PC - AOR PC GT3 S15 - Social Practice/Evaluation Race - Rouen Les Essarts - 31.03.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 S15 - Social Practice/Evaluation Race - Rouen Les Essarts - 31.03.20 @8pm UK time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
The difference with Nords, is that you are not going anywhere near as fast for 80% of the lap. And if you go over the curbs at Nords, they don't tend to spit you out like they do here.
Racing will also be a lot closer, so someone having a spin, has a high chance of taking out someone else with them (which can snow ball if it's early on in the race...)

Enton

AOR PC GT3 S15 T2 Champion
Aug 16, 2016
I got dq in lap 4. :( damn stay everybody home time. :(
I have one question only. Is the softs stand the 22 laps?

Ahh was fun btw:

Qualy + Sprint Race

Main race

Reactions: subkkonen

JackGame88

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 15, 2019
I have one question only. Is the softs stand the 22 laps?
I guess depends whether you slide a lot, but I had no issues (and I believe I had softs ;) )

now please answer my question: how the f**k you were so fast on the back straight? I was in your slip stream in race 1 and still you were faster than me!

• Useful
Reactions: Enton

Enton

Aug 16, 2016
Wings on 1-5 and i cant go faster than 290 so i dont know. Lambo can beat amg here by TT.

JackGame88

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 15, 2019
I had back wing on 4 (no front wing adjustments), with no one in front I could do about 282. Then I changed the wing to 3 but the top speed didn’t improve much, I also set up engine duct to 5%, and tyres pressure to about 1.90

Tony Clifton

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 24, 2019
@Enton: Yesterday in the second race I tried the hard tires. Catastrophically slow, everyone past me as if I were standing. So I think it's definitely worth choosing soft tires for the second, longer race. But I don't know how much the ideal tire pressure, so I leave on default.

My top speed was around 273 (Audi). (Wings 2-4) Don’t understand how to get 290 here. Unfortunately, I do not have much setup experience, I only configure very basic things. Maybe those are wrong. :D

And one more thing: The engine doesn't heat up very much here. I set the radiator to 25%, but at the end of the race the engine wear was only 3%, so a lower value can work.

@JackGame88 , 1.90 tyre pressure? OMG, I always set to between 1.38 - 1.42. I'm doing it really wrong?

Last edited:

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Normally, I'd aim for 1.75 - 1,8 bar pressures.
I tried higher (normally better for high speed tracks), but I lost more time in the corners than I would gain on the straights, so went back to 1,8

• Informative
Reactions: Tony Clifton

subkkonen

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 9, 2016
1.90 tyre pressure? OMG, I always set to between 1.38 - 1.42. I'm doing it really wrong?
They are talking about warmed up tires on the track, after a couple laps of driving (around 5 laps are needed). For this type of cars, ideal pressures are around 1.8 bar, but people suggest they can be lower for tracks with fast corners (down to 1.7) and higher for stop and go tracks like this one (around 1.9).

And yes, you are going to set a tires lower than that in the pitbox.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony Clifton

Psirus

Pro Karter
Jan 5, 2020
AMG GT3
Wings 1:5 (I also tried 0:2, but I'm faster on 1:5). Pressure 1.4 at the front and 1.37 at the rear (around 1.77-1.81 during the race). Hitting around 278-280 at the end of the back straight. What are your break ducts at? My radiator is at 60% I think which is probably way too high.

Enton

Aug 16, 2016
I'm only on 278, so 290 is fine!
It is the 6th gear's end so top of the tops, alone i can reach 288, so iam not complaining about it. Will try something soon, maybe i can set lower 6th to reach a bit more.

@Enton: Yesterday in the second race I tried the hard tires. Catastrophically slow, everyone past me as if I were standing. So I think it's definitely worth choosing soft tires for the second, longer race. But I don't know how much the ideal tire pressure, so I leave on default.

My top speed was around 273 (Audi). (Wings 2-4) Don’t understand how to get 290 here. Unfortunately, I do not have much setup experience, I only configure very basic things. Maybe those are wrong. :D

And one more thing: The engine doesn't heat up very much here. I set the radiator to 25%, but at the end of the race the engine wear was only 3%, so a lower value can work.

@JackGame88 , 1.90 tyre pressure? OMG, I always set to between 1.38 - 1.42. I'm doing it really wrong?
So we will roll with softs than.
I was around 1.70 it felt comfty maybe a bit more cant be bad max 1.80 like AndrexUK said too. Its too bumpy oldroad for higher pressures.

AMG GT3
Wings 1:5 (I also tried 0:2, but I'm faster on 1:5). Pressure 1.4 at the front and 1.37 at the rear (around 1.77-1.81 during the race). Hitting around 278-280 at the end of the back straight. What are your break ducts at? My radiator is at 60% I think which is probably way too high.
Ducts front 75% rear 45% radiator is 35%, closing this can give nothing i think but who knows, everything is possible.
I will be online soon can share my setup, if you wanna try it. But its basicly the TT second place's setup a bit lowered front tire pressure, and there are StrongestA's setup, its fine too, and its a bit different with 0-2 wing and so on...