PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 7 - Hockenheim - 27/01/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 7 - Hockenheim - 27/01/16 @ 8:00pm

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
For those of you who are in the social tonight, let us know how Pedro's DS holds up will ya. I see there's not too many drivers attending atm though, which is understandable I guess, but if you don't have anything better to do tonight just jump in for the sake of giving the DS a test under a higher load if nothing else!

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
For those of you who are in the social tonight, let us know how Pedro's DS holds up will ya. I see there's not too many drivers attending atm though, which is understandable I guess, but if you don't have anything better to do tonight just jump in for the sake of giving the DS a test under a higher load if nothing else!
We usually end up with more drivers than that actually sign up so hopefully thats the case tonight, if not ill send out invites, hopefully entice a few to join in.

Reactions: FisiFan91

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
I actually found a 3 months for the price of 1 code for iRacing (for expired accounts) and had all put pressed submit, when I decided to hold off until the next Mass DC.
I no longer wish to spend the hours of practice in for it to be wasted.

Reactions: ramiboo

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
There is usually more people than the number that gets signed up in the social thread. It's often Elite and Pro combined too so hopefully we should have somewhere around 18-24 people like we usually do.

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
I actually found a 3 months for the price of 1 code for iRacing (for expired accounts) and had all put pressed submit, when I decided to hold off until the next Mass DC.
I no longer wish to spend the hours of practice in for it to be wasted.
Wanna share the love on that code? Or has it expired, wouldn't mind getting my account up and going again!! ;)

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
I believe it's still alive, and I think it was '3monthsfor1lapsed' All I would suggest is that you may wish to hold off till at least tonights race. I have a feeling that if things have not improved, there may be a few guys that would be looking at other options.

It sounds like Season 4 may follow Season DC rather quickly, and I would much rather have a break for 2 / 3 weeks (run some fun events!!!) And only kick off S4 if stability is sorted, otherwise it might encourage me to move to iRacing.

I know AoR has an iRacing section, but it sounds like it focus is on open wheelers, which does not really interest me as much as GT3, but I don't know how much scope / interest there is for a GT3 AOR league for iRacing...

My plan is to continue to the end of Season DC at least (unless its clear there will be further DC's), and then review things after that.

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks @AndrexUK i think I found it (PR3monthsfor15lapsed) I'll try it later. I'm not much of a furmula fan, but I'm keen on doing some of the GT endurance events, so need to up my licence a level and do some practice. With the recent MDC's and the fact that I'm trusting PCars less and less to give a fair and level multiplayer experience is making me only want to race for fun at the moment.

In going to give tonight a miss unfortunately, so if there is a reserve for a reserve please go ahead! :)

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
So, are we running today? How was the yesterday's social race, no problems that time with the connection?

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
So, are we running today? How was the yesterday's social race, no problems that time with the connection?
We are racing tonight. There were no issues last night with Pedro's server so we shall be using that I believe.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Thanks @AndrexUK i think I found it (PR3monthsfor15lapsed) I'll try it later. I'm not much of a furmula fan, but I'm keen on doing some of the GT endurance events, so need to up my licence a level and do some practice. With the recent MDC's and the fact that I'm trusting PCars less and less to give a fair and level multiplayer experience is making me only want to race for fun at the moment.

In going to give tonight a miss unfortunately, so if there is a reserve for a reserve please go ahead! :)
http://giftcardspromocodes.com/14/iracing-coupon-codes/

http://www.savingstory.com/coupons/iracing/

http://www.dontpayfull.com/at/iracing.com

Lots of stuff. :)

I picked one where you get 3 months for 12 dollars and a Ford GT3 car. :)

• Informative
Reactions: AndrexUK

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
I would be up for iracing GT3. Just waiting for someone to step up and make it happen ;)

I think there will be more then enough intrest

Reactions: Browneskiii

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Btw i need to test my lag issue, so if 3-5 guys are willing to do some practice with me like 30mins before the race, i would be grateful. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1453894628][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would be up for iracing GT3. Just waiting for someone to step up and make it happen ;)

I think there will be more then enough intrest
Remember AC race on Sunday. :)

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Btw i need to test my lag issue, so if 3-5 guys are willing to do some practice with me like 30mins before the race, i would be grateful. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1453894628][/DOUBLEPOST]

Remember AC race on Sunday. :)
I'll be there :)

Reactions: Noztra

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Back to topic.
Is the time of the transition from wet to dry random as i thought it would stop raining mid race and it would dry out in 1 lap but that didnt seem to be the case yesterday.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

hutch

Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2015
I signed up to iracing last night, got 3 months for price of 1, as it's my 1st time playing it so any tips/advice would be great. I'd be interested in a league with u guys, I don't care what type of cars we use

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Back to topic.
Is the time of the transition from wet to dry random as i thought it would stop raining mid race and it would dry out in 1 lap but that didnt seem to be the case yesterday.
I believe that it's the same each time from what I've seen in the social races and then in the official races. It seems to happen a few laps after half race distance as it was around lap 18 everyone pitted at Nurburgring, then Hockenheim seems be around lap 22/23. I think @Yorkie065 mentioned there was some sort of syncing issue with the weather effects and the actual grip levels on the track, so for example the rain would still be falling but the track is actually drying? Or I might have heard something incorrectly there, he's probably the best guy to ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.