PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 8 - Silverstone GP - 23/09/15 @8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 8 - Silverstone GP - 23/09/15 @8:00pm

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 8 - Silverstone GP
GT3 Season 2

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 23rd September 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 28 Laps

In-game time-of-day information (x10 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 06:00
- Anticipated race start time: 09:20
- Anticipated race finish time: 19:20

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the x10 time progression and that we have changed the tyre wear setting to Real.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Won't be able to make this one annoyingly as I'll be driving up to Birmingham for this years Eurogamer that evening. Hopefully maybe see some of you there? If not, make sure to keep an eye out for the live streams on twitch ;)

p.s. AJ, your safe! :p

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Just received a text from royal mail saying someone from behalf of sky is coming over today.. I'm assuming it'll have to be with my router so I might get lucky and be able to race! :eek:

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
@FisiFan91 Was just looking through the PCars forums and found a topic on a bug that will could have an impact on league races with results from qualifying not being carried over into the race:

Quoted from Elmo
"Yes, this seems to be a new issue. If you don't set a practice session before Qualifying, Qualifying is turned into a practice session.

Therefore the times aren't used to determine the starting grid and also your Qualifying fuel setting gets ignored.

We are on the case already."

This is a new bug that has come in after 4.0, so I think it would be best that until the issue is fixed, we run a 5mins practice session prior to qualifying so the sessions get registered properly and the qualy results carry through into the race.

Quote from Elmo about the workaround:
"QRW only and yes setting a Free Practice beforehand is a workaround for now. You don't even have to wait, just skip to the end of the session immediately if you don't want to do practice.

Sorry for the inconvenience."
Hooray for Project Cars!! :p

Last edited:

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I'm going to be skipping this race chaps, due to other commitments. I'll be back to get in your way next week.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Sky are basically women in bikinis, such teasers! They brought my router round and everything, I got all excited and stuff and then it says "you cannot access Wi-Fi until the 25th" :cry:

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Sky are basically women in bikinis, such teasers! They brought my router round and everything, I got all excited and stuff and then it says "you cannot access Wi-Fi until the 25th" :cry:
Feel for you bro!

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Ok, turns out I may end up being able to race after all. Not 100% sure yet so don't fully count me in, but I'm going to try and make it if I can, even without a setup. Not going to be expecting good results if I do.

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just FYI guys, due to the new bug that Yorkie reported here, we'll be adding a 5-minute practice session ahead of qualifying tonight. I'll be starting that session at 19:55, so that qualifying starts at 20:00 as normal.

The only notable consequence of this is that the time progression starts 5 minutes earlier, so the time conditions at the start of qualifying and throughout the race will be slightly ahead of the usual.

Apart from that everything is same procedure as always! Cya tonight :)

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
Just FYI guys, due to the new bug that Yorkie reported here, we'll be adding a 5-minute practice session ahead of qualifying tonight. I'll be starting that session at 19:55, so that qualifying starts at 20:00 as normal.
why not just start at normal time at 20:00 and then skip the practice session? worked fine last night in social :D
and since its host controlling whether to skip sessions it shouldnt be a problem :D

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
and since its host controlling whether to skip sessions it shouldnt be a problem :D
Oh really? I wasn't aware of that. I thought every driver had to press skip to progress to the next session - I swear it was like that before?

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
It certainly worked for the social run last night, I don't know if it still calculates that 5 mins (x10) as 'done' or it skips it.
Either way, skipping is available, and probably the best option.

That said, I'm so far off the pace, I think I could happily skip the full race too :(

Andy

Last edited:

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
I'm sorry guys, but I can't compete tonight with You due to school-related things.

Have a great and clean race!

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
@FisiFan91
race result

race report...
my wheel decided to go no ffb after 1 min of quali.. tried everything including disconnecting it, but it didnt want to go normal... it also went ultra sensitive after 4 laps of the race so when i steered 10* i went full on car.. was impossible to drive so decided to just do what i could to get there and help teammates :D

Martin van der Bent

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 26, 2015
What a race. Had the same ''bug'' again as last race, but less severe. Sensitivity increased like 1.5 X at start which caused me to spin in first corner. Hope I didn't took too many people down with me. Looked like most could get past. There goes my 5th quilifying position and I was about to quit since I had to pit for aero damage as well and when I rejoined was 20s behind second to last guy. But as I adjusted to the increased sensitivity and noticed it was somewhat ok to drive, continued and hoped for the best.

In the end it was quite an exiting game. Did high 2:00 to low 2:01 whole race long on hard tyres without pitting. Overtook some guys , had some nice fair fights and made no real mistakes myself. The fight with Noztra I especially enjoyed!. In the end 7th is pretty good and more than I wished for after the first lap.

Congrats to podium finishers and see you again next week! Hope my steering sensitivity will stay the same whole race long...

Last edited:

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
Last race of S2 for me, really tough one. I wish it was 2 laps shorter, my tyres (medium, no pitstops) were gone, I was ice skating like crazy. Lost 4 positions in last 2 laps :(
But before that, it was nice one, within 1s with @Miniblack and @Yorkie065 almost whole race. Did my best to defend, thanks for keeping it clean and fair guys. I hope I will have time to upload the video this time.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Premium Member
Mar 4, 2015
By far my best perfomance this season...And it didn't start well, because I was even lucky to get one quali lap on the boards, crossed the line four seconds before the session ended, couldn't have done many places better though, maybe two.

Very good start, straight from P13 to P7 and even P6 after someone spun (forgot who that was...). But that was a place where I didn't belong, dropped back to P9 after some laps, but my pace was pretty consistent afterwards, was not losing too much time to the guys in front. So I just waited until @SilverArrow3 would pit to dive with him into the pits on lap 18 (maybe a little bit too late for us). After some time I was stuck behind @Tipple who was defending quite well, unfortunately we made contact after I braked far too late for Brooklyns at some point, sorry for that...
In the end overtaking @FisiFan91 on the last lap was maybe the highlight. :p I'll definitely take P8, I think I'll never reach that position in this league again, haha. xD