PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 7 - Hockenheim - 27/01/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 7 - Hockenheim - 27/01/16 @ 8:00pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Wasn't feeling that motivated to write a race report, so I'll keep it brief...

Had spent a decent amount of practice for here, which included 2 social practice runs, and the non official race last week, and an easy 2 hours practice outside of those too.

Won Tuesday nights practice run (missing a few of the fast guys), and the car felt good!!!

Quallied in 5th with a PB, so was very happy with that, and hoping for a good result.

Decent start, but got pushed around a bit by others, but managed to hold 5th
I knew I would be better in the rain than the dry (I am Scottish, so much more practice with it than most others), so had to keep a good pace up and try to just hold position in the dry.

Was going well, and with others making mistakes, I was in P4, and just ahead of Miniblack.
He was faster, so I was about to let him back past again, when I got a screen freeze for about 7 seconds.
Right on the slow left turn into Grandstand section.
Eventually came back to find my car nose against the wall, but Profiler showed no damage.

Rejoined down in about 7th, and the car just didn't feel right. Can't put my finger on it, but I'm guessing there was damage that the Profiler didn't pick up during the freeze.

Managed to carry on till the pit for slicks, but the car didn't feel much better, and a half spin / brake locking here and there, saw me drop off my normal dry pace.

Dropped down to 9th in the end, which is disappointing when a 5th was on the cards, but I can't say I'm that bothered, which is a little sad.

That screen flickering though!!! WTF

Roll on the end of the season imo, certinaly not looking forward to next race on a track I've not got a clue on...

Only just resisting the temptation to re-active iRacing early!

Thanks for the hosting on the DS, and thanks to @FisiFan91 for the continued time / effort into the league!

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
i dont know why but look it my brakes the are all heating for no good reason this must be a bug every time i touch my brake i spin(n) they were okay before the pitstop .it is unsafe to drive―at all. i gave up because i dont want to crash with someone and destroy his race :(
What's wrong here? I'm not sure if I see anything wrong here, you mean brakes temperature? They seem fine to me, I think. If you often lock the wheels while braking, try to adjust your brake pressure (make it lower) and brake balance. If you think you're overheating, open the brake duct a little bit more.

But hey mate, look at your FFB diagram! It's clipping all the time, I'm sure your FFB settings are a little bit wrong. I can help you with setting it up.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Well.. Happy, but not happy. I started in 6th with a great lap in quali, and was 2 tenths or so up, but messed up the final corner because my tyres were too hot, only cost me one position so it's not a big deal.

At the start of the race, I was going to go up the inside of Miniblack, but I decided against it as it's not a sprint race. I think I got up to 5th but I can't really remember. I was running just ahead of Yorkie, but out of the final corner, got on the curb a little too much and spun, but only lost 2 seconds or so, but that was enough for Pedro to get me too. Yorkier forced Pedro slightly wide at the hairpin, and both of them kinda had a dangerous rejoin, but no damage was done... Until the next corner when I think Yorkie had a slight spin and caused Pedro to brake, which meant I went into his back very lightly but still lost a second a lap with 23 damage. I let Mazy through because I didn't want to hold him up, and I tried to stay with him, but I was frustrated with myself, shouting at my car for being **** in the wet!
Finally, the pit stops came, and I came in just before Andrex, but annoyingly he came out ahead, but due to my car's strength, I was very quick down the straight and I got by rather quickly, and went on my way to catching Pedro and Yorkie again. Pedro didn't seem to have his rain pace, so I got by him quite quickly and with about 6 or 7 laps to go, I was about 5 or so seconds behind Yorkie, going about 0.5-0.7 a lap faster! I was pushing stupidly hard to catch up to him, and I was doing mid to low 37's every lap to do that, but Yorkie held up a good defense and the race was over just as I got to him, one more lap and I'd have had him I felt!

It's just annoying how bad the Audi is in the wet, because if it was just dry weather, I felt I had the pace to win this race, if not get a podium at minimum, but once again, the wet screws us guys over :(
Happy with 6th considering it was wet, but I felt there was more on the table.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
So that race was pretty good for me. My best result so far for the races that I haven't DC'd from and a nice haul of points.

Quali: I think it was my second flying lap I got my fastest on which wasn't really ideal. It was a reasonable lap but I knew I'd be quicker so I lined myself up for another run on fresh tyres, basically crawled around the outlap to preserve as much of that fresh tread layer you get on a brand new set for the flying lap itself, only to go and make a mistake coming out of turn 2. So again I crawled around ready for the next and got a lap that was 0.007 seconds slower than my fastest. Think I was about 0.4 seconds down in the second sector but knew my final sector of the previous lap was scruffy. Either way, 7th on the grid.

Race: Start for me was interesting. Obviously I wanted to get a good one, but I had @AndrexUK my team mate directly infront of me, and @Browneskiii in his very fast starting Audi to my right in 6th so I was kind of in a dilema where I wanted to get past Browneskiii...somehow, but not hinder Andrex. Either way, we all got a pretty even start and immediately a 0.5 second gap formed to the guys behind, so I had some breathing room for the first few laps.

I was basically following @Browneskiii around for the first few, with 1 or 2 opportunities where I could get my nose alongside but couldn't make anything of it as he defended pretty well. He was running wide a little though which I warned him about, then about a sector later he dipped his wheels onto the outside kurb and spun over to the right gifting me the position. @RC_MoNsteR_99 was behind Browneskiii and managed to slip through. The next few laps were him catching me, me trying to hold the gap to him and trying to catch Andrex a few seconds up the road. Pedro managed to get close enough and we got locked into a multi lap battle of me having trying to defend down the straights and on the brakes into the hairpin. Having done my favourite defensive manoeuvre twice, I knew Pedro will have learnt what I was going to do and try something different which he did, instead he went for the outside this time instead of the inside. He was on my left and in the braking zone I glanced over to see where he was, think there may have been a slight door to door rub too as I didn't scrub off enough speed to make the apex (missed timing of 2 downshifts :\ ) and went in deep. There was a bit of contact between me and Pedro which pushed us both wide and we rejoined right infront of Browneskiii side by side. We both went through the next right hander side by side with me on the outside, but inside for the next turn. I managed to hold it but was a little loose on the apex and had to hold off getting on the power, which is where I think Pedro bumped into me a little and Browneskiii into him giving him the damage.

Eventually, Pedro managed to get past after @AndrexUK had his moment. Pedro pitted at the end of lap 20, which I knew was too early, and I pitted a lap later on lap 21 which is just about right (maybe 1 lap later) and came back out infront of Pedro. I had to do a little defending to Pedro whilst my tyres got stable temps and pressures but felt good once there and was able to start pulling away. I just drove my race, with @khaki about 15 seconds up the road with the gap increasing all the time, I knew that 5th would be the best I could get unless something major happened to the guys infront. A few laps from the end, noticed @Browneskiii was catching me so I upped my pace a tad to try and slow his progress in catching me a little. Last 2 laps, I basically had to go a little defensive just to cover off any divebombs, other than that didn't really feel threatened until final lap where he got a fair bit closer. Came home in 5th, and if it was one more lap, I would have had my work cut out to him Browneskiii behind.

Overall pleased as it's my best result this season so far. Pretty solid race apart from the mistake with Pedro and us both going wide. Would have been nice to have @Andrex finish a little higher but even still, decent points for the team. I had good consistency, nice pace in both the wet and dry but the Z4 lacks acceleration and top end pace. Makes up for it though through the turns. Snetterton is going to be interesting, hoping to make the Z4's aero work nicely through the corners but it's going to be tough with the two long straights!

Pedro's server seems to be nice and stable so it would be nice to continue using that. Congrats to the guys on the podium, and cheers for @FisiFan91 for his patience with us with regards to the game and it's issues, and of course sailing to AOR ship on it's merry way!

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
i dont know why but look it my brakes the are all heating for no good reason this must be a bug every time i touch my brake i spin(n) they were okay before the pitstop .it is unsafe to drive―at all. i gave up because i dont want to crash with someone and destroy his race :(
What's wrong here? I'm not sure if I see anything wrong here, you mean brakes temperature? They seem fine to me, I think. If you often lock the wheels while braking, try to adjust your brake pressure (make it lower) and brake balance. If you think you're overheating, open the brake duct a little bit more.

But hey mate, look at your FFB diagram! It's clipping all the time, I'm sure your FFB settings are a little bit wrong. I can help you with setting it up.
I don't see any issues either but nice spot with the FFB clipping. If you haven't already, change your FFB in the FFB calibration screen from 'default' setting to 'classic'. It's right at the very top of the screen when you go into the FFB calibration and it 1000% better and I get no clipping from it. This is the ONLY thing I have changed in the FFB....EVER!!! All other settings I have are completely default apart from having it on Classic and it feels amazing.

Reactions: Lukas Fritsche

TonyR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 4, 2015
Unfortunately I had to retire in this race because of huge FPS rubber banding. Last time I had this problem half a year ago at Oschersleben in the rain. It seems to be too much for my PC.
At this point, sorry again to Fisi. It probably destroyed your race when my car went from 200kph to 5kph within half a second.

However that gave me the chance to watch the rest of the race and also commentate it.
There were some nice fights especially around the Podium places. I put up a video, link here:
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-pc-gt3-elite-video-thread.9631/#post-153209

Status
Not open for further replies.