PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 7 - Hockenheim - 27/01/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 7 - Hockenheim - 27/01/16 @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I believe that it's the same each time from what I've seen in the social races and then in the official races. It seems to happen a few laps after half race distance as it was around lap 18 everyone pitted at Nurburgring, then Hockenheim seems be around lap 22/23. I think @Yorkie065 mentioned there was some sort of syncing issue with the weather effects and the actual grip levels on the track, so for example the rain would still be falling but the track is actually drying? Or I might have heard something incorrectly there, he's probably the best guy to ask about it.
With the sync to race, it takes about 5-6 laps for it to go from light rain to dry. But the transition should happen at the same time for everyone, there shouldn't be any issues there with that regard.

And yeah, the games transitions are a bit odd. Basically you should feel the track start to dry at the same time as the rain starting to ease up and almost basically be dry although you can still see one or two drops of water on the windscreen. It's a bit odd....but also actually slightly realistic as I found out last Friday :p

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I think there is at least a small amount of randomness to the ideal time to change rubber!
It might be a 2 / 3 lap window.

I think we need to perhaps leave the iRacing stuff out of here, and create a new thread in the iRacing secton.
But lets see how the rest of the league goes first.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I signed up to iracing last night, got 3 months for price of 1, as it's my 1st time playing it so any tips/advice would be great. I'd be interested in a league with u guys, I don't care what type of cars we use
best advice I can give to you about iracing is to not try win everything right away. The most important part is getting your safety rating up, so avoid crashes then whenever you're comfortable then you go for wins. Don't treat it like a normal racing game either, think of it as a mini career but around other drivers doing the same thing! Edit: just seen andrex's comment :p

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
+1

When you start as rookie, don't join the grid, and start from the pits, and drive your own race without incidents, and you will get out of rookie a LOT quicker. It's tempting to try and race, but there are some ppl that make you think the R stands for Retard, not Rookie!
Even in Class D, you should be looking at ignoring the racing element, and just run clean laps!
Probably Class C is when you can start looking at racing, but even then, I'd say 90% clean laps V 10% racing.
It may provide slightly more boring driving, when not racing against others, but you will gain more from it.
You get to learn > Improve without getting wrecked, and you progress much faster.

Anyway, Back on topic pls! I'll create a thread in the iRacing section to gauge interest in a GT3 league.
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-iracing-gt3-league.10643/

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hello guys, I have to call tnihjt's race off from my side sadly. I run into some problems which I have to solve tonight. I will try my best to be ready in time but don't wait for me ;)

EDIT:
All solved..I will be on the grid :D

Last edited:

Togomies

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
What I saw when I joined the track in Q:

on the first 2 attempts I saw this when I exited garage and on the 3rd time I saw this when I exited pits, after booting 4th time it worked correctly lol

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
You know what, even though I was pretty slow and got my race ruined on lap 15 by something out of my control, I actually quite enjoyed that, especially the first 15 laps in the rain when I was close to @TonyR, @Togomies and whoever else were in that group, and had to stay really focused to keep up. After Tony's lag spike (or whatever it was) killed us, I was by myself in last for the rest of the race, but at least I enjoyed driving the car around this track and the transition from rain to dry and night to day at the same time - conditions I haven't experienced previously, so that was cool.

In the end, I come away with nothing in terms of points, but that's just how it is. Mainly I am just happy that we got through the race with the majority of people finishing without too much problems (I think), although I feel sorry for @TonyR who also had his race ended by the bug that gave us both severe damage.

Congrats to the podium guys!

• Friendly
Reactions: AJ and Tipple

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Havent really raced since the patch and my old setup was melting the tires. So right before we went to quali i changed everything. That was a bad idea since my pace was more than 1 sec off my best. In the warmup i tried to change everything again. Now the car was a bit faster, but all kind of stability was gone. So after making huge mistakes on every lap (and taking out @Jellyfish - so sorry) i decided to park the car and quit.

I really dont know if i wanna continue racing. When i cant use the right amount of time to practice and setup the car, the race result wont be for top 10. Im not sure im ready to accept racing in the lower half going forward, then it will just be frustration for me and thats not the way to use my limited time.

For now i will skip the next race and consider what to do.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I really dont know if i wanna continue racing. When i cant use the right amount of time to practice and setup the car, the race result wont be for top 10. Im not sure im ready to accept racing in the lower half going forward, then it will just be frustration for me and thats not the way to use my limited time.

For now i will skip the next race and consider what to do.
Mate, what it sounds like to me is that you're saying if you're not in the Top 10, you're not enjoying it, for which I can't really accept. Majority of people sign up just to have any kind of racing, no matter where they finish.

At least see out the remainder of the season man, considering you've been here a long time.

Jellyfish

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2015
was not my best race xD at first my start was not that good! i mist the breaking point a bit and crashed into somebody (i am really sry but i hope it was not that bad!)
i had some damage at the front but i could continue! i was behind @Papand and @TonyR. Because of the missing breaking board at the first corner after the hairpin and the darkness i didnt saw where i had to break so i kissed @Papand and get past him.... when he catched me again i let him through because it was a unfair overtaking.
But karma kicked my as and after i overtook @Papand again he crashed into me and my car was more broken than before. After some laps@centro missed his breaking point and crashed into me. my car was even more broken then before. The problem was that i was only 1 sec slower than the guys in front and 2 sec slower than my normal lap time so i decided to wait for my normal pit stop and enjoy my race
In the end i could make up some places and had like @FisiFan91 said before a nice race ;)

can not wait for the next race!

Gratz to @F1-Masa @Miniblack and @khaki!

Last edited:

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Really enjoyed this race, definitely the best race I've driven yet, really happy with it.

Quali went well, I managed to put down a 1:41.5 early on in the session, which meant I could really push to try and find those final few tenths for the rest of the session. Managed to get 0.5 up on my time but coming into the final sector I made a mistake and got a loose rear end which sadly ruined my lap, but I was 3rd on the grid and knew I had good pace for the race.

Now into the race, and I finally got a good start for the first time this season, @khaki and @F1-Masa both ran a little wide into Turn 1 and were side by side, which allowed me to get a good run out of the corner and into Turn 2 where I would take the lead of the race. I knew I had the pace to match the guys around me so I just tried to stay out of trouble and put in some consistent laps and hope the other guys made mistakes, which thankfully @F1-Masa did! Giving me a lead of just over a second back to @khaki and @Miniblack . Then suddenly on Lap 8, after building up a gap of around 3-4 seconds to 2nd place, my wheel suddenly became super sensitive and the tiniest movement on my wheel caused the ingame wheel to turn a ridiculous amount too much. I tested how bad it was at the end of the race and 90 degrees on my end was over a full 360 degrees in game. But I was determined to try and hold on to first place. In the wet I was able to match the times 2nd place was doing and maintain a solid gap. But after I pitted and got some dry tyres on I was losing over a second a lap, probably closer to 2 seconds, to the guys behind, and really struggling for any feeling from the wheel. I knew from the moment the problem started happening that if I was contested for position I wouldn't fight for it as it would just be dangerous due to my lack of control. So once @Miniblack , @F1-Masa and @khaki started to get really close to me I let them go by without putting up a fight and just tried to bring the car home. Finished in 4th, which isn't where I felt my pace was, but with the issues I had I'll take that any day of the week!

Really happy with my performance this race, definitely a race that I felt I had the potential to win, if not at least battle for the win. But this very same problem has affected plenty of other drivers races, often resulting in a DNF, so I won't complain too much. Big thanks to @Yorkie065 for helping me fix my throttle pedal, which was registering throttle input where there was none, I would've probably had to pull out of the race if not for his deadzone fix. Definitely a race that my wheel wasn't too happy about!
Congrats to @F1-Masa , @Miniblack and @khaki on the win and podium positions. I'll be fighting for those places next time ;)
Big thanks to @FisiFan91 and the other guys behind the scenes who help make these races possible. Also thanks to @RC_MoNsteR_99 for letting us use his server.

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
That was an explosive mixture of intense close racing and fighting for the lead! I really really enjoyed that, one of the best races ever for me - or maybe the best!

Quali was okay, but could been better. I managed to hit a 1:41:5xx, but just like @Tipple, I was going for much better lap, about 1:41:0xx, but I made a mistake somewhere in T3. Thankfully, it was enough to get a second position.

The first few corners were surprising for me, when I saw @Tipple in the front. He managed to make a super fast start, while I was fighting with @F1-Masa. @Tipple took the lead just in the second corner of first lap! While two dogs are fighting for a bone, a third runs away with it :D

The Grand Battle was intense from first to last lap! @Tipple, @Miniblack, @F1-Masa and me were all fighting for the lead! It was a little bit bloody between me and Masa, we had some little bumps, but that's pure racing! I was so confused seeing @Miniblack going with full speed into the wall on the tight hairpin, I thought you were disc
onnecting - hopefully you just forgot about that corner :D But when I saw the video, I must say, those manouvers were pretty professional, you didn't let the brakes to lock and managed to control the car to avoid a fatal crash. You were a little bit behind us, but recovered very quickly and even took the lead!

Me and Masa decided to pit a little bit too early, maybe 1, 2 laps before a 100% dry track. Oh my god, exitting pits was so hilarious :D We were sliding and oversteering even on straight road, it was soo tough to control the car, it was just undriveable! Slidin' all over the place and locking on every corner. We got back to the fight when the surface got dry.

I'm pretty sure if Tipple didn't have those wheel problems, he could have win that. The RUFs were unstoppable today, you had a big lead after the pitting. Unfortunately, we had a contact on the hairpin and we were sticked and blocked together at the corner exit, which costed us some seconds. If it was my fault, I really apologise for that, I breaked a little bit too late I think.

I was 3rd, just behind Masa and Miniblack fighting together for the win. Guys, that was a pleasure to watch! On 37th lap, Masa finally overtook Miniblack, and there was an opportunity for me to finish 2nd. On the last lap, I was just behind Miniblack and I knew I could have a great fight, but unfortunately, I caught an oversteer on the second corner, which costed me about 1s - enough for Miniblack to easily run away from close battle :D So, I finished third!

A definition of pure racing. A close, intense and very exhausting race, that was what I was looking for, so enjoyable!
Thank you guys for a great race, especially Tipple, Masa and Miniblack! Again, big thanks for @FisiFan91 for organisation and @RC_MoNsteR_99 for sharing a server!

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
I'm pretty sure if Tipple didn't have those wheel problems, he could have win that. The RUFs were unstoppable today, you had a big lead after the pitting. Unfortunately, we had a contact on the hairpin and we were sticked and blocked together at the corner exit, which costed us some seconds. If it was my fault, I really apologise for that, I breaked a little bit too late I think.
Haha no worries mate, I wasn't in a position to be trying to fight for the position anyway. I didn't expect you to come from so far back, I was expecting to let you through at the next corner. You didn't cost me anything as I was pretty much resigning myself to 4th :p

Reactions: khaki

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well not the perfect result yesterday.

I couldnt see anythinq during Quali so I haven't put any good lap and I started in the 2nd half of the field.

I had preety good start and thanks to some cars which went wide in T1 I was up to 10th before T2. Then on the straight I overtook 2 cars and one of them was @RC_MoNsteR_99 but he came back in braking. We were side by side all the time until the last 2 corners of the whole lap but he stayed in front of me. I was on the similar pace as @Yorkie065 @Browneskiii and @RC_MoNsteR_99 preety much most of the 1st half of the race. Then @AndrexUK had some problems with lag which put him back from the front of the field and we had some battle which sadly resulted in contact between us in the final sector and we both went off the track. I continued for one more lap but I lost 2-3 positions to @Browneskiii and @Yorkie065. I went into the pits lap laterand put softs on and hoped for undercut but it didn't worked as my laptime was slower than my previous laps. Anfet it dried out, I wasnd fast enought tho catch anybody so I was preety much alone watching cars infront.

Congratz to Podium finishers

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Definately knowing how Alonso and Button feel with pace of the Mclaren on straights, watching @SilverArrow3 and @Mazy CZ in Audi's just pull away on straights :p

Qualifying went ok, a tenth off my pb but got 8th so pretty happy with that.

Race start, got jumped by @Mazy CZ but managed to hold onto 9th for a lap or 2 until @SilverArrow3 and that crazy Audi straightline speed had me at the end of the long straight and then was stuck to SilverArrow gearbox for around 10laps, was losing so much time on straights and making all back up in corners, so decided to back off to around 2.5seconds and look after tyres and let SilverArrow have ago at Mazy infront of him but i made a mistake on lap 18 and that made the gap to Silverarrow to 5seconds but he pitted on lap 20 i think it was and i stayed out til end of lap 22 which worked a treat as i gained several seconds on both Mazy and SilverArrow and bought me out 2seconds infront of SilverArrow and 2seconds behind Mazy. This is where my race became dangerous, i had to push so so hard in corners to cancel out SilverArrow 1second advantage he was gaining on straights and keep him out my slipstream, managed to do this until SilverArrow made a mistake and dropped back, then with Mazy pulling away so it was just a drive to bring car home in 10th, not a bad result to say i did literally no dry practice and thats where my race dropped so only myself to blame for 2nd half of race.

Good race @SilverArrow3, shame about the mistake as that battle was really starting to heat up :(

Gratz to @F1-Masa on win and @khaki and @Miniblack on podium.

Last edited:

Miniblack

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
Even tho P cars tried to ruin our brains with some weird techno light during the race, it still became one of the most exciting one, with fights for the lead all the way up till last lap.

Got p 4 in qualy without being too far from the top guys, so i had a good feeling about the race.

Got a half bad start that got @AndrexUK close on the left side of me, with someone looking on the inside for turn one. got a bit overstear going into turn one that send @AndrexUK wide over the kerb, sorry for that m8.
For the next couple of laps, i was right behind the top 3, trying to gain on others mistakes.
But as i showed in the clip above, it got a bit too close for my liking going into the hairpin.
Completely lost my braking spot, from a lose of concentration.
@AndrexUK got past me, but after a lap, something went wrong for him, that let me past.
For the rest of the first stint, i was closing in on the top 3, with @F1-Masa and @khaki close to each other.
Lap 20 and Khaki and Masa took to the pits, leaving me 7 sec behind Tipple.
lap 21 and Tipple drove into the pits, while i felt that one more lap should be fine.
lap 22 i went for the dry tires, coming out just ahead of @F1-Masa and @khaki, only 4,5 sec behind @Tipple.

From the next couple of laps, it was clear, that @Tipple was struggling, so i got past him with 8 laps left. Now @khaki and @F1-Masa also passed @Tipple and now i was the one struggling to keep @F1-Masa behind.
Some 3 laps of hard defending against @F1-Masa that lead to me making a minor mistake, giving him a way better exit for the main straight and @F1-Masa got past me at the hairpin with two laps to go.

P2 was the result, a result that i'm very happy to get, but that win was so close to being mine ! :) As @F1-Masa said "Masa vs Mini part 3" and i have a feeling, that it's not the last one! Thanks for a nice race everybody!

Lukas Fritsche

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 30, 2015
i dont know why but look it my brakes the are all heating for no good reason this must be a bug every time i touch my brake i spin(n) they were okay before the pitstop .it is unsafe to drive―at all. i gave up because i dont want to crash with someone and destroy his race :(

Status
Not open for further replies.