PC - AOR PC GT3 Pro - Round 2 - Donington - 02/12/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Pro - Round 2 - Donington - 02/12/15 @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Round 2 - Donington GP
GT3 Season 3

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 2nd December 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 40 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slot:
- Overcast

In-game time-of-day information (x5 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 21:00
- Anticipated race start time: 21:00
- Anticipated race finish time: 02:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x5 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Weather Conditions: This race will take place at night therefore make sure you have a button assigned for the Headlights.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no-shows

@Neil Bywater
@billzkid

Last edited:

DozerKitty

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2015
A quick update. Had technician out from ISP today, and we came to the conclusion I need a new router. It has been ordered and shipped from ISP, but it can take up to 7 days before it's here. I hope for it to arrive before this race, but if not, I'm gonna have to sit this one out as well, should I get a seat for the race.

- Dozer

Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Round 1 missed anf I'll also miss round 2, but back from US on Saturday so should be good for round 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Erti147

Canisbe

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 30, 2014
really looking forward for this race, love the track. It's short and bumpy.
I hope my pc doesn't crash and i can be as consistent as previous race (untill lap 19...)

Daniel Nesterowicz

AOR PC GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 21, 2015
I think im still reserve? but i`m ready tomorrow, if there is room! :)
otherwise ill drink with AL, my idol.
2_Albundy_Married.jpg

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
So a couple of things I want to highlight for this race tonight:

1- Headlights: Use them! Map a button please and if you do end up taking damage to the front of the car, and your headlights aren't working, please go into the pits to repair. There might be a case where for yourself, your headlights are working fine but for others, your headlights aren't showing. The mirrors of cars have little visibility at night and people rely on them a lot, so if someone calls out that you have a headlight or both headlights missing, please be a gentleman and pit to get them repaired as it's impossible for them to see you in the mirror without headlights and it's only going to be very costly for both drivers if theres a collision. It's scary enough that when a driver does have working headlights, that they get so close the cockpit goes dark again. It being dark with a driver anywhere between 3 seconds to 0.005 seconds behind would just be god damn awful.

2- Request Pit Button: Please map it to a button on your wheel or keyboard and if you need or plan on going into the pits, please use it. A number of drivers last race encountered a bug with their pit box being occupied. If you press it and request a pitstop on the lap you are planning to pit, especially in the first half of that lap, the pitcrew will warn you if your box is occupied or not. If it is, go round again and wait for it to become empty to avoid any issues.

3- Brake Marker Boards & Bollards: (something that @Viceguy highlighted after the social last night) Please please please avoid taking these out. They are key references for a lot of drivers with braking points, turn in points, apex's etc, and with it being so dark due to no track spot lights, it's difficult to drive without them, made even worse when you are following and battling other drivers. Most of them are just far enough off track anyway that if you are hitting and taking them out, you are going beyond the track limits which is against the league rules as you should be keeping 2 wheels within the white lines at all times.

Otherwise lets keep the racing fair and clean, and good luck to you all for tonights race! :)

Edit: And definitely no flashing of headlights unless you are lapping a car. It's hugely distracting and also against the league rules! You will be punished if caught doing it to a driver you're racing, more so if it causes an incident!

Last edited:

billzkid

Formula Karter
Nov 21, 2015
@Erti147 hey, i wen for a run yesterday and hurt my hamstring on the left leg and now it hurts when i brake. I'm not sure how my leg will feel this evening so to be fair I would like to give my spot for tonight's race to @Daniel Nesterowicz.

If my leg feels better, I will lurk around the team speak and participate in the race if there will be any room left in the lobby.

Is this OK?

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Also just thought of something worth noting which was sparked by someone mentioning people rejoining the track; it would be a good idea to have a simple call out like: 'leaving pits' as you approach the pit exit from the pit lane. Do it about a second or two before you come off the limiter to help warn any driver coming down the start finish that there will be a car appearing in their braking zone and gives them a little bit of time to adjust their line. You have about a second to spot a car leaving the pitlane and adjust when you're coming down the straight, and it comes right out onto the racing line in a braking zone so moving out the way of a slow car is very difficult. Couple that with 2 drivers side by side doing 150mph into turn 1 with a car coming out of the pitlane at 70....yeah, you don't want a 3 way gravel party especially when one of those may have just had a load of damage fixed.

• Useful
Reactions: Canisbe

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
@Erti147 hey, i wen for a run yesterday and hurt my hamstring on the left leg and now it hurts when i brake. I'm not sure how my leg will feel this evening so to be fair I would like to give my spot for tonight's race to @Daniel Nesterowicz.

If my leg feels better, I will lurk around the team speak and participate in the race if there will be any room left in the lobby.

Is this OK?
Ah that's a shame mate. First of all it will be @optimalspieler that gets priority. So if someone else pulls out or doesn't turn up Daniel can join.

And if there happens to be space after I've checked through all 7 reserves lol, then I'll let you know.

Reactions: optimalspieler

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
2- Request Pit Button: Please map it to a button on your wheel or keyboard and if you need or plan on going into the pits, please use it. A number of drivers last race encountered a bug with their pit box being occupied. If you press it and request a pitstop on the lap you are planning to pit, especially in the first half of that lap, the pitcrew will warn you if your box is occupied or not. If it is, go round again and wait for it to become empty to avoid any issues.
Thanks for posting this in here. That's why I hired you.

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 15, 2015
Just let let you all know, I am having issues with the centering of my wheel. It is fine for about 2-4 laps and then the wheel centers itself at about 35-40 degrees to right hand lock. I can center it quickly but only on straightaways, and it is slightly risky to do. If I am having major issues with it then I will retire and swallow my pride and take the DNF.

billzkid

Formula Karter
Nov 21, 2015
Ah that's a shame mate. First of all it will be @optimalspieler that gets priority. So if someone else pulls out or doesn't turn up Daniel can join.

And if there happens to be space after I've checked through all 7 reserves lol, then I'll let you know.
Ok, cool. And don't bother it hurts more now than in the morning lol :) so I've scheduled an ultrasound scan for tomorrow and then I'll know more ...

Have a nice race tonight :)

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Just let let you all know, I am having issues with the centering of my wheel. It is fine for about 2-4 laps and then the wheel centers itself at about 35-40 degrees to right hand lock. I can center it quickly but only on straightaways, and it is slightly risky to do. If I am having major issues with it then I will retire and swallow my pride and take the DNF.
If it's going after like 4 laps, and you know it could be a danger + you're not gonna be competitive, then I'd be grateful if you let me know before the race if you'd rather give someone else a chance to race rather than you taking up a spot and then retiring after 4 laps. :)

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 15, 2015
If it's going after like 4 laps, and you know it could be a danger + you're not gonna be competitive, then I'd be grateful if you let me know before the race if you'd rather give someone else a chance to race rather than you taking up a spot and then retiring after 4 laps. :)
I'm not saying that I'm not going to be competitive, that's why I'm racing here. If I didn't think I could put up a fight every race, I'd take up knitting. I can't tinker with it until I get home which is 10 minutes before qualy starts. That is the soonest that I'll be able to figure it out. My wheel doesn't jerk around or become unreaponsive, it is just a centering thing, so I can race the entire race, it will just be uncomfortable.

• Informative

Lancs_Brummy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2015
The only positive thing I have to say about that is, well done to the back markers for leaving loads of room and making it easy to pass. On the initial warm up I saw 2 people racing and messing about resulting in markers being taken out. They didn't get replaced for qualy or the race. Fortunately they weren't important ones. I don't know who managed to take out the middle marker approaching the chicane towards the end of the race. It's a bloody straight line. The thing that annoys me the most though, and I accept that this is the thing I have least right to complain about, is when someone in front is so much slower and they still fight for the position. If someone comes from so far back is such a short space of time, they're clearly going to get past eventually. All you're doing by defending is causing potential collisions and slowing yourself down, giving people from further back more chance to catch. Unfortunately I spun at least twice avoiding the same person who was going pathetically slow through the corners, and this is the same person I had the same issue with last week. Don't get me wrong, I made my own mistakes too and I apologise to anyone that was affected, but I have to release this frustration somehow. 1 last point, if you're trying to make it the whole race without changing tires and have lapped people who have now pitted and going much quicker, you need to let them past earlier than I saw today. Rant over. I'll be awaiting your angry responses :)

DozerKitty

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2015
This time around, I manages to race, and what a race it was. I was a bit unsure after quali how I would fare, as I started at P16. But I said to my self, I'm just gonna go at my pace, and hope for a good start.

After the first lap I was up to P9, just minding my own business, overtaking some guys doing mistakes etc, and at one point I was up to P6. I had a farely eventfree race, with nothing major happening. I had a small run-in with Ronald, where I simply outbraked myself, and bumped into him in the penultimate hairpin.

I finished P8, which I'm pretty content with. :) Thanks for a good race all!

Status
Not open for further replies.