PC - AOR PC GT3 S15 - Social Practice/Evaluation Race - Rouen Les Essarts - 31.03.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 S15 - Social Practice/Evaluation Race - Rouen Les Essarts - 31.03.20 @8pm UK time

Nuno Aparicio

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
Even if i hate this track, ill join for training purposes :)
This track is really not ideal for modern cars...

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
This track is really not ideal for modern cars...
I tend to disagree with that statement. The only real tricky part of this track imo is sector 1, the rest is pretty straight forward with an almost flat out last sector. Yes, it's bumpy, narrow and has some pretty dangerous kerbs. But what other track has that as well? The Nürburgring. And they race that track for 24 hours straight in a GT3 irl. This track is basically just a French piece of coutry road and as far as I know, modern cars drive on it every single day. Imo the only reason why people claim the track is insane, unsuitable for modern cars, a death trap etc is just because it's something new that they never did before.
We did this in the Clio Cup (which I believe you were also a part of). Before the race people claimed that running this track was insanity and was never gonna produce anything but a wreckfest. Yet come race night, it turned out to be one of the best rounds of the entire season (in my opinion and a lot of others'). So let's give it a chance before you guys start shooting it down :)

Reactions: Enton

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
I tend to disagree with that statement. The only real tricky part of this track imo is sector 1, the rest is pretty straight forward with an almost flat out last sector. Yes, it's bumpy, narrow and has some pretty dangerous kerbs. But what other track has that as well? The Nürburgring. And they race that track for 24 hours straight in a GT3 irl. This track is basically just a French piece of coutry road and as far as I know, modern cars drive on it every single day. Imo the only reason why people claim the track is insane, unsuitable for modern cars, a death trap etc is just because it's something new that they never did before.
We did this in the Clio Cup (which I believe you were also a part of). Before the race people claimed that running this track was insanity and was never gonna produce anything but a wreckfest. Yet come race night, it turned out to be one of the best rounds of the entire season (in my opinion and a lot of others'). So let's give it a chance before you guys start shooting it down :)
As you say sector 1 is definitely the main thing that scares people off, but I disagree that it's because they've never driven a track like this before. As ya said, multiple kerbs are death traps, which means if you accidentally touch one with even the slightest mishap, you could end up crashing and totaling your car instantly.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As you say sector 1 is definitely the main thing that scares people off, but I disagree that it's because they've never driven a track like this before. As ya said, multiple kerbs are death traps, which means if you accidentally touch one with even the slightest mishap, you could end up crashing and totaling your car instantly.
Which could also happen on the Nürburgring. Yet no one complains when we drive that track ;)

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
I actually find, at least with my car and setup, that I can take quite a lot of kerb without it killing me. What's dangerous is when you just catch the rear wheel while the back is a little bit lose, then you're sent to the moon... basically, if you're gonna hit a kerb, do it with some commitment and it'll be fine ;)