PC - AOR PC S5 Endurance League - General Chat | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC S5 Endurance League - General Chat

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
@AndrexUK Hi guys, I thought that in this new endurance championship session, in the GTE category there could be 2 categories, that is, as in the original WEC, PRO pilots (Professionals) and AM pilots (Amater), this would be due to their time of qualification for the championship, those that are within a minimum time marked in said classification, and those who make more than that time become an AM pilot.
There would also be 2 driver ratings, the general and the AM.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@F4H MaR4uDer This is something we have already been discussing in the Cod thread :) But nothing has been 100% agreed as yet!

@BMW /// M-Power The dates have not actually been finalized as yet, but they will be provided at the same time as the weather is announced!

Reactions: F4H MaR4uDer

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015

AOR Endurance League
General Chat

A friendly place for any thoughts / discussions in connection with this season's Endurance league

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Will there be other dates for eval races ? These 2 dates are quite close and i’ll have difficulties to do them

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I'll see if i can create another social race as per last week's Fuji race.
If so, I'll tag all drivers signed up.

Reactions: Chloé

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Social / Test race on Thursday 11/04/19 (Similar to Eval Races)

Reactions: Beppo and Royalt

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
Luckily I planned on taking my time for TTs for tomorrow. Quite frankly, haven't been able to do so yet. So my choice probably will be either the Toyota TS 050, if I am somewhere near the rest of the field or the Porsche 911 RSR

Reactions: AndrexUK

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019
Is there some random reason why some of us (thankfully not just me) have not been confirmed for the eval races...

And on a side note, which is the better car to start with for an absolute rookie here, the Ferrari or the BMW?

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Probably the slow Co-ordinator has not updated the page (most likely not getting an alert that the thread has had a new post).
Will check the thread out later.

In terms of best Rookie car?
Anything other than the 911, is a safe bet!
Front Engine'd should be a little more predictable in most cases (And normally a little better in the rain)
I personally like the BMW a lot, but I didn't mind the Ferrari either tbh.

If I don't get an Aston team-mate (Most are not stupid enough to drive the Aston), then I may just go back to the M6!

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019
I ran the Ferrari at Fiji last week and battled with rear grip, doing a bit of testing with the BMW and must say it is a bit slow but its a lot more drivable for me... Maybe i will run the Aston in tomorrows race, see what it feels like.

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019
@AndrexUK we have the social test race tomorrow (very late for me) and still trying to decide which GTE i should run

Social / Test race on Thursday 11/04/19 (Similar to Eval Races)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Are you sure that's tomorrow? :)
11/04/19
If you are going for the American format, than that 4th November :p
Otherwise, I would advise to turn up on 11th. You might be quite lonely if you turn up tomorrow.

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019
Are you sure that's tomorrow? :)
11/04/19
If you are going for the American format, than that 4th November :p
Otherwise, I would advise to turn up on 11th. You might be quite lonely if you turn up tomorrow.
You see i am lucky enough not to deal with the american system lol it but obviously i cant read.

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
@AndrexUK I'll do the champ with the aston martin, and i was also planning to switch to M6 if no one wanted to team up with me :ROFLMAO:
(Do you want to team up with me btw ? ;) )

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK and Royalt

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
After some testing with the TS 050 I think I'd stick to that, even though I miss the cut by a good 2 tenths, it still is very drivable (thanks to @AndrexUK 's ghost setup :p) Plus the fact, that especially sakitto is extremly technical.
I clocked in a couple of laps last night, with the TT ghosts of @AndrexUK and Marauder (I thought he was AOR too, but well) and found that I wasn't that much away, considering the fact, that the differencial on these cars is quite big, when you can't carry the speed properly.
But I found myself enjoying the car and picking up speed as well a nice round driving style. I only need to practice from this point on, to find the grip threshold, the car works best.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@Chloé Depending on the the spread of drivers over LMPH / GTE, then hell yeah!
I'm Semi tempted with LMPH, but hard to say no to the Aston + fast team-mate!
So really depends on the number of signups - but first choice would be the Aston!

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
Is there some random reason why some of us (thankfully not just me) have not been confirmed for the eval races...

And on a side note, which is the better car to start with for an absolute rookie here, the Ferrari or the BMW?
I would strongly recommend the Ford GT if you havent tried it. The car is very driver friendly and extremely safe car. Its also one of the top 3 cars in the GTE class with turbo to help you in the altitude tracks.

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
I found it interesting that IMOLA was a track of choice for this season. I haven't tried it in the LMP1s yet but isnt that track very rough on the lmps? It feels like it consist of 94% curbs and 6 tarmac :ROFLMAO: