PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Well I have mixed emotions after that race. On pure pace I do not deserve a podium. At all. But winning championships are down to your bad races, and after the last 48 hours, I was thinking I'd be lucky to lead the championship after this race. In fact I'm lucky to be able to race that and not take anyone out.

Qualifying wasn't too bad I guess, I had the lag issue where my car claims it's doing 140 down the straight but it felt more like 20 and then my screen speeds up, so I had one lap to put in a qualifying time. 26.3 isn't bad as it's less than 4 tenths off my pb but it was only good enough for 6th! Masa's time was absolutely ridiculous though, like what? I thought you guys thought I was an alien?

The race started and I creeped off the line because I didn't wanna wreck anyone. I think I had a bit of a faster start than others, but I didn't gain or lose anything, and I was insanely cautious in the first corner incase I lag hit someone. Luckily nothing major happened.
Miniblack was all over me for the first few laps, until I got a questionable penalty and he overtook me. Unfortunately he span a few laps later, so I was in 4th behind the OP Aston's and @AndrexUK. I was saying to myself that 3rd place would be amazing, so I put in a few decent laps but I didn't want to wreck my tyres as I knew the end race was more important.
The gap was roughly 5-6 seconds all the time until lap 19 when I got the bastard glitch which pretty much everyone got! But I got major damage involved with mine, so I had to do pretty much 20 laps with a broken steering rack (only just but it was noticeable) and a car which didn't feel right under braking. I don't think I dared to go more than 60% brake the whole race I was that worried about the spins I've been getting.

I was now behind @SonOfMaw and I just couldn't get close, but I could somewhat keep up. And then he got the bastard glitch too :( Then when Andrex was cruising to 3rd he also got it leaving me with 3rd. I feel bad getting a podium under them circumstances but **** happens right? :p

It may be my worst ever result in this league by a long way, but I've proved to myself that when things go wrong I can come out of it with a good result, so happy with my position, but I need to improve in Road America.

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Bad bad performance from myself yesterday.
I had pretty good quali putting me 4th on the grid but had cautious start and I lost a few positions but I saw RUF of @AfterAll14 in the lead which was great ;)
Then In lap 2 I think Audi in front had slow down penalty after the chicane and I had nowhere to go so I slamed into him and I guess I damaged my font and the car was understeery and poor on the brakes aswell and I couldn't get off 1:28's, even though I was able to lap comfortably in 1:27s in practice. Then I was getting robbed left, right, centre and I fell back down to 11th in front of @FisiFan91
Thnaks to slow down penalties of other guys I was back to 7th I think. I caught up with @Miniblack and he made his car so wide that it was unable to pass. I also dive-bombed him and @FisiFan91 into the final corner after they were battling hoping for the best but that was not very clever as I hit Miniblack and spin him around. I apologise to both of them. Then I made some mistakes, I got pushed wide in some corners but in last laps I get slow down penalty which send me spinning round and I lost a lot of positions and lap later in different corner the same thing happend so I finished low down the field.

Well done to podium finishers and bad luck to dsc guys. :(

I had some questionables contacts throughout the race but thanks to the track you have to "force" your way through if you are faster so I won't be putting anything up.

Looking forward to Road america and night race. I think it will be a challenge ;)

@F1-Masa 1:24:9 in quali WFT????????? Well done, shame for your DSC mate

Last edited:
May 27, 2015
Hi guys, I got absolutely terrible race yesterday, wrong setup, no proper training, I was sliding through all the corners with no control of the car. I kind of expected it because I did not train properly in last month and my performance was not good already in the end of season 1.

Because I will not have more time for pCars in next two months, I cannot expect to get any better. So I decided to stop being danger to faster drivers :) and leave the league. I discussed it with Fisi, and he is ok with it because Miniblack should replace me and the grid will stay full and even more competitive.

It was really great time with all of you and I hope I will be able to race properly again and come back to the GT3 league at some point. Or at least for some social races, so see you later!

And not to forget MASSIVE thanks to the organizers, this forum is great!

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
I feel embarrassed of my poor driving yesterday, simply one of my worst ever league performances. Because of lack of practise, I didn't expect magic, but still.. Started from the back, I tried to be as careful as possible, but than I touched the brakes slightly somewhere in middle sector, got slide and went straight to wall. Went to pits and after that it was lonely race, the only cars I saw were the ones who lapped me. Got that physics bug as well, suddenly my car was lifted up and taken from track :banghead:.

I will miss next two races due to vacation, have fun during the night races.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Premium Member
Mar 4, 2015
After yesterday I don't know if I belong into this league. xD Quite happy with qualifying, although it was three tenths of my PB. Had a good launch of the line for my standards and could gain one position. I dropped to the back of the queue as I made a mistake on lap two going side by side with @FisiFan91 (at least I couldn't see you in my mirror, so I thought you were on my inside xD). @AJ had to overtake me twice because he made mistakes, but in the end I just tried to hang on to this little group. That went not that well, but until lap 14 or sth the gap was still within two seconds.
But then, suddenly, my pace (which wasn't consistent anyway) was absolutely gone, I did high 29s or sth at average because I just made the same mistake almost every lap. xD On lap 24 I had enough, my tyres also wouldn't make it until the end, so I pitted. Pace was still bad after that and when @SilverArrow3 (I actually thought after the last races of the last season I'd be able to come near his pace) lapped me, I was done.
Well, no points, not consistent, too many mistakes, I hope it'll be better next week. :)

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014

Here's my qualifying lap! Lost all my time I gained in the final corner, could have had 3rd or 4th but meh, it wasn't important for this race.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Qualify:
Took it pretty easy in the qualify because i knew i wouldnt be able to keep up with the rockets in the front, and usually first corner is a nightmare. So my plan was to see other people crash and gain some positions. :) So qualified 20(i think) which was ok.

Race:
Disconnected twice during warm-up, and the last time there wasnt enough time to reconnect so i missed the race. :/
5-7 hours of practice wasted, but the worst part is, that during practice I had alot better race pace than qualifing pace. So i was pretty confident about a top 10 finish and some points, but **** happens, and i hope its better next race. :)

But congratulations to the winners and @FisiFan91 for hosting. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1439471825][/DOUBLEPOST]An idea about disconnecting. Not because i was the only one disconnecting, but because it could happen again to everyone else in the future, and i think we should try to avoid it.

Could it be an idea to increase the warm-up from 5 to 10mins? Then instead of people who disconnect only have 1-2 mins to rejoin, with 10mins they would have 5-7 mins to rejoin?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
An idea about disconnecting. Not because i was the only one disconnecting, but because it could happen again to everyone else in the future, and i think we should try to avoid it.

Could it be an idea to increase the warm-up from 5 to 10mins? Then instead of people who disconnect only have 1-2 mins to rejoin, with 10mins they would have 5-7 mins to rejoin?
Do you find that disconnections usually happen during the skip between qualy and warmup?

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Do you find that disconnections usually happen during the skip between qualy and warmup?
Actually the first time i disconnect during league racing. :) But it wasnt during the transition between the qualy and wamup. It was then i drove out of the pit in the begining of the warmup.

Sry @FisiFan91 didnt read your question probally. :) The disconnect ive seen, usually happens during warmup.

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Actually the first time i disconnect during league racing. :) But it wasnt during the transition between the qualy and wamup. It was then i drove out of the pit in the begining of the warmup.

Sry @FisiFan91 didnt read your question probally. :) The disconnect ive seen, usually happens during warmup.
I was just asking since to me it doesn't really make sense to extend warmup unless it's normal that people get disconnected at the end of qualifying. Because then people could just as easily get disconnected in the middle of warmup and we'd be in the same situation?

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
I was just asking since to me it doesn't really make sense to extend warmup unless it's normal that people get disconnected at the end of qualifying. Because then people could just as easily get disconnected in the middle of warmup and we'd be in the same situation?
I can only talk about my experience about last night. Me and @F1-Masa didnt have time to rejoin the warmup because it was only 5mins and you have to join 3-4mins before the warmup ends. Ofc i people disconnect at the end of the 10min wamup the problem would still be the same. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1439474453][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can only talk about my experience about last night. Me and @F1-Masa didnt have time to rejoin the warmup because it was only 5mins and you have to join 3-4mins before the warmup ends. Ofc i people disconnect at the end of the 10min wamup the problem would still be the same. :)

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Yes but let's say we had a 10 minute warmup, and then you got disconnected 5 minutes later instead, then you would still have the same amount of time to rejoin the session as you did yesterday! Or you could have disconnected 5 minutes earlier, and then you'd have more time to rejoin. So regardless of how long we make warmup, how much time you have to rejoin ultimately comes down to when you disconnect from the session. I hope I'm making sense.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Yes but let's say we had a 10 minute warmup, and then you got disconnected 5 minutes later instead, then you would still have the same amount of time to rejoin the session as you did yesterday! Or you could have disconnected 5 minutes earlier, and then you'd have more time to rejoin. So regardless of how long we make warmup, how much time you have to rejoin ultimately comes down to when you disconnect from the session. I hope I'm making sense.
Yeah you are making perfect sense mate. :) It is completely down to when you disconnect, but i can only talk from my experience last night. And last night, a 10min warmup would have saved @F1-Masa and myself. :)

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Yeah you are making perfect sense mate. :) It is completely down to when you disconnect, but i can only talk from my experience last night. And last night, a 10min warmup would have saved @F1-Masa and myself. :)
I understand. If it becomes a regular occurrence that people disconnect at the end of qualifying or at the start of warmup, then we can look at increasing the warmup length :)

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
I understand. If it becomes a regular occurrence that people disconnect at the end of qualifying or at the start of warmup, then we can look at increasing the warmup length :)
Cool mate. Thx. :)

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys, I got absolutely terrible race yesterday, wrong setup, no proper training, I was sliding through all the corners with no control of the car. I kind of expected it because I did not train properly in last month and my performance was not good already in the end of season 1.

Because I will not have more time for pCars in next two months, I cannot expect to get any better. So I decided to stop being danger to faster drivers :) and leave the league. I discussed it with Fisi, and he is ok with it because Miniblack should replace me and the grid will stay full and even more competitive.

It was really great time with all of you and I hope I will be able to race properly again and come back to the GT3 league at some point. Or at least for some social races, so see you later!

And not to forget MASSIVE thanks to the organizers, this forum is great!

That's a shame mate. Thanks for participating in S1 and S2. Hopefully we'll see you again. (y)

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014

:]
I forgot to save my replay, so I couldnt get replay cameras, so yeah.. Just the race. Lap 20 was my glitch if anyone wants to see that!

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Another attempt of some sort of commentary :)
You can also hit like and comment directly on youtube :)

Last edited: