PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 6 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP - 09/09/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 6 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP - 09/09/15 @ 8:00pm

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I say only because given the length of the start/finish straight I expected more, I had more top speed on tracks with shorter straights than Monza, Its weird.
Probably because Parabolica is relatively slow, while at Sakitto 130R wasn't flat but you didn't need to break :p
I'm reaching about 170 I think, on minimum downforce.

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
im just so glad there isnt football tomorrow... i was so close to taking half of pack tonight in the social...

Ycoms

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Due to school reasons I'm unfortunately not able to race tomorrow. Have a nice race and see you next week. :)

AndrexUK

?? 2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Audi tops out at 281, while the Aston steams on up to 290.
Can't remember the maths to convert that to real numbers, but I only changed to kph, since more drivers use it internationally.

ok, thank you google.... 281kph = 174mph

Andy

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
RUF is doing almost the same..280kph.

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I was only doing 172-3mph max with the set I was running.

Martin van der Bent

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 26, 2015
Unfortunately I wont be able to race tonigt:s. Just started my pc and the damn thing only shows black screen. Something is very wrong. Hope I can fix the issue but I doubt it. Sorry guys

Ryan Smith

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 28, 2015
Yeah, **** week for me as per. **** qualifying, couldn't get anything together, everytime I tried something there was traffic. Sorry for the contact early on into T1 with you @Browneskiii locked the front wheels and had no steering. Gave me steering damage after that, then I drove into the wall.

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
  • AJ

AJ

Race started well, was up in 4th having a good fight with Mazy and Miniblack then around lap 10-11 yorkie overtook me just before 2nd chicane but he messed up in chicane and i bumped into back of him and which put me way behind 3rd and in a fight with 7th and 8th then few laps later heading up to parabolica, Yorkie just rams into the back of me trying to force a gap up inside....... Very frustrated with whats happened.

Last edited:

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
First of all apologies to @AndrexUK for the tap and for not waiting immediately after. In the end Karma got me back and I went backwards as Andrex recovered to a very impressive second.

Really annoyed with myself for throwing away an opportunity in a fast car - too many mistakes, also annoyed at a last lap incident with a back-marker that lost me a place, it really just wasn't my day today. Taking 8th was a lucky break that was down to other's misfortune rather than my own performance.

Congratulation again to @F1-Masa and the podium.

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Good race guys, not too happy with my result to be honest. But these things happen, no point in getting too caught up in it. Congrats to @F1-Masa on another dominant win, and also to @AndrexUK for a stunning comeback drive and @Mazy CZ for a great podium. Thanks to @FisiFan91 and others for setting it all up as always!

Krusen

Formula Karter
Sep 28, 2014
I should probably have practiced and worked on the setup. The Audi is uncontrollable.

Pace was "okay" and I could have been battling with some of the guys in the back, but I made too many mistakes. Also the penalty system is just amazing:

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Felt like that was a strugglesome race for a lot of people. It certainly was for me. I got caught in an incident on lap 2 where @Ryan Smith apparently pushed @Browneskiii into me at turn 1 (and then the game felt like I deserved a corner cut penalty to go with it lolbantz!), but the main cause for my poor race was my lack of practice time really. Had only been able to do like 20-30 mins worth of lapping prior to qualy, so the pace wasn't quite there, but what cost me was the mistakes I kept making at the 2nd chicane - literally made all my 4-5 mistakes at that corner. Had a bit of momentary battling with @Krusen, @RC_MoNsteR_99 and @Browneskiii, but overall it was a pretty poor race for me. I don't think Monza was particularly well suited to neither myself nor the car anyway tbh.

Obviously congrats to @F1-Masa for a dominating performance (might have to set up a AOR GT3 Alien division for you next season ;) ), and well done to @AndrexUK for an incredible comeback drive to 2nd.

I hope I'll have a bit more time to practice for Sonoma as I think that could be a fun track to drive - aiming to get myself back into the top 10 at least!

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Pissed off is an understatement.
Yet another race where I'm hit off, the one race where I needed a good result as I'm missing the next race and over the two races I'm going to be getting 1 point. Fair to say my championship will need a lot of luck now. Well done @F1-Masa and the podium sitters. I miss how the podium felt :[

AndrexUK

?? 2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, that had High's and Low's!!!

I had put a LOT of practice into this one, as the top end speed of the Audi seemed to make it a competitive machine.
think I did about 4 full race distance practice runs. but it was looking like it was going to pay off.
Tuesday night social went a lot better than expected, with a realistic 2nd place finish (had @F1-Masa carried on) but missing some other drivers put that into un-confirmed.

Testing showed I could venture into unknown territory and start my first ever race on softs without needing a pit. weird.

Pace was feeling good, and Qually went very well, more or less matching my PB.
Still about 0.5 secs of Masa and his Aston, but I'll take that every day of the week and more!
put me on the front row with Masa, and I knew the Aston's 1st gear was awful, so turn 1 was mine to loose.
Or..... I could DC with 20 secs to go! yeah.

Ok, well, that's kinda shagged my podium, but I've got a fast car, and good pace. so could be fun actually racing people for a change (I tend to have lonely races mostly (and not in the good 'I'm too fast' kind of way)).
so last place on the grid (somthing like 22nd?) and little to loose.
Kinda resigned my self to a top 8 finish if things went my way.
Got a pritty sweet start, and made about 6 places of the green lights into T1.
Got rather tight, but sqeezed through, and took 1 or 2 more before 2nd chicane.
Not quite as much fierce battling between other by the end of the lap, so I could push hard and make up some more ground.
was picking ppl off ok, and a few had issues / spins / contact, gifting me a place or 2.
Caught up with @SonOfMaw and got a better exit on the Lesmo's.
up the inside on L1, and carried on into L2, but SonofMaw turned in a little too early, and caught my rear left.
Shot off to the left like a missile, but the gravel trap did it's duty, and slowed the wall contact down to a thump, instead of a wreck.
SoM carried on (naughty naughty - but we'll leave it at that - apologies for the anger, was a little highly strung after the DC)
12 Aero damage and 10 suspension damage, but the aero was only going to affect the top speed (not ideal at monza, granted, but the car was already maxxing out anyway).
I think the suspension damage was worse, as it made the rear end loose over the kerbs on the exit of Ascarii. rather scarey!!!.
Carried on, and just put in the fastest laps the car would let me, but this was about 3/4 a lap slower than it should be.
had dropped down to about 12th, and thought a top 10 would be good with a damaged car at Monza.

But the car seemed to behave itself, and I could keep the good pace up, slowly catching on the cars ahead.
More guys having spins / etc saw me climb back up again.
And was back into the top 5 again with about 10 laps to go.
@Miniblack and @SilverArrow3 ? were battling for 3rd, allowing me to catch up.
I think Silver made a mistake, and I passed Mini. but @Mazy CZ was about 9 seconds up ahead.
Until he politely spun in Ascarii, which saw the 3 of us together.
I had the speed to sneak past, and steel 2nd.
With the last 3 laps or so, trying to get away from Mazy, but he held on till the finish.

Before the DC, I though 2nd would be a slight possibility. To get there from the back of the grid, with damage was a complete shock.

Grats to @F1-Masa for impressive pace (I have no doubt you would have got passed me easily enough had I not DC'd) you are really in a league of your own, we all just fight for the rest of the podium! you deserve the win.

Thanks to the stars for lining up for me again, to grab another 2nd place in a row.

And of course, thank you @FisiFan91 for running the show! Think this is the first time I've not had a little battle with you all season!

Andy (sorry for the crazy long post - again - but I'm shocked at the 2nd place!)

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 19, 2014
Firstly congrats to the top 3! @F1-Masa did what he does, @AndrexUK pulled off a nice come back and @Mazy CZ .... I didn't really see you at any point in the race but well done anyway! :p

My race was sloppy and frustrating. The first 10 laps were good! Start was ok, immediately lost a place off the line but gained a couple via the incidents before running wide twice to put me down to P11. I managed to work my way back up to 6th over the course of the next 10 laps and during that time, was able to do a bit of tyre saving as I could see 5th, 4th and 3rd, 3 seconds up the road from me battling it out. I knew all I had to do was keep it steady, smooth and consistent and I'll crawl up to the back of them. Exactly that happened and whilst I had hoped to catch the 3 of them together, 1 of them had managed to break away a second or so up the road whilst the other 2 still went at it.

On lap 10 as they both went side by side through the first chicane (this was @Miniblack and @AJ) I managed to get a decent run out and stick my nose on the inside for the long turn 3 of Mini right behind AJ. This gave me a slipstream and Mini's longer route meant he dropped in and tucked up onto my rear bumper leaving space for me to go down the inside of AJ. I took it and slipped down the inside into 4th in the braking zone and just as we turned in, I saw AJ tuck in behind me and not fight for the inside in the right handed part. Initially I had planned on leaving him room but seeing his car pop in my rear view mirror, I turned into the apex a little too hard and caught the kurb on the inside sending the rear round right infront of him. With no where to go he bumped into me which made me spin a little more, and loose a couple of positions but it was my fault and error in the first place and said to carry on.

A lap or two later, having recovered a place or two I did the same move again down the inside of @SilverArrow3, again into 4th but outbraked myself as he gave up the position. Knowing I wasn't going to make the second part of the chicane, I straightened the wheel and went to the inside but also slightly over the large kurb which got me a 5 sec cut track penalty. I was able to move out of the way of Silver on the exit though so he and 2 others slipped past.

Recovering from that a couple of laps later after battling with @khaki and @SonOfMaw, I was back on the rear of AJ and got a good run at him coming out the exit of the second lesmo. Having pulled off 2 or 3 moves down the inside into Ascari already in the race I felt confident enough to plan to make the move there. I closed up in the slipstream and as we went through the little left handed kink leading down into the dip under the bridge and back up to ascari, I moved left expecting the track to open up and AJ gently move to the right in the usual racing line. However, we were still actually going through it and as I moved left, I lag tapped him and then got caught up on the kurb. The tap was enough to unsettle his car and he swerved left trying to control the rear end into me which then put me into the wall. I suffered a little bit of aero damage from it and backed off the throttle to let AJ back past, to see him weaving down the straight and then spin off at the entrance of Ascari and into the wall before he left. I'm guessing he got quite substantial damage from it. In the moment, it looked close but not close enough for contact, and in the reply there is a gap between mine and his car, but you can see the smallest of knocks through lag which unsettled his car. It was my mistake, and I apologize again to AJ for it.

From there on out, I lost a place to @AndrexUK which I didn't fight too hard as I wanted to catch the guys infront and I knew he was quicker than me so I tried to stay with him as much as I could but the damage ontop of tyres that were wearing down it was a little difficult. I decided to go a little more reserved and safe to ensure I made no further mistakes and whilst there was a moment or two here and there, nothing major happened and it helped me get back up into 6th. At the end, I was hunting down Silver for 5th trying to apply the pressure, closing the gap and it was working. However I had a slight sideways moment mid-way through Ascari which put me way off line and lost a second or two which I had been working down over a number of laps. From then on I knew the tyres didn't have the life to bring the gap back down so I settled for 6th in the end. So it was good, but also bad and again a lot to learn from. Felt I could have had a podium had I have kept my nose clean, but I'm feeling more and more confident each race that it will eventually come. Onto the next one!

Last edited:

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
  • AJ

AJ

Recovering from that a couple of laps later after battling with @khaki and @SonOfMaw, I was back on the rear of AJ and got a good run at him coming out the exit of the second lesmo. Having pulled off 2 or 3 moves down the inside into Ascari already in the race I felt confident enough to plan to make the move there. I closed up in the slipstream and as we went through the little left handed kind leading down into the dip under the bridge and back up to ascari, I moved left expecting the track to open up and AJ gently move to the right in the usual racing line. However, we were still actually going through it and as I moved left, I lag tapped him and then got caught up on the kurb. The tap was enough to unsettle his car and he swerved left trying to control the rear end into me which then put me into the wall. I suffered a little bit of aero damage from it and backed off the throttle to let AJ back past, to see him weaving down the straight and then spin off at the entrance of Ascari and into the wall before he left. I'm guessing he got quite substantial damage from it. In the moment, it looked close but not close enough for contact, and in the reply there is a gap between mine and his car, but you can see the smallest of knocks through lag which unsettled his car. It was my mistake, and I apologize again to AJ for it.
Yeah we had a little chat and cleared it all up, ill just have to get my revenge by beating you at Sonoma ;)

Also good racing @Miniblack, was really enjoying our little scrap :)

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Well, happy about the result and also dissapointed about that stupid mistake from 2nd. :(
In quali I was happy about my lap time around mid 1:44's which put me on 4th.

I had OKish start and went alongside @khaki but he pushed me even wide but I held that position and I was 3rd into T1 luckily as there was that pile up which gave me some breathing space. After that, @F1-Masa started doing his thing ant the gap was increasing like stopwatch.. Held ontho 3rd place behind @Noztra and @Miniblack behind in 4th. I had good battles wih both of them but then I found a bit of pace and closed on Noztra. I overtook him at the 2nd chicane when he went a bit wide on the exit but his Audi was faster in straights and with slipstream he could close on me after Ascari. I was hit under braking into parabolica meaning Noztra had some damage and maybe I got some aswell but the car was OKish so I continued now in P2. I was holding the gap to 3rd all the time and when P3 and P4 were battling it out I increased the gap slightly. Then @AndrexUK got into P3 and was around 9 sec behind with 6 laps to go. Bud I made one mistahe in Ascari when I hit the kerb too much and I halfspin. I waited to backmarker to get passed and I reversed and rejoined in safe manner jist in front of @AndrexUK and @Miniblack. Andrex got in front and Miniblack was alongside trhought the parabolica and main straight but I got inside into T1 and stayed in P3. Adrex pull a slight gap but I managed to close him down but I hadnt had any chance to overtake him after any straights. I was gaining on braking and corners but he held the P2 on straights. On last lap I got very close at braking into T1 and It was the braking of my life as it almost ended in crash. I kept it together though and Andrex took P2 with myself in P3.

So pretty happy about the podium, one mistake costed me P2 but beeing it on Monza I'm very pleased. I thought it will be much worse as the car was awful over the kerbs int 2nd chicane and ascari but I guess I wasn't the only one ;)

Congratz to @F1-Masa for domination and also to @AndrexUK for great recovery drive. Shame about @AJ who was running in top 5 I guess in one stage and also thanks to ogranizers as per usual great job ;)

Last edited: