PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 2 - Donington Park GP
GT3 Season 2

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 12th August 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 37 Laps

In-game time-of-day information (x10 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 06:00
- Anticipated race start time: 09:20
- Anticipated race finish time: 19:20

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the x10 time progression and that we have changed the tyre wear setting to Real.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
HD pic of the track with names of the corners. :)

[DOUBLEPOST=1438935252][/DOUBLEPOST]And a 3D pic. :)

Jepparh

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 26, 2015
Looks to me as a rather lowspeed track. Havent had to time to test anything yet.

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
S3 is, but S1 and S2 are fast, narrow and bumpy.. I find it quite tricky. Unfortunately I won't be at home whole weekend, so no practise any time soon :(

Last edited:

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
In theory this is the closest track in terms of car performance we go to all season. Z4 should be quickest in S1, The Aston in S2 and the RUF in S3. Looking likely that whoever leads into T1 will have an advantage all race as it's very hard to overtake cleanly. Going by leaderboards, pole time is likely to be in the low 26's or possible 25's depending on how much we lose through track conditions.
Even if it's half as good a race as Hockenheim was I'll be more than happy.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
In theory this is the closest track in terms of car performance we go to all season. Z4 should be quickest in S1, The Aston in S2 and the RUF in S3. Looking likely that whoever leads into T1 will have an advantage all race as it's very hard to overtake cleanly. Going by leaderboards, pole time is likely to be in the low 26's or possible 25's depending on how much we lose through track conditions.
Even if it's half as good a race as Hockenheim was I'll be more than happy.
Where will the Audi be fastest then? :p

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Where will the Audi be fastest then? :p
All round the circuit! It's a jack of all trades car.

I won't be there for this race. Shall be in Budapest raving it up at Sziget festival but I shall be back for Road America.

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Last corner is an absolute bitch to time right in iRacing. Not tested it in PC yet. A medium to high downforce circuit I think..

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
I really like Donington and I'm pretty familiar with it. There should be some nice, close battles, as no car is OVERPOWERED on this track. Looking forward to have a great race, as on Hockenheim!

This time, I'm aiming for the top! :sneaky:

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Once I bag a setup from someone (cough cough @Yorkie065), I should be able to join.

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
I guess this time I won't be racing at the front this time. Did some quick practise and seeing the TT times, I never gonna achieve that sadly. But I'll try my best. Also welcome to @Yorkie065 (long time fan of yours on youtube) and @F1-Masa

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If only this was possible for longer than a five lap race... @Browneskiii

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Lapping in the medium to low 1.28's around here on race fuel. Not tweaked the setup yet, quite happy with the default aero balance, think 2nd, 5th and 6th gear need a little tweaking. Apart from that I've not had any issues with overheating of the tyres etc. I've got quite a good flow around here, not sure how fast I'll be come race day, but I like this track.

Btw, I'm not the only one who doesn't know where to turn in for the final corner, am I? Every lap I just turn the wheel and hope I don't end up cutting the corner.. :D

Mazy CZ

AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Yep the last one is a gamble. If Im not understeering too deep in turn in I usually understeer on far exit. T1 is also hard to take it right

Last edited:

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Yep the last one is a gamble. If Im not understeering too deep in turn in I usually understeer on far exit. T1 is also hard to take it right
The only way I've found decent speed going through the final corner is to run wide on entry, then power out down the main straight.

Also for T1, come over onto the left as far as you can and hit the apex really late. It's a horrible corner because it looks like you can take a lot more speed than you actually can, fun track nonetheless.

Mazy CZ

AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
I hate the bump just at the braking point there. But you can also get good line and lap time with different lines there. Also good ovetaking spot if you go all to the left and the car behind will go yolo there in turn in. As the circuit os quite bumpy it will be about consistency and trying not to bin it somewhere and spin out.