PC - AOR PC Split 3 - Car Selection Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Split 3 - Car Selection Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Sorry mate, I didn't get any alerts from this topic until now, so I suprised about how fast this car choose going :D Here is my list:
1. Red Bull
2. Toro Rosso
3. Haas
4. Force India
5. Manor
And the Red Bull is yours. Personally I'd have preferred a brown dog or something but hey, your choice.

LnD

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2016
And the Red Bull is yours. Personally I'd have preferred a brown dog or something but hey, your choice.
:D :D If I can tell the truth I don't really like them either. But I have to say they had a very good car (except the engine). Another way of course we will beat the Ferrari :D (if they crash... :D). Just joking, because It's an online league , there is no difference between cars so I put it to the first place just for fun ( and saw H_pro1 in the evalution race I think we can be a good team :) ).

Reactions: H_pro1 and Stevie

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Everyone above here has so far got their first pick of team.

Which means so far we have two confirmed teams!
Thanks Stevie!

:D :D If I can tell the truth I don't really like them either. But I have to say they had a very good car (except the engine). Another way of course we will beat the Ferrari :D (if they crash... :D). Just joking, because It's an online league , there is no difference between cars so I put it to the first place just for fun ( and saw H_pro1 in the evalution race I think we can be a good team :) ).
I think the Red Bull is slightly slower in a straight line compared to the other cars - it's about 3-4 km/h down compared to other cars. Might not be a huge issue but could cost you a couple of tenths at somewhere like Spa or China.

Reactions: Stevie

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
...about to be bumped to my 5th and last car choice. :banghead:

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Made some upgrades to my PC, which should help with the lag in the race hopefully :p It wasn't fun to race with ~20fps. Looking forward for the season and yeah I think we'll do good :)

Reactions: LnD and Stevie

LnD

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2016
Thanks Stevie!

I think the Red Bull is slightly slower in a straight line compared to the other cars - it's about 3-4 km/h down compared to other cars. Might not be a huge issue but could cost you a couple of tenths at somewhere like Spa or China.
Really even if it's multi? But then it sould be compensate in the corners with some extra downforce or better exit speed isn't it?

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Really even if it's multi? But then it sould be compensate in the corners with some extra downforce or better exit speed isn't it?
To be honest I wouldn't read too much into it. That's 1-2 mph slower at most. It won't make a huge difference to lap-time.

• Informative
Reactions: ChokDK

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Thanks Stevie!

You sure?
(Quoted from TyranoTigger) "The cars have the same grip and top speed." Thats what I rode, weird

E: My bad, he said also that RBR is a bit slower in very long straights :p

SonOfMaw

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Unless you pick the crappy Williams, that loses you 0.5 seconds (plus the 4-8 seconds by not being TyranoTigger) :D

I think the cars are as close as we've ever had them in this game - the rest is placebo.

• Agree
Reactions: LnD and H_pro1

Blue Monkey

Pro Karter
Jul 14, 2016
They never got it right, every F1 Game by Codemasters the setting "equal performance" was NEVER equal. There were always differences in tire wear and speed - sometimes up around 0.5sec ... I chose my car because I'm Swiss not because I chose the fastest. If you find out that car x has an advantage or car y has a disadvantage I would suggest that there would be an exception where people can switch to another car.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Hi,

Williams
Renault
Toro Rosso
Red Bull
Ferrari

would like to be team mate with ChokDK if possible

Thank you
Williams
Renault
Toro Rosso
Red Bull
Ferrari

would like to be team mate with Kurvz
You two are confirmed as Renault team!

Renault
1. @ChokDK
2. @KurvZ

Mercedes
Mclaren
Force India
Williams
Red Bull
You have your Mercedes.

Mercedes
1. @bruce0089
2. @Canisbe
@Canisbe and @bruce0089 take the mighty Mercedes!

Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull
Toro Rosso
Renault
4th pick, Toro Rosso is yours. @Blue Inquisitor and yourself are team-mates!

Toro Rosso
1. @Blue Inquisitor
2. @NoseyGuyy

Red Bull
Ferrari
Toro Rosso
McLaren
Force India
You called it, 5th car choice is yours!

@CameronB and @SonOfMaw take the Force India!

Force India
1. @CameronB
2. @SonOfMaw

SonOfMaw

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well at least the pressure is off trying to beat my team-mate, no chance against @CameronB :)

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Well at least the pressure is off trying to beat my team-mate, no chance against @CameronB :)
That's fine because you're my personal rival for the season after you defended against me in Spa. So pressure back on. :stig:

Mu11man

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2016
Not sure If I need to do this or not but anything but the sauber will be good for me :D