PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 1 - Hockenheim GP - 05/08/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 1 - Hockenheim GP - 05/08/15 @ 8:00pm

Viceguy

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Im gonna give up on the recording my replay. The recording was a mere ****ing abonomation of a huge turd size. ****ing 200gb for 1 hour of recording. Then i realised it recorded with my mic on - awful sound. Then i tried again, with my mic disabled. Lo and behold, no mic noise in the next huge ass turd file. But now there was no ****ing sound at all. **** sake. Im gonna upload my 1st lap with **** sound and show my start. ****. that. ****.

in case you have some moments that call for a stewards thread you can send the replay to me and i can record it for you :D

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
@Jepparh is the replay ok with no issues and "random" cars ?

Viceguy

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
my replay is officially retarded :D orange mclaren turned into a white,black and orange Z4 :p

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
Im gonna give up on the recording my replay. The recording was a mere ****ing abonomation of a huge turd size. ****ing 200gb for 1 hour of recording. Then i realised it recorded with my mic on - awful sound. Then i tried again, with my mic disabled. Lo and behold, no mic noise in the next huge ass turd file. But now there was no ****ing sound at all. **** sake. Im gonna upload my 1st lap with **** sound and show my start. ****. that. ****.
Hey, what kind of software did You use for recording? I think You should use nVoodia Shadowplay, or AMDee DVR (depending on what GPU you have) or e.g. Bandicam with nVoodia or AMDee codecs. Great quality, 0fps loss and tiny files.

Viceguy

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
you could also use "Open Software Broadcaster" or OBS for short.. easy to set up... extreme tiny files... great quality.. many twitch streamers use it aswell since it can both stream and record locally..
i recorded some go kart at some point.. 1 hour 15 minutes... 5000kbps and 60 fps full HD and its only 2.75GB

Mazy CZ

AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Im using MSI Afterburner. But yesterday I had to turn it off to get more FPS with full grid. Also I will adjust some graphics settings aswell. But for and hour of recording it is around 50GB in 720p and 60 FPS.
I will try that OBS...looks good

Viceguy

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Im using MSI Afterburner. But yesterday I had to turn it off to get more FPS with full grid. Also I will adjust some graphics settings aswell. But for and hour of recording it is around 50GB in 720p and 60 FPS.
I will try that OBS...looks good

it is good and very easy to use imo :D and its close to no fps loss at all...

Jepparh

Pro Karter
May 26, 2015
Hey, what kind of software did You use for recording? I think You should use nVoodia Shadowplay, or AMDee DVR (depending on what GPU you have) or e.g. Bandicam with nVoodia or AMDee codecs. Great quality, 0fps loss and tiny files.
Ive tried Fraps some time ago to stream, it resulted in a mere 30-40% fps drop. No thanks. Last night i tried OBS and MSI afterburner. OBS had a HORRIBLE quality, and msi afterburner seems extremly heavy, and had issues with the sound.

I use a 570gtx, you need the 6xx series as a minimum to use shadowplay unfortunally.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438864531][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the replay is decent. No issues that ive noticed.
@Jepparh is the replay ok with no issues and "random" cars ?

Viceguy

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Ive tried Fraps some time ago to stream, it resulted in a mere 30-40% fps drop. No thanks. Last night i tried OBS and MSI afterburner. OBS had a HORRIBLE quality, and msi afterburner seems extremly heavy, and had issues with the sound.

I use a 570gtx, you need the 6xx series as a minimum to use shadowplay unfortunally.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438864531][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the replay is decent. No issues that ive noticed.

try to go into the settings and set a higher bitrate with OBS... i use around 5000...

as i just made this OBS guide for @Mazy CZ i might aswell put it here aswell :D

1. first go into settings
2. under encoding set bitrate to 5000 and in general just the settings i use.
3. under video choose 60 FPS or what you do get :D
4. right click where it says scenes and click "add scene" name that scene what you want.
5. make sure Pcars or other game is open.
6. right click where it says sources and click "game capture"
7. make sure application says "[pcars64]: Project Cars TM"
8. now you are ready to start recording.. do that by pushing "start recording" it should show you a live picture of what you are recording while you are recording it.

picture guide included here :D

Last edited:

Jepparh

Pro Karter
May 26, 2015

This is my first lap in the race last night. Started from the last position due to dc in qualify. No ingame sound, so i put some mood music in that i thought fitted well.

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Had a reasonable start, although losing a place or two, I managed to squeeze past a couple of cars and just about miss the carnage going on at the hairpin to put myself in a good place to see how the race would shake out. Managed to pass a couple of people into clear air, and things were looking good, in 8th, with the gap behind growing, although the gap ahead was also out of reach.

But then I stepped out wide on T1 and lost the back on the grip-less apron, lazily sliding across the track into the wall. My lead to 9th was slashed and I had a damaged car, which, while more-or-less drivable, was lacking any sort of top speed. Was passed by everyone until the car became more lethal as the tyres wore out and the temps dropped, so I gave up the struggle and pitted. Thankfully I'd saved a strategy with no fuel and similar pressure, so I was in and out pretty quick, but still down in 2nd to last place. The second half of the race was kinda fun, pushing hard to catch and pass as many people as I could. In the end my fresher tyres got me as far at 11th (thanks to those who made it easy to pass), but was 25s away from a top 10.

With hindsight I should have pitted as soon as I could, the time I lost with damage might have got me a couple more points, but ultimately I've only myself to blame for losing out on a strong result. Slightly worried going forward with tyre wear at the end of the race if I don't stop next time, but there's no way I want to switch to a harder compound.

Mazy CZ

AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Here is my mistake and then a "1 lap" overtake :)

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014

And this is my onboard from the same overtake! Hockenheim always seems to deliver a great race for me :p

PedroRC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Qualified in 8th with not my best lap.

Sorry @AJ for hitting you at T1. waited to let him pass which put me in 17th. started to make up some places up till 8th. after that it was solo till 2 laps before the end and i caught up to the guys that were fighting for 4th. gained 2 more places after e few made mistakes and finished 6th.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I've just watched the replay between Me and Mazy going side by side as you can use dev cameras on replays.. I never realised how close we got!

For whatever reason the .png trick ain't working, so here's the link
https://gyazo.com/f424d824728a553c187794aa69b7a14a

Mazy CZ

AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
@Browneskiii And I accidentely switched car from my RUF to Audi :D LOL

But yes, that was a corner where we get the closest and didnt make any contact as far as Im aware :)

EDIT
@Browneskiii how did you manage to position the camera like that? I mean the normal chase camera is in the midle of a car and here it is moved to the left.

Viceguy

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
@Browneskiii And I accidentely switched car from my RUF to Audi :D LOL
traitor! :D how can you abandon the mighty dogs (ruf pun intended)
(yes i know the replays have a tendency to change cars just to be annoying :D)

Last edited: