PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Gutted!! Comfortable 4th place was in the bag, then I got a weird glitch that punted me off the track, like I was hit from behind. Dropped down the order as the tyres has lost temp, once I got them back I was able to try and fight back, but although I had speed I couldn't find a gap to get past. Eventually the last couple of laps I found myself back in 8th thanks to others falling off, just about managed to get the car around the last lap and finally to the finish. Apart from the glitch, this was one of my better races, no mistakes and a good consistent pace, happy with 8th in the end.

Almost forgot, PB in qualifying! Hit a 2:26 :D (still only 10th, but still happy with it)

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Great race guys, thanks for making my evening entertaining! Congrats to @khaki and the other podium sitters!

Thanks to Fisi and the other organisers as well!

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Pissed off would be an understatement.

Qualified quite far down the grid, managed to work my way through the field in the opening few laps, had a good battle with Silver Arrow, very good clean, hard and fair racing. It was clear to be a little way through the race that I just didn't have the pace of some of the front runners, so I just managed my tyres and defended the best I could, I was up into P9 and one point (thought I was gonna have a nose bleed I was that far up).

And of course, then an incident happened, I got hit up the backside going into the uphill right hander by Poppleton and it sent me flying into the barriers and left me with suspension damage for the remaining 20 or so laps. One of the guys at the back of the pack pitted which put me up into P16, I then saw that Jepparh pitted aswell, but in typical Finn fashion, he flew straight past me and I was down into the only points position available.

So yeah, quite pissed off considering it could have been a double figure points finish, but I guess a point is a point.

I'll upload my race perspective tomorrow.

Here's the incident with Poppleton. As you can see, I move to the inside to defend my position, then back onto the racing line. Which from every racing game I have played is a completely legitimate move. Not sure what you guys think, but yeah, a bit of colorful language was used when it happened

Aug 10, 2015
Great race everyone!
This what happened to me in mid-race (I thought it was over):

AndrexUK

?? 2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Was a mixed race....
Had a PB during Qually to put me on 5th, rather chuffed with that.
Got a great start, and stole 3rd into the first corner
Then it was just a case of follow @AfterAll14 for the entire race.
@Browneskiii was behind me, and hold a 5 second lead, with no change.
Heard @Browneskiii have the 'Knight Rider 2 wheel bug' behind me and he dropped back a position or 2.
Then @AfterAll14 also got hit by the same bug, dropping his lead of 15 seconds, down to 2.
Had a guilty feeling of 'Oooo, I'll take that' but he held position, and started to ease away from me.
Then, lap 35 of 37, and I get hit by the bug too - lasted ofr about 2 corners, and parked me in the gravel.
Lost 3rd to @Browneskiii, and @SilverArrow3 took 4th as I got back onto the track.
Held 5th to the end, in a damaged car.

If you would have said "Do you want a 5th place finish?" before the race, i would have taken it with a huge grin!.
But with a foot almost on the podium again, I fell gutted.

Was still an enjoyable race.

As always, Thanks to all, and big thanks to @FisiFan91

Andy

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
I had a decent qual lap, decent start and decent overall pace, so I safely got my car to the finish line in the first position, without "flip-flop-barrel-roll" bugs, disconnections, collisions, spins or something :)

It's a shame, that @F1-Masa and @Noztra got disconnected.

@F1-Masa, I would love to have a battle with You, but most likely, You would have been about 15s in front of me ;D

Congratulations everybody, thanks @FisiFan91 for organizing another great race. See You guys next week!

Last edited:

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
  • AJ

AJ

Dropped down to 16th on lap 2 when i went in to hot at the chicane and spun, climbed by up a few places and screwed up again at the chicane which dropped me down to 18th then finally found some consistency, climbed back up to 11th and caught upto the train of 5 cars so a top 6 was still possible, as we was going down towards chicane i went up inside of jepparh but dives ahead and next lap he tries same but spins and i unavoidably crashed into him, went off track and had to sit and wait for cars to pass, so a mixture of feelings, mostly annoyed with myself but had fun working way through field.

Last edited:

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I think most people had a lot of ups and down during that race! First of all, really bad luck for @F1-Masa & @Noztra to get disconnected at the worst possible time, such a shame :( And also, bad luck to everyone who everyone who encountered the "invisible flip glitch" (no idea what else to call it lol) - might have to reconsider Silverstone's place on the calendar if that's something that still can happen there as well.

My qualifying wasn't the best. I got a pretty decent lap in at the start of the session, but after that I either messed up my laps or couldn't find clear space on the track, so my banker lap was only enough for me to start 16th.

Then the race was all about consistency. I knew I didn't have the best pace around here, and I was struggling a bit at times to keep up with people, but with the track being how it is, I knew it was likely that people ran into problems, and sure enough, I gradually picked up positions as a result of others running off the track, getting corner cut slow-downs, or getting into incidents. Whereas I just casually kept driving my race without touching anyone or anything, and suddenly I was 7th :p

In the final few laps I ended up in a battle with a damaged @Miniblack who put up a great defensive fight and I just couldn't get past him. At one point we even went side by side for like half a lap without me being able to pull it off! Luckily for me, he finally got forced into a little mistake with only a couple of laps to go, so I got past him, but annoyingly @Tipple got past me at the same time so I was still in 7th! So that's what I had to settle for. But I'll gladly take that considering my pace and where I started :)

So cheers for the race guys, and congrats to the top 3 @khaki, @AfterAll14 & @Browneskiii - and whoever else felt they had a good result!

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Oh by the way, did anyone who recorded the race by any chance open the post-race results screen that shows the fastest lap times? If so, it would be great if you could take a screenshot and post it!

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
@FisiFan91 That 3 wide down the straight into the chicane has taken years off my life, my heart couldn't take it! I don't know how we all got through there without crashing and burning :jawdrop:

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 That 3 wide down the straight into the chicane has taken years off my life, my heart couldn't take it! I don't know how we all got through there without crashing and burning :jawdrop:
Hahaha! Yeah, that was pretty crazy. I kinda went on the wrong side of @Miniblack tbh as he was defending the inside, but I tried to squeeze through on the left anyway lol, since I had been going for the right on my previous attempts with no success :p

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Hahaha! Yeah, that was pretty crazy. I kinda went on the wrong side of @Miniblack tbh as he was defending the inside, but I tried to squeeze through on the left anyway lol, since I had been going for the right on my previous attempts with no success :p
It was so unexpected for me, I thought I was going to have to wait a few laps to get a chance to make a move, then all of a sudden I had gained 2 positions!

I tried to get a video of it from the replay, but as per usual the replay is broken and @Miniblack isn't there for me so it just looks silly :(

Jepparh

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 26, 2015
God awful race. Sorry for the unconvinience ive created for others due to my crashed this race. 6th on qualy, 4 after first corner, ended 16.

Aug 10, 2015
@FisiFan91 First of all I forgot to tell you on teamspeak - this forum is AMAZING. It's brilliant - functionality, message system, everything. Great work man, really nice to see racing league forum in such condition - it is good representation of the whole idea of simracing and e-sports competition.

Secondly about this bugs: yeah Silverstone has high chance of this bug too, I expirienced it at its worth:

But if you are going to replace this track - please change it to something slow for Astons to counteract it's superiority in Monza. They have 10+kph advantege there, other tracks are more or less balanced. This just to make championship more fair and intense.

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
im sad i missed this race as i actually liked the track and had very good consistency on it... especially since you guys sound to have had loads of fun :D

yeah silverstone have that aswell :D should put in Monaco with heavy rain and fog :D
(yes im gonna keep asking for that race in a league until it happens :p)

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
im sad i missed this race as i actually liked the track and had very good consistency on it... especially since you guys sound to have had loads of fun :D

yeah silverstone have that aswell :D should put in Monaco with heavy rain and fog :D
(yes im gonna keep asking for that race in a league until it happens :p)
Don't forget the midnight start time!

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 First of all I forgot to tell you on teamspeak - this forum is AMAZING. It's brilliant - functionality, message system, everything. Great work man, really nice to see racing league forum in such condition - it is good representation of the whole idea of simracing and e-sports competition.
Much appreciated man, I'm glad you like it :)

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Standings have been updated!

As mentioned, I didn't get the fastest lap times for the race, so if anyone by some miracle have them then let me know :)