PC - AOR PC GT3 S16 - Social Practice/Evaluation Race - Daytona Road Course - 11.08.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 S16 - Social Practice/Evaluation Race - Daytona Road Course - 11.08.20 @8pm UK time

be_cliff

Formula Karter
Jun 6, 2019
Can I join last minute? I have the time, but maybe not the energy... (it is very hot here the last week).
So...it depends :)

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
first time PC2 since the end of last season.

disconnect 1 after 5 minutes in the lobby
game crash 1 after 10 minutes in the lobby
disconnect 2 after 10 minutes of qualifying
game crash 2 after 2 minutes of waiting

be_cliff

Formula Karter
Jun 6, 2019
I think the highlight of tonight has to be me being an absolute Muppet and using lean fuel mix for about 15 laps without realising :LOL:
That AND The starting on the hards...
I did go back to pit afterwards to change to the soft(s) but the pitcrew gave me a full tank with it... so the car was much to heavy, the tire pressure was to high...
#undriveablecar
Made a lot of mistakes this race. Retired because the field was to seperated, I almost had every corner someone coming behind me. It was much to dangerous..

Learned a lot of it, this afternoon some setup time and then hopefully this evening much better! :)

@Tony Clifton I just saw, you were kinda lucky still. Could have gone more wrong... :)

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
That AND The starting on the hards...
I did go back to pit afterwards to change to the soft(s) but the pitcrew gave me a full tank with it... so the car was much to heavy, the tire pressure was to high...
#undriveablecar
Made a lot of mistakes this race. Retired because the field was to seperated, I almost had every corner someone coming behind me. It was much to dangerous..

Learned a lot of it, this afternoon some setup time and then hopefully this evening much better! :)

@Tony Clifton I just saw, you were kinda lucky still. Could have gone more wrong... :)
Yeah with the track temperature being around 18°c, plus most of the track just being an oval, softs are definitely the way to go.

Just make sure to have your brake ducts a bit lower than you might normally do so that the brakes retain heat and subsequently heat the tyres up.

Alternatively, you could try messing around with camber or toe to generate heat that way, but for a track like Daytona, you kind of want lower camber to get more speed on the oval.

be_cliff

Formula Karter
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah with the track temperature being around 18°c, plus most of the track just being an oval, softs are definitely the way to go.

Just make sure to have your brake ducts a bit lower than you might normally do so that the brakes retain heat and subsequently heat the tyres up.

Alternatively, you could try messing around with camber or toe to generate heat that way, but for a track like Daytona, you kind of want lower camber to get more speed on the oval.
Thanks for the tips! :)
No idea why I picked the hards...I qualified with the softs, I knew I needed those and still changed them before race to hard(s).
Brake ducts were 20 front and 5 back so that was ok I guess :)
Did messed with the camber and the toe but indeed to get more speed, not less speed.
The only thing confusing me is, I cannot go faster with lesser wing, my topspeed stays at 282 km/h. I guess the car hits the tarmac but I cannot find a way to change that. Even if I higher up the car on the back it still gets hitting the tarmac :-(. 282 is offcourse not bad either... :) (with the lambo)

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks for the tips! :)
No idea why I picked the hards...I qualified with the softs, I knew I needed those and still changed them before race to hard(s).
Brake ducts were 20 front and 5 back so that was ok I guess :)
Did messed with the camber and the toe but indeed to get more speed, not less speed.
The only thing confusing me is, I cannot go faster with lesser wing, my topspeed stays at 282 km/h. I guess the car hits the tarmac but I cannot find a way to change that. Even if I higher up the car on the back it still gets hitting the tarmac :-(. 282 is offcourse not bad either... :) (with the lambo)
If the car is bottoming out, then you need to look at your damper settings. You could try looking at the bump stop for a quick fix, but if it's still doing it, then the rest of the dampers get a bit complicated.

There's a great video by Yorkie about dampers, plus some good tools out there to help you set them up.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I was able to complete the last 3 laps with a lean mix setting and so it wasn’t enough… (More practice for the races?) :ROFLMAO:

Tbh switching the fuel mix does very little in actually saving fuel and will cost you a ton of time as well. Lift & coast is much more effective for saving fuel and most of the time it's also faster :p

I like your choice of music, sound a bit to me like the DOOM soundtrack (basically the best soundtrack ever made in a game, go check it out if you haven't already) :p

Reactions: Tony Clifton