PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 3 - Road America - 19/08/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 3 - Road America - 19/08/15 @ 8:00pm

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 3 - Road America
GT3 Season 2

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 19th August 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 27 Laps

In-game time-of-day information (x10 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 17:00
- Anticipated race start time: 20:20
- Anticipated race finish time: 06:20

Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the x10 time progression and that we have changed the tyre wear setting to Real.

Use of headlights at night: Please note the rule about the use of headlights during night time conditions. Make sure you have a button assigned for this before entering the session.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oh what's that? I heard that we have to give the win to the same guy who won it last season? I'm not gonna complain :playful:

But in all seriousness, I only won that because of strategy. Another Aston track unfortunately, just gotta pick up the pieces and get another podium before the Z4 tracks later in the season!

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Had one of my best finishes here last season, hope this seasons bad luck ends 3rd time lucky, definitely going to be interesting in night conditions.

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Looking forward to this one and night race. Im guessing it will be quite a challenge ;)

Ryan Smith

Formula Karter
Apr 28, 2015
If you want to see how powerful the Aston is around this track, check out @FisiFan91's video on his YouTube channel. I drafted him out of the final corner, half way down the start finish straight and blazed passed him. It was almost like I was using KERS and DRS, the speed the Aston has here is crazy!

Also, for the guys that used the McLaren last season, did you find that the car wasn't quick on the exit of slow corners? Round Hockenheim (out of the hairpin) and out of the hairpin at Donnington everyone else seemed to just drive into the distance while I was still trying to get some somewhat power to the rear wheels.

Looking forward to driving into the night on this one, track+tyre temperature will be really tricky. Leaves me with a dilemma really, do I set my car up on low pressures and go for it on lap 1 and pay the price later, or do I set the car up on high pressures, struggle for the first few laps but become quicker into the night? The second option means the tyres are going to have a little more wear.. Decisions, decisions :p

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015
For thoese interested Project Cars DK are hosting a multiclass(LMP1/GT3) race on Road America tonight at 20pm GMT+2

Servername: [BSR]#1
Password: hundemad
TeamSpeak: ts.bumb.dk

Track: Road America
Laps: TBA

Lobbystart: 19:50.
Practice: 15 mins (20:05)
Qualifying: 30 mins (20:20) (15 mins GT3, 15 mins LMP)
Warmup: 10 mins (20:50)
Race: 21:00

Driving Assist: Real
Force Manual Gear: no
Damage: Full
Mechanical Faults: Yes
Weather: Expect anything
Tire Degradation: Real
Weather Progression: Real
Time Progression: 5x
Rolling start. Same procedure as Nürburgring
In-game race start: 20:00

Safetycar: DozerKitty

We had one of the best races yet at Nürburgring, and we got some stuff implemented with safetycar and proper rolling start. We're gonna continue to do this.

Please make sure to read over the entire information for this race, so we don't get a lot of last minute questions about stuff you should already know ;)

Rules, Guidelines and General stuff:

Safety car: There will be a safetycar, and it may be deployed throughout the race. It will be deployed during the formation lap.

Rolling start: There will be a manual rolling start. We will have a standing start, and the safetycar will guide you through the first lap, as a formation lap, and give the green flag when the lap is coming to an end.

Practice: Throghout the week, we will open up the server at 8pm GMT+2/CEST, with various settings on weather. It will usually be open for 6 hours, and this will occur a minimum of 3 times during the week (monday, wednesday, friday). It may also be open on other days of the week.

Qualification: The session will be split up into 2, with the first 15 minutes allocated to LMP1 and the last 15 minutes allocated to GT3.
*LMP1 session will run from 00:00 minutes to 00:16 minutes. The pit will be closed for exits at 00:12 minutes.
*GT3 session will run from 00:14 minutes to 00:30 minutes.
May 26, 2015
@Martin van der Bent Will you be back for this one mate? If so, make sure you let me know what car you want to be driving this season.
Yes I'm back! Im thinking about switching to the mclaren for this season, but want to do a little bit of testing tonight/tomorrow because I've spend only 1 or 2 hours behind the mclaren wheel. Want to make sure I can finish the race without a stop for petrol/tyres. Will let you know tomorrow what the car will be!
May 26, 2015
Yes I'm back! Im thinking about switching to the mclaren for this season, but want to do a little bit of testing tonight/tomorrow because I've spend only 1 or 2 hours behind the mclaren wheel. Want to make sure I can finish the race without a stop for petrol/tyres. Will let you know tomorrow what the car will be!
I'll go for a challenge, give me the mclaren for this season;)

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Run about 5 laps with full tanks. 2 seconds off my pace in Q last season...

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I was 3.5s off the pole pace here last season after having had very little time to practice. The practice situation will probably be the same this time, so just hoping to be closer than that now really :p

GP2 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
It's a bit late I know, but I wanted to do a practise session so here it is. Last week was successful so I thought we would try again. There will be more notice in the future. I think I might do this every tuesday, let me know what you think.

@Browneskiii, @FisiFan91, @Michal7M, @RC_MoNsteR_99, @Canisbe, @Martin Kučera, @Jepparh, @AndrexUK, @Noztra, @Mazy CZ, @AJ, @poppleton, @Tipple, @Viceguy, @SonOfMaw, @SilverArrow3, @khaki, @Ryan Smith, @CQR Myles

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
minor set back... my GPU died like a car spinning at Eau Rouge :D
luckily i ordered a new one that hopefully will arrive tomorrow and hopefully i will have everything ready again for the race... will let you know if i wont be ready

SMS Representative
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 19, 2014
I'm back from Budapest, along with a horrendous cough and what is probably just a cold! But I should be there for the social race tonight, and also for the main race tomorrow.

Hopefully the PC will hold together without any issues. Come back to it behaving weirdly for some reason which I'm suspecting was updating to the latest graphics drivers that I did yesterday. Ever since I've had issues recording on Dirt Rally, a blue screen and multiple graphics driver kernal crashes.