PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 6 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP - 09/09/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 6 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP - 09/09/15 @ 8:00pm

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 6 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP
GT3 Season 2

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 9th September 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 30 Laps

In-game time-of-day information (x10 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 06:00
- Anticipated race start time: 09:20
- Anticipated race finish time: 19:20

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the x10 time progression and that we have changed the tyre wear setting to Real.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Looking forward to this one, 0-0 wings and power on down the straights! Keeping the brakes cool here might be an issue..

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Like I said in the main thread, potentially missing this one depending on which day I go back to uni. Either way, it's monza and with little practice (there's no point practicing if I don't know I'll be there or not!) so if I am there it'll probably be another relatively low position

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Like I said in the main thread, potentially missing this one depending on which day I go back to uni. Either way, it's monza and with little practice (there's no point practicing if I don't know I'll be there or not!) so if I am there it'll probably be another relatively low position
Translated: I'll still be 2 seconds ahead of most of the field, qualifying within the top 3. ;)

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
  • AJ

AJ

Not a fan of this track, love the speed but i just find this track rather dull, only 3 turns and 3 chicanes with rest straights.

Noztra

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015
What times are people running on this track? And top speed? :)

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Translated: I'll still be 2 seconds ahead of most of the field, qualifying within the top 3. ;)
Nah, Monza and the Z4 don't get on very well. (It's like one is @Ryan Smith and one is @Viceguy :angelic:) And it's already like 2 seconds off the pace of the Aston, so I'll be midfield this time if I make it!

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Having a fair bit of trouble with the brakes and the chicane curbs. Things are like mountains. Brakes keep locking too.. :/

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Really struggling here. My car hates curbs :( And I had better top speed td Sakkito than here thanks to the downhill start finish straight. Here, teh car feels somewhat lazy.

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Okay, I will be racing, Sonoma may be in doubt though.
Now to do practice which I desperately need :p

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Still can't get the braking sorted out. Every time I go near the pedal into the first corner, 2nd chicane and Parabolica the fronts keep locking. Move the bias back and the minute I touch the brakes the thing wants to enter the counter backwards :(

Miniblack

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
Might not be able to make the race, but if im online, then invite :)

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Managing low 45's, I could get a 44 if I managed to hop over the first chicane just right, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with that. Still to determine pressures for race conditions though, so might not manage that come Thursday.

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Managing low 45's, I could get a 44 if I managed to hop over the first chicane just right, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with that. Still to determine pressures for race conditions though, so might not manage that come Thursday.
Jesus christ. I'm not even out of the 47's..
[DOUBLEPOST=1441711909][/DOUBLEPOST]
What times are people running on this track? And top speed? :)
I'm running 47's, 46's on a very good lap without any lock ups. I'm topping out at around 165-168mph.

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
With about 10 laps practice, I've done high 45's on race pace which should relate to about a low 45 or high 44 in quali.
Miles off the pace off the Astons but a top 5 here will be extremely good for me. Fighting the Audi boys I reckon.

poppleton

Formula Karter
Apr 9, 2014
To go with these lap times what speeds can people hit on this track? In the Ruf I can only manage 173 mph

poppleton

Formula Karter
Apr 9, 2014
"Only" ;) I'm topping out around the 165-168mph range.
I say only because given the length of the start/finish straight I expected more, I had more top speed on tracks with shorter straights than Monza, Its weird.