, @Lukas Fritsche)

I say, we do a Le Mans, and just have fun! (Before anyone says it, yes, this does have a personal interest for me, with our Le Mans event :D ) we do a full day cycle, 60-90 minute race, all GT3. This will definitely test the DS, as well as the game for any bugs, especially as the LE Mans circuit has been one of the bigger issues with MSDC.

Just my 2 cents :D (And hopefully, @AndrexUK will see this, and not shut up about it, and everybody will be "fiiiiine, we'll do Le Mans, just to shut you up! :D )

• Optimistic
Reactions: Beppo

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
On note of the slowest league driver :bag:: I would be up for a brands hatch social Test race with extended practice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.