PC - AOR PC GT3 Pro - Round 6 - Watkins Glen - 27/04/16 @ 8:10pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Pro - Round 6 - Watkins Glen - 27/04/16 @ 8:10pm

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
@Erti147 I'm not going to be here as we've a meeting about a charity cycle ride we're organising via our club, so unless it is cancelled then I'll be absent tonight.

Beppo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 9, 2014
A petty to see so many drop outs tonight. :/ I was looking forward to come back to Neil for our last season's duel here.

But that's life I guess.

Philip Soderholm

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 16, 2015
Yes its sad.. Understanding that sometimes people got stuff they have to do, nothing wrong with that!
Im glad @Erti147 is doing a good job getting the reserve-drivers in when there is spots =)

Martinb65

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 7, 2016
Thanks for the invite but I wasn't actually looking to race until the beginning of next season. Still sussing out my choice of car at the moment.

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff Member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the invite but I wasn't actually looking to race until the beginning of next season. Still sussing out my choice of car at the moment.
well, what was the point in signing up to this season then lol, you'll have to sign up again when Season 5 goes live

Jayden Thurlow

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 15, 2016
Sorry I will not be able to compete my internet has been very unstable over the last few days and I don't want to take a risk and put other drivers in harm

Martinb65

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 7, 2016
If there are spaces available for the next 4 weeks I would like to join you guys if i can as the racing is on some of my favourite tracks?

I do have a question though, would I be able to possibly change cars for next season? Do I have to stick to the same car?

Gentlemen put the misunderstanding 's down to my age. The braincells aren't as sharp as they used to be.

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
good job guys
congrats to especially podium drivers.:stig:
qualify:5th
finished 5th
@SVK_Duchi good paces(y)
@Zach Plummer, you were so closed to me so fast last 5 laps(y) but you didn't catch me :)
and
thnks to @Erti147 and organizing stuffs.
and
@Gxbbs , are you using 1000 hp at the start?damn again you are my favorite starter.:eek:

Gxbbs

GP2 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Philip Soderholm

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 16, 2015
Yeah very nice race guys!
My battle with @Raigore and @WarnTyre was pretty exciting, sadly it ended too quick.
After that it was basically just me and Warntyre, after him doing an early pit-stop.
Hold him off until last 2-3 laps i think? Then something started happening, i teleported forward, missing pretty much all brake-points. So instead of trying to keep P1 and make an incident, i just dropped off to P2.
I am happy though! Some nice points and a very nice race! :)

Raigore

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2016
First of all thanks for having me guys!
Really enjoyed the race, awesome 3-way battle for 1st. Feel free to miss the upcoming races so i can join again, lol. :joyful:

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff Member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If there are spaces available for the next 4 weeks I would like to join you guys if i can as the racing is on some of my favourite tracks?

I do have a question though, would I be able to possibly change cars for next season? Do I have to stick to the same car?

Gentlemen put the misunderstanding 's down to my age. The braincells aren't as sharp as they used to be.
If enough people tell me that they will not be there on Wednesday night, then I will call you up and you'll get to race.

You can change cars for next season yes, you just can't use different cars in the same season.

It's great that we have folk of all ages here anyway ;)

Beppo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 9, 2014
Puuh. What a recovery race! Never would've thought I would recover after the crash in the uphill S.

Needed to pit for repairs quite early and just had to put my head down and be consistant as hell to wheel in the guys in front, I even managed to wheel in the first guys during my first tyre stint.

Had a nice hunt down with @Mulleyg for over the half of the race. I was pushing like crazy, because I wanted that 11th place and had some minor mistake and a pretty hot moment there in the bus stop, where I somehow managed not to spin, but basically sliding next to the track like crazy, without hitting the wall. I thought allready the fight was done and dusted, with a gap growing from ~ 1 sec. up untill 4 secs. (man that Ruf was quick on the straight before bus stop!) but I still was managing to shorten the distance and eventually he spun on the exit of bus stop facing backwards and I was lucky to avoid him basically. Really nice and consistant fight for time though! A shame it was decided that way.

After that I was actually beginning to settly in on 11th with @Gxbbs being like 25 secs out in front. But appearantly his tyres were pretty much smoked up, so I was presented with a quite unexpected P10. Thanks for the race guys!

Hideaki

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 10, 2016
Very disappointing race for me, qualified 6th which was about where I thought I would be, got to 5th off the start, and then just like Bathurst I spun on lap 1 and had to wait for the whole field to go through. Over the next few laps I climbed 7 or 8 places, pulling off some nice moves, which may have made me a bit over-confident. I tried to take @Gxbbs through turns 2 and 3 after getting the better drive out of turn 1, and it went badly for us both. I feel like it was my fault for trying the move and for that I'm sorry. I suffered suspension damage and had to pit early, meaning that while trying to catch @Zach Plummer for 6th I ran out of tyres and spun again.

Pretty disappointed with the result and the way I drove, as I think that I could have got a top 5. But next week is my favourite track Spa, and I hope to make a comeback. Congrats to all the top 4 as I probably wouldn't have been able to stay with you even if I didn't have any issues.

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2015
good job guys
congrats to especially podium drivers.:stig:
qualify:5th
finished 5th
@SVK_Duchi good paces(y)
@Zach Plummer, you were so closed to me so fast last 5 laps(y) but you didn't catch me :)
and
thnks to @Erti147 and organizing stuffs.
and
@Gxbbs , are you using 1000 hp at the start?damn again you are my favorite starter.:eek:
I was pushing as hard as I could to keep the gap to @Hideaki, and didn't even realize that I had been catching you. Had I started to push when you hit lap traffic, I could have had you. Or if there were a few more laps, I had plenty of life on my tires yet. Good race everyone, FINALLY felt comfortable in the Cadillac, first time all season I can say that. On to Spa.

Hideaki

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 10, 2016
I was pushing as hard as I could to keep the gap to @Hideaki, and didn't even realize that I had been catching you. Had I started to push when you hit lap traffic, I could have had you. Or if there were a few more laps, I had plenty of life on my tires yet. Good race everyone, FINALLY felt comfortable in the Cadillac, first time all season I can say that. On to Spa.
It was so difficult to catch you, I had a low downforce setup so that I could be fast in the first sector and do all my overtaking there, but you were matching me there, and I was awful through the rest of the lap because of having no downforce, so if I didn't nail the first sector I'd lose like half a second a lap to you.

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2015
It was so difficult to catch you, I had a low downforce setup so that I could be fast in the first sector and do all my overtaking there, but you were matching me there, and I was awful through the rest of the lap because of having no downforce, so if I didn't nail the first sector I'd lose like half a second a lap to you.
Yeah you were .5 seconds quicker than me in the first sector which made me a bit nervous. I was content with eventually letting you by and taking P7 but the last 2 sectors were just clicking for me. And was able to keep the gap, definitely my most consistent race all season and probably my best drive aside from my P3 at Brands Hatch last season.