PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 5 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 02/09/15 @8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 5 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 02/09/15 @8:00pm

CQR Myles

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 13, 2015
Quite annoyed, did a lot of race practice and my race lasted 5 seconds

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
What to say...? I'm soo disappointed. I felt comfortable before the race, I had couple of hours practise for this one, but once again, I sc***ed it up completely. In qualy I forgot to change to softs, kept mediums on front tyres, so my time was off the pace. At the start, some Audi pushed me to wall, got damage. Tried to keep up, but I decided to pit in lap 6. Another mistake, I kept all softs, which were gone pretty quickly, so I had to pit again. Maybe it was possible to make it, hard to tell.
With fresh tyres, I was really quick. Unfortunately too quick, I didn't realize I'm closing the front runners who lapped me during my pit stop. Once again, big sorry to @AndrexUK, didn't want to scare you. I haven't realized I was lapped already, during the pit stop. Once I saw the blue flag, I went straight off the track. I'm aware I was close to ruin your race. Sorry.

Have fun next race, unfortunately I can't race next week :(

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 19, 2014
Just a note about the dip and flip/fork lift bug, whatever people want to call it. One of the guys from The Gentlemans Club PM'd me a few days ago when I posted in the thread that a few people had commented in on the subject over on the PCars official forums. He said that Elmo (another guy in TGC and also works for SMS) has got in touch with them to ask for vids with telelmetry. The devs have managed to find something weird and are working on it, with hopefully their first solution going through testing. Whether it actually fixes the issue or not, I don't know, but at least it sounds like there is something and a possible solution coming in the future. Hopefully we'll see something in the next patch that can at least reduce the issue.

As for the future, I guess we can't stop this season as we're half way through, but it might be wise to discuss possible ideas for next season. I think a delay between seasons until the game is more ironed out with the pitstop bugs, and also see if this dip and flip bug gets fixed could be a wise idea too. I've got a number of ideas as well that could improve next season which if people are open ears to, feel free to contact me. I'm sure I'll grab hold of @FisiFan91 some point in the future and throw them his way :p

Ryan Smith

Formula Karter
Apr 28, 2015
Just a note about the dip and flip/fork lift bug, whatever people want to call it. One of the guys from The Gentlemans Club PM'd me a few days ago when I posted in the thread that a few people had commented in on the subject over on the PCars official forums. He said that Elmo (another guy in TGC and also works for SMS) has got in touch with them to ask for vids with telelmetry. The devs have managed to find something weird and are working on it, with hopefully their first solution going through testing. Whether it actually fixes the issue or not, I don't know, but at least it sounds like there is something and a possible solution coming in the future. Hopefully we'll see something in the next patch that can at least reduce the issue.

As for the future, I guess we can't stop this season as we're half way through, but it might be wise to discuss possible ideas for next season. I think a delay between seasons until the game is more ironed out with the pitstop bugs, and also see if this dip and flip bug gets fixed could be a wise idea too. I've got a number of ideas as well that could improve next season which if people are open ears to, feel free to contact me. I'm sure I'll grab hold of @FisiFan91 some point in the future and throw them his way :p
I suggested giving it a little while before we started this season just so WMD could look into the pit-stop glitch and indeed the demonic flipping :p

AJ

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Fingers crossed

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Throw and I'll catch :)

AndrexUK

🏅 PC Ginetta Elite League Champion
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, that was unexpected!!!
Qually was going well, and I was on 4th or 5th for a while, with not much time left to go.
But then some of the other guys got some faster laps in, and dropped me down to 8th.
I felt that was about right, so can't complain.

Decided to run with hards, and not stop during the race. looks to have been the right choice, certainly for me anyway.
Got a good start, and JUUUUUST managed to avoid the start line pile using full right lock - thankfully the good start meant I had space to my side to go into.
Gained me up to about 5th or 6th, and just tried to settle down, and hold ppl up :) Didn't expect many others to be not stopping, so I knew ppl would get past eventually,
@FisiFan91 was behind me (I don't think I've had a race where we've not had a little battle, so it was nice to see him in my mirrors (rather than in front :p ) Fisi started the overtaking parade with a nice move round the outside, I just didn't have the grip to hold on.
One or more other guys got past, but then there was contact between a couple of guys right behind me which caused a few to spin out, or at best loose a lot of time.
so was holding onto about 7th or 8th till about lap 15 or so, when ppl started pitting, or if not pitting, the tyres were dropping off quicker than mine.
was up to about 5th, and by lap 20 or so, was catching up on 3rd or 4th, when @Mazy CZ (in 2nd?) hit his land mine. Was impressive to see the underside of the RUF as I drove past.
Was gaining good time on @Tipple in the last 3 or 4 laps, and he started sliding about too much.
Was about 0.5 behind him at the start of the last lap, and felt there was a good chance of getting past.
Then someone mentioned that @F1-Masa was stuck, so there was even a chance of a win on the cards.
Masa got going again, and I managed to get past Tipple on the inside when he out-braked himself a little on the back straight.
Finishing 2nd, but the fact 1 or 2 ppl ahead were hit by bugs takes a little bit of a shine off it. But it happened to me a couple of races ago, so I'll take it.

Thanks all for good racing.

And as always, huge thanks to Fisi for running the show.

Andy

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
On a brighter note my race report.

Qualifying went well for the most part, like Michal I forgot to change my front tyres and got like a 44.3 or something slow like that, and then I had traffic for a few laps and then finally on my final lap I pull out a pb from nowhere and only 3 tenths off Masa, which I'll happily take.

Race.. Well, what can I say? I started in gear because the game hates me and I automatically got a penalty. I gear down because I wanted to start in neutral and it stalls me.. But I didnt realise until I started to rev later on and it was too late, and I'm down in last basically.

Stressed like **** after another bad race I lag hit @Viceguy but was told to carry on. I knew that I didn't need to pit, so I had hope of potentially a podium if I didn't have the forklift glitch but very little amount of people actually pitted.
I consistently put in low 44's and just pray people's tyres die, luckily whenever I got up to a car they knew I wasn't battling with them and didn't fight too hard.

Somehow got up to 5th and then forklifted to put me down to 7th, but then both @poppleton and @Martin van der Bent spun and I finished 5th and gained in the championship. :]
Can't complain at the championship, but the game let me down with the start :(
< Thats my qualifying

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Well, the bugs made my race yesterday. :D
In quali I put a whopping low 43's which I was blown off by. I started on P4.

Thanks to start bugs and pile up, I was up to 2nd and behind @F1-Masa and 2 RUFs behind with @AfterAll14 and @Tipple. MAsa started to pull the gap slightly by a second a lap and my target lap times were low 44's which I did consistently so I was confident. I had softs on with strategy to not pit as I knew I can make it with no problems appart from bug strike. An also I thought Masa will pit, but he didn't. And then on lap 24 or so, in the last corner there she goes. Car started flipping but I managed to save it and keep the car on the black stuff. But all the way down the main straight the car was slow and the steering wheel was broken but I kept it calm and carried on. During T3 it flips again sending me into the half spin. Tipple went by sayng "Mazy do you have bug aswell?"..and his car starts to bounce aswell :D then i T4, it got a bit worse than expected and the game actually roll my car in spectacular manner over the roof of my RUF which allowed @AndrexUK to see my RUF's underwear. After that, it was finally gone and I could drove again. But I was loosing 3 sec per lap and then I switched to the chase camera and found out that my rear bumper is ripping of my car and I had no rear wing aswell (which I noticed just after the race anyway) So I was down to P4 and also finished P4 which is fine wit the bugs so pretty hapy with that.

No wonder now they are called "Slightly mad" studio ;) Hopefully they can fix it as it ruins the fun.
Appart from that, congratz to @F1-Masa, well deserved victory with drama at the end there ;), and to @AndrexUK and @Tipple for podiums. Also GJ to @Browneskiii to finish P5 with penalty and being last at the start.
I was so surpriced that so few cars pitted. But I guess I was the only one who brought the car home with softs all around the car ;).

Thanks to organisers aswell nad I'll see you lot in a week..

Cheers

P.S. Video is going to be short I guess :D

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
And round she goes...

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014

Here's mine. Almost flipped it, but luckily I turned into it and only spun!

AJ

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Think my car was getting humped from 0:25 onwards.

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much since I didn't have a lot of time to practice, and limited idea of what to do on setup. Qualifying went pretty well, with a huge PB (still not near the front though)

As for the race, although my usual bad start dropped me back, I made up quite a few due to the weird pileup on the start. Managed to fend off and even gain a spot on the first couple of laps before I found myself catching @AndrexUK. Was starting to probe possible places to put a move on him before the back end came around after an awkward exit of the final chicane. Put me in the pit-wall and I was forced to pit.

For a short while I actually thought I'd get away with making it a simple tyre stop so I could make it to the end, but the pit-crew reverted to form and forgot to change my tyres, so I was forced to make an attempt to get to the end on one set. However the car became incredibly unstable and I made a second stop to put fresh tyres on. Didn't really improve matters very much though and I ended up a pretty disappointing 15th.

Hoping for a better setup and no mistakes next week to get myself back into the top 10.

F1-Masa

3-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 6, 2015
any can watch replay my last lap flip because i dont remember save replay.

PedroRC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Qualifyied in 6th with my last flying lap and 5 sec left on the clock.

a bit of a frustrating race for me. @Browneskiii and @khaki who were both in front of me didnt move at the start and i hit Khaki dropping me from 6th to 12th. was stuck behind @Martin van der Bent who defended well and was on harder tyres i think and i couldnt get passed on the sthraight either as i forgot to change my gears. as i finaly had a chance to pass when 2 cars in front of me collided but forced me off track and got a 10 sec penalty for it. pitted at the end of lap 13 for new softs. gained a few places in the last laps and finished 9th.