Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
AOR PC League - Season 12
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well!

We hope you all will race as cleanly as you can and enjoy the ups and downs (maybe not so much the downs) of the league racing experience over the coming season :)

Reactions: KurvZ

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Hello to everyone :) Some of you might know me. My real name is Daniel and I use the gamertag H_pro1 always. I am 17 years old born in 1999 and I come from Finland. I currently race with a pad, even if I prefer a wheel, at the moment I'll cruise around with a controller ;) You can find and add me in steam @H_pro1. I'm usually very relaxed and I have a very good humor also :D My favorite driver is Kimi Räikkönen ofc.

I have raced here in AOR before in F1 2014 and F1 2013 games (look at my signature). Nothing special to say about my league racing history. :p

I'm looking forward for a exciting season and good battles. I think it's a bit too early to tell my goals, but hopefully I can score points lol :p.. Looking forward to meet you all :)

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Name Dave, born in Wales but living in London since 1977, Age 48

Driving with wheel G29 and G27 back up, use no assist and only drive cockpit mode.

I have been league racing since F1 2013 done some Pcars and Assetto league racing with WTWR, Slipstreamers, CRL, CnC and UKCD, I'm not the fastest by any means but I do take it serious when league racing try my best to be fair but not a push over.

I am expecting an awesome season with AOR, and I am so happy the F1 2016 is a great game compared to 15 and 14 both versions I did not get on with so Pcars and Assetto were my choice then.
I look forward to learning and improving myself as a online driver and look forward to racing with old friends and new friends alike.

I am used to being a middle of the pack racer although I have won a good few league races and have never raged quit from a league race, I never do public lobby's.

I cant wait to get started cheers Kurvz

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
1. Who are you? (ChokDK, 54 y OLD, been in <3 with car games since Toca 2 :)
Dane, retired, musician, memory loss owner, memory loss owner, memory...
G27 wheel + dusty i7 + GTX 970.

League racing since Slipstreamers if you might remember those.
Haven't been doing much league racing since but F1 2016 got me into it again.
I have been doing a lot of Assetto Corsa (winged cars) which I love but I also love the "full monthy" from the F1 games.

It's hard to say anything about expectations when you don't know the people you're going to meet/race.
Though I can say I expect good clean races with "not to much crazy and ignorant racing going on" and will do my best to provide this myself :)
I also expect to have a lot of fun and excitement - and I expect not to be last, which I really hate to be.

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
SonOfMaw (also answering to the name of Tim), 40yrs old, residing somewhere in the vicinity of Cambridge.

Peaked at finishing runner up of ARL Season 3 Split 2 :cigar: Went rapidly downhill after that and jumped ship to iRacing where I found a talent for Indycar oval racing (winning my division, winning my split of the Indy 500 and still holding the WR Q time for Kansas Oval). Since then my participation in full time league racing has faded - until F1 2016 recently re-ignited my interest. So I've decided to jump back in and celebrate Codemasters finally coming good and producing a half-decent F1 game.

Honestly, the pressure is off. I'm not expecting anything other than to try and finish as many races as I can. I'm not the quickest, I don't have the setup know-how or any strategy tricks, just here to have some fun and rediscover my racing hobby.

NoseyGuyy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2016
Who am I?
I'm a 17 year old lad from Nottinghamshire, England, and my name is Eathan (spelled wrong, blame my mum :D). I just started playing F1 games when F1 2014 came out, and I took an instant interest in the games, and after seeing the AOR leagues on YouTube, I thought it'd be fun to try and get into one and race, so here I am now. I currently use an Xbox One controller to race, but hopefully I'll be getting a T300RS in January, and I'll also be an adult in January too, so thats something to look forward to.
My PC specifications arent very good, but without further ado:
i3 - 2130 @ 3.4GHz
6GB RAM
GTX 660 2GB
1TB Seagate Barracuda
A random 1080p HP monitor.
Whats your previous league racing experience?
There isnt much to say here, apart from I havent got any experience at all with racing in leagues, but thats where I'm hoping AOR will pick me up, teach me a lot about racecraft and league racing in general, and hopefull I'll end this league being a better driver than I am currently, so thats an exciting prospect.
What am I expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
I do have a few personal goals for myself, such as placing in the top 10 on the driver standings, and at least getting one podium by the end of the season, but other than those I'm hoping to just have fun, make some new friends, and understand a completely different angle of racing games/simulators. As I said, this is a completely new experience for me, so it's going to be a fantastic journey for me no matter what the outcome is, so heres to hoping we all get along ;)

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014

I am Stevie. I am TwotyThree. I am so very British and I use a standard Thrustmaster Tx and I can't tell you about my computer because I don't have a friggin' clue.

I'm also a Mullet wearing, Status Quo fanatic so you should be warned: I'm a bit different.

Bit of advice: I am catastrophically forgetful. If you ask me to do something, and I haven't done it in 24 hours, ask me again because I clearly got distracted and forgot.

I haven't actually competed in an F1 league as yet. So far I've done 4 seaons of GT3 on Project CARS and I've just started my second season of the AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 League.

In GT3 I picked the occasional win and a few podiums, but never arrived at a circuit thinking I could win. It was usually getting into qualifying and going 'Ooh! I have pace here!' and then going from there.

In Formula Renault I tend to have a tendency of being Mr. Defensive. I likes a fight and occasionally I pull a Kvyat and put pride of finishing ahead of someone in front of getting extra points. Which I admit, can be frustrating to the poor soul who gets stuck behind me.

I've said before I have no out-right desire to win. The higher up the order the better obviously but I'm really not that fussed where I finish provided I feel I've driven well and hopefully had a couple of battles along the way. If I'm at least in the pack and competitive within the group I'm happy.

But getting some points would be nice. :)

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
Hey Guys :) Im Laurent and im from Luxembourg (small small country) and i m 24, loving competition! I use a Logitech G27 and just ordered this here https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/game-seat-rr3055.html . My new computer with my 1080 GTX helps me to enjoy even more my Games :)
There is no previous league racing experience :D
I m really pumped and hyped about the season, cant wait to get it going :) What i expect? maybe a point here and there :) and some good battles! im looking forward for the season!
Once more i feel i have to say this again! Guys from AOR! youre doing an amazing job to get this going, i respect this very much and i hope that all the seasons are going to be great :)
Greetings from Luxembourg :)

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Hey Guys :) Im Laurent and im from Luxembourg (small small country) and i m 24, loving competition! I use a Logitech G27 and just ordered this here https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/game-seat-rr3055.html . My new computer with my 1080 GTX helps me to enjoy even more my Games :)
There is no previous league racing experience :D
I m really pumped and hyped about the season, cant wait to get it going :) What i expect? maybe a point here and there :) and some good battles! im looking forward for the season!
Once more i feel i have to say this again! Guys from AOR! youre doing an amazing job to get this going, i respect this very much and i hope that all the seasons are going to be great :)
Greetings from Luxembourg :)
I am heartbroken because I thought your name was 'Bruce'. :(

Reactions: KurvZ

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Hello all, I'm Dan and I'm a recovering alcoholic---oops wrong introduction! Anyway, I'm Dan, I'm a 21 year old from the UK and I've just graduated from uni so I'm currently looking for a job. In the meantime I am putting my new found free time to good use by playing F1 2016! I'm using a Logitech G27 with a slightly dated PC (FX 8370 and GTX 660).

I've been racing with AOR since season 1 way back on F1 2010. In fact in the first race of season 1 I took pole position but it's been down hill for me ever since! I've done a lot of ARL/AOR races over the years with varying degrees of success, although I last won a league race in Season 2 so perhaps there is some room for improvement....

I'm just looking for fun, clean racing this season. I am so wildly inconsistent on this game but I'd like a few podiums if possible. I think I'm pretty quick over one lap, especially in Time Trial, I just struggle to replicate that pace in a race situation for whatever reason on this game.

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

Hello all, I'm Dan and I'm a recovering alcoholic---oops wrong introduction! Anyway, I'm Dan
Dude thats awesome i am happy you are recovering and made the decision, nothing is bad for you in succession? If thats the right word? Alcohol can destroy ones life, so can anything else that is addicting. Even F1 :D ,But i like seeing people at their best and not their worst so have a good season Blue, and you will get your groove back, before you know it you may be in GP2(Split2)!

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Dude thats awesome i am happy you are recovering and made the decision, nothing is bad for you in succession? If thats the right word? Alcohol can destroy ones life, so can anything else that is addicting. Even F1 :D ,But i like seeing people at their best and not their worst so have a good season Blue, and you will get your groove back, before you know it you may be in GP2(Split2)!
Haha thanks mate! I'm happy to report that I'm not actually an alcoholic, although I do enjoy a tipple or two from time to time ;)

Yeah hopefully next season we'll be racing against each other, unless of course you get promoted up to F1!

Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Haha thanks mate! I'm happy to report that I'm not actually an alcoholic, although I do enjoy a tipple or two from time to time ;)

Yeah hopefully next season we'll be racing against each other, unless of course you get promoted up to F1!
#GOALS ,Likewise

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
You can put me down as a practicing alcoholic if you like. You'd think I'd got it down by now, but keeping having to work on it.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Not going to lie, our like game is strong. #SignsOfAGoodTier

Reactions: Pappiii

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
You can put me down as a practicing alcoholic if you like. You'd think I'd got it down by now, but keeping having to work on it.
My only advice is don't drink and drive: you might spill some (y)

Mu11man

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2016
1. Who are you?
Hello My name is Mu11man/Glenn (what ever floats your boat) I am Northern Irish so if you don't crash me out there about 50% chance you can understand me if you do crash into me I'll go full rant mode so we will need a translator :D

Started league racing a few months ago on Pcars. I was neither bad or good also doing a league on Assetto Corsa were I won the opening race so I've got 100% so far (Next race is on Friday I need to milk it while I can) F1 2016 is there 1st F1 game were I have done no assists I'm slowly getting there :D

As I'm only going to be joining at Monaco I shall try not to crash but its Monaco so there a good chance :D. After that have a good time and some close battles (preferably ones I win). Hope to see you on track

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Hi I'm Cameron aged 17 from England and I race using an XBOX 360 controller. I have been playing F1 games since 2010 but 2015 was the first one I turned the assists off (except for the line).
The only league racing I've done was season 11.
This season I'm hoping to not DNF at the street circuits and hopefully not get lapped.

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
Hello fellow simracers! My name is Pawel and I am a 34-year old Pole living in North-West England since 2010. I am using an immortal G27 with foam brake mod. PC spec average, doesn't matter as long as my games run smoothly.
This is my first proper simracing league, although I had tried F1 Challenge '99-'02 league about 10 years ago and had a cracking 3 months of iRacing battles (free subscription, yeah!) a couple of years back. I was also a member of first Polish rally team competing in RSRBR (Poland Rally Team for nearly 3 years) although there was absolutely no wheel to wheel racing involved ;)
I hope to provide good quality, clean and fair racing and I expect the same from other competitors. I was looking for zero-assist league and I've found it :) Good luck everyone!
My number is 81